Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Loving this from Hayward

2»

Comments

• I didn't know we were dealing in hypotheticals of a new coach. My apologies.

Sark doesn't deal with hypotheticals unless it's a hypothetical 9-4 season. However, I deal with hypotheticals all the time.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

In all seriousness I'd like to retain Wilcox and Hayward and shit can the rest of the staff including the "great" Tosh.

I'd rather not keep a DC that has gotten plungered by Oregon three years in a row.
  • In all seriousness I'd like to retain Wilcox and Hayward and shit can the rest of the staff including the "great" Tosh.

I'd rather not keep a DC that has gotten plungered by Oregon three years in a row.
    He's still a good DC. You can retain coaches from previous fired staffs. Carroll retained Gus Bradley when Mora was sacked and that turned out well.

I'm not on the promote Wilcox to head coach bandwagon but I'm not on the Wilcox is a shitty DC bandwagon either. I'd like to see Wilcox work with an actual good coach something he hasn't done since he was with Peterson.

In all seriousness I'd like to retain Wilcox and Hayward and shit can the rest of the staff including the "great" Tosh.

He's still a good DC. You can retain coaches from previous fired staffs. Carroll retained Gus Bradley when Mora was sacked and that turned out well.

I'm not on the promote Wilcox to head coach bandwagon but I'm not on the Wilcox is a shitty DC bandwagon either. I'd like to see Wilcox work with an actual good coach something he hasn't done since he was with Peterson.
    Wilcox has chosen to work with two known mediocrities in a row.

That's not a good sign about him at all.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

I'll keep Sirmon, too. Otherwise, agreed.

• Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393

Tailgater said:

Taylor Kelly is a little bit of a........ freeloader(or BSU wagon-rider). He has announced his home town on national TV to be Boise, but in fact he's from Eagle, ID which is about 7-10 miles outside Boise. This in terms of Puget sound geography is like a Tacoma or Everett kid telling the World of football that he's from Seattle.

If you're from Idaho, you're either from CDA, Boise, or Pocatello.

Hope this helps.
    Unless you're from one of the Ski towns like Sand Point, McCall, or Sun Valley.
  • dnc said:

I'll keep Sirmon, too. Otherwise, agreed.

I have nothing against Sirmon but you want the new Head Coach some flexibility in picking his own staff. I think Hayward and Wilcox are the best we can find for now.

While I'm sure you can easily find a replacement for Sirmon.
    Your_Mom said:

Tailgater said:

Taylor Kelly is a little bit of a........ freeloader(or BSU wagon-rider). He has announced his home town on national TV to be Boise, but in fact he's from Eagle, ID which is about 7-10 miles outside Boise. This in terms of Puget sound geography is like a Tacoma or Everett kid telling the World of football that he's from Seattle.

If you're from Idaho, you're either from CDA, Boise, or Pocatello.

Hope this helps.
    Unless you're from one of the Ski towns like Sand Point, McCall, or Sun Valley.
    That's "North Boise" to the rest of the world.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    Wilcox is also one of the only defensive coordinators that I have seen slow down Oregon's offense without superior talent on the defensive line when he was at Boise State.

He will solidify his reputation at UW vs ASU, UCLA and Oregon State this year but out of the sample size so far they have consistently gotten better from what I have seen since he has been here.

He is also doing this absolutely on his own as we all know sark is clueless on that side of the ball. Having an actual head coach with some meaningful input would probably help him too.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't agree with shitcanning anyone from the defensive staff, although for a new head coach I would be fine with it. I have been underwhelmed by Tosh's DL, but I also like the recruiting class he pulled in last year. We might as well give him another year or two to keep bringing in good recruits and let him prove if he can get it done.

Wilcox is also one of the only defensive coordinators that I have seen slow down Oregon's offense without superior talent on the defensive line when he was at Boise State.

He will solidify his reputation at UW vs ASU, UCLA and Oregon State this year but out of the sample size so far they have consistently gotten better from what I have seen since he has been here.

He is also doing this absolutely on his own as we all know sark is clueless on that side of the ball. Having an actual head coach with some meaningful input would probably help him too.

ROFL.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Sven - you no like snow sports? Ketchum is not North Boise
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Sven - you no like snow sports? Ketchum is not North Boise

Ski Baldy and then pop off.
  • I don't agree with shitcanning anyone from the defensive staff, although for a new head coach I would be fine with it. I have been underwhelmed by Tosh's DL, but I also like the recruiting class he pulled in last year. We might as well give him another year or two to keep bringing in good recruits and let him prove if he can get it done.

I just think with a new head coach he'll want to bring in his own staff so just trying to be realistic. Only Wilcox is a MUST keep IMO and I'd love to keep Hayward as well.

I don't agree with shitcanning anyone from the defensive staff, although for a new head coach I would be fine with it. I have been underwhelmed by Tosh's DL, but I also like the recruiting class he pulled in last year. We might as well give him another year or two to keep bringing in good recruits and let him prove if he can get it done.

I just think with a new head coach he'll want to bring in his own staff so just trying to be realistic. Only Wilcox is a MUST keep IMO and I'd love to keep Hayward as well.
    If you think UW can't do better than Wilcox, you're a Doog.
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    By beating up on a stoner QB and an out of shape headcase at RB, Wilcox inflicted LMJ upon the doogs, and upon himself at both UT and UW.

Mission accomplished.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Canard said:

By beating up on a stoner QB and an out of shape headcase at RB, Wilcox inflicted LMJ upon the doogs, and upon himself at both UT and UW.

Mission accomplished.Staff!!! True???

LMJ played for UO last year???? Those cheating motherfuckers.

NYBE

• I don't agree with shitcanning anyone from the defensive staff, although for a new head coach I would be fine with it. I have been underwhelmed by Tosh's DL, but I also like the recruiting class he pulled in last year. We might as well give him another year or two to keep bringing in good recruits and let him prove if he can get it done.

If you think UW can't do better than Wilcox, you're a Doog.
    Wilcox is a good DC. Like I said when Carroll came to Seattle he retained Gus Bradley and by year two they were a top 10 defense and year three a top 5 defense.

Very recent example of a staff being fired and the DC was retained.