Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Abdul-Malik McClain, 4* 2018 BUCK, San Juan Capistrano (Serra), CA (UCLA)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Bumper crop

It doesn't matter if Kwat can recruit anyone good for us this year as long as he can recruit some good ones for us next year
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Still waiting for the new attitude under Kawasaki to start paying off on the recruiting trail.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2017

My god man. At some point we have to get fucking serious.

We are never going to win a fucking Natty with Bryce Sterk on the Edge.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST KWAT.

He was retweeting white people shit basically tearing down the Seahawks reactions to the people throwing beers at them.

REAL MEN WALK AWAY!!!! Yeah, real fucking convincing from a white dude. You really fucking understand what it's like to have people call you racial slurs and throw beer at you in hostile environments.

GFY Kwat. STOP. FUCKING. RECRUITING.

Sometimes I think Pete has just accepted that he is not going to get 5-star guys and most 4-star guys. He’s become so used to winning through superior game planning and teaching technical aspects that he almost doesn’t give a shit about always getting the best players (Buddha Baker being an exception).

He needs some fucking ruthless closers on his staff, particularly the D-line. This “get to know you for 3 years” shit as a strategy by itself is getting old. With some kids at some point late in the process you need a Tosh Lupoi.

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2017
    Passion said:

He was retweeting white people shit basically tearing down the Seahawks reactions to the people throwing beers at them.

REAL MEN WALK AWAY!!!! Yeah, real fucking convincing from a white dude. You really fucking understand what it's like to have people call you racial slurs and throw beer at you in hostile environments.

Sometimes I think Pete has just accepted that he is not going to get 5-star guys and most 4-star guys. He’s become so used to winning through superior game planning and teaching technical aspects that he almost doesn’t give a shit about always getting the best players (Buddha Baker being an exception).

He needs some fucking ruthless closers on his staff, particularly the D-line. This “get to know you for 3 years” shit as a strategy by itself is getting old. With some kids at some point late in the process you need a Tosh Lupoi.

Disagree.

We are obviously trying as hard as try hard white guys can try to get these elite recruits. We are just failing.

CP is the best at maximizing talent but he surely knows he needs more talent to beat BAMA.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I've been saying for ages that Kawasaki can't recruit. WHERE'S MY FUCKING PODCAST SHOUTOUT YOU WHORES!?!?

Donations go along way around here.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

I've been saying for ages that Kawasaki can't recruit. WHERE'S MY FUCKING PODCAST SHOUTOUT YOU WHORES!?!?

I'd rather have the 20 bucks tbh.

But to be seriuz for a sec, I have thought about the Edge coach thing, but coaching OLBs is Kawasaki's job, aside from being DC. How would you sell him on having a new OLB coach? Just have him focus on being OC? Make him a "front 7" coach?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2017

Passion said:

Disagree.

We are obviously trying as hard as try hard white guys can try to get these elite recruits. We are just failing.
    Yes, I agree. We are failing.

So when you fail at something isn’t the logical next step to fix it?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Baseman said:

I'd rather have the 20 bucks tbh.

But to be seriuz for a sec, I have thought about the Edge coach thing, but coaching OLBs is Kawasaki's job, aside from being DC. How would you sell him on having a new OLB coach? Just have him focus on being OC? Make him a "front 7" coach?
    assistant HC?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Disagree.

If Pete can't see our staff is tilted more towards "coaching"
    skills rather than "recruiting" skills then we are fucked and will
    always be a step below the big boys. Up to him to recognize it
    and sort it out.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Disagree.

Recruiting isn't the only aspect of coaching it is a more complicated calculation than you are portraying. As many posters have pointed out Quietcowskee is a God at DC. Doesn't mean CP doesn't want more elite players if he isn't willing to can him to get them.

And CP has made staff changes in the past that specifically addressed recruiting. Let's see what our staff looks like for next year.
    Yes, many posters like me. Earlier on this thread I asked if McClain knew he was pictured with the best DC in the western United States. I wouldn’t trade Kawasaki for anyone, but if we keep him we need people (asst coahes) that can teach the technical aspects of the game AND recruit like rockstars.
    No shit!
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

Passion said:

Passion said:

Disagree.

Recruiting isn't the only aspect of coaching it is a more complicated calculation than you are portraying. As many posters have pointed out Quietcowskee is a God at DC. Doesn't mean CP doesn't want more elite players if he isn't willing to can him to get them.

And CP has made staff changes in the past that specifically addressed recruiting. Let's see what our staff looks like for next year.
    This.

Pete 86'd Strausser when he had to, and he did the same with Pease.

Malloe absolutely has to fucking LEAVE!1, and someone has to come in and recruit for Kawasaki. I think Pete will do what needs to be done.
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    guntlove said:

Pete 86'd Strausser when he had to, and he did the same with Pease.

Malloe absolutely has to fucking LEAVE!1, and someone has to come in and recruit for Kawasaki. I think Pete will do what needs to be done.

Malloe is better than Strausser at recruiting. That fuck was pulling in two stars or in state coming here no matter what freebies that fell into his boat.

No one is arguing malloe is slipping at the coaching part (Vea, Gaines progression). His recruiting was not elite (Togai) but is enough to keep our hat on the table. He is a 7 or 8.

Basically, his recruiting role should be to set up the accounts for the closer. Do the yeomans work of building relationships for years and mumbling in pidgin or whatever. Then have a perfect 10 Tosh type or two to close the damn thing when its go time.

Does anyone think we lose Togai if we still have Tosh on the staff as recruiting coordinator in home closing with Malloe and Pete?

The ONLY consideration for coach ten should be recruiting prowess.