Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I will never understand the media's love of all things Sark...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,671
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Although to be fair the first one wasn't even really a hail Mary technically. It should have been, but two guys just ran free in the end zone and Danny fucking Sullivan just chucked it 50 yards.

So as always sark is right.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sources said:

The dude lost to my team twice on hail Marys. How is that fucking possible?!

His ability to blow leads and lose is mind boggling

Lol and now to the falcons. I'm 100 percent positive that the blew it Sunday because they had started talks with him.

But you didn't see how ANGRY Nick Holt was.
    Oh yes. Yes I did.

I think we all did. And it was glorious.

You don't see snorting like that every day.
  • Options

The answer to the question is that Sark is the guy that calls on the reporter by name, looks like he really cares about the question, then gives a sincere bullshit answer. He is also available for back ground off the record stuff.

These days covering college football out west you are Kim or Art Thiel losing big at life knowing everyone hates you. Sark is the port in your storm

You would crack up at the ASU scout editor versus kim.

A guy that had signed his mid year papers 3 days before the mid year enrollment day and been "silent committed" for a month Chris karpman gave an 85% commitment chance. Hilarious.
    Never gets our hopes up.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,420
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sark is a professional salesman. He pulled a number on Woody, Emmert, and Haden... he even had Saban going there for awhile. Fooling the media/public that he is a great coach is 2nd nature to him. House money.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,173
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Petros was great with Softy yesterday. Gave it to Sark, Kiffen, Carroll and Yogi Roth. That guy belongs on here.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,267
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Petros was great with Softy yesterday. Gave it to Sark, Kiffen, Carroll and Yogi Roth. That guy belongs on here.

I used to hate Petros but started to like him when he was on the halftime show during an Apple Cup in Sark's 4th or 5th year. Petros was one of the first, if not thee first, media person to call out Sark for doing a shitty job.

Massive man love for Petros. As far as fat, unattractive Greek men go, he's a catch.

Funny as fuck though.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I used to hate Petros but started to like him when he was on the halftime show during an Apple Cup in Sark's 4th or 5th year. Petros was one of the first, if not thee first, media person to call out Sark for doing a shitty job.

I've always been pro Petros, but I became extremely pro Petros during the Sark era. It had to have been Sark's fourth season at the latest, I was thinking it was season 3 quite honestly.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't get the sark love either until you remember that reporters don't really care about wins & losses.

What they care about is access & being invited out for drinks & being one of the boys (hi, Kim!).

Most coaches are boring, dumb, assholes, & generally weird dudes you probably wouldn't want to spend time with.

Sark certainly knew how to party and network, and once reporters decided they liked him, everything flows from there.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    doogville said:

I didn't get the sark love either until you remember that reporters don't really care about wins & losses.

What they care about is access & being invited out for drinks & being one of the boys (hi, Kim!).

Most coaches are boring, dumb, assholes, & generally weird dudes you probably wouldn't want to spend time with.

Sark certainly knew how to party and network, and once reporters decided they liked him, everything flows from there.

bingo
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,407
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petros and Money is a pretty decent show