Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

James Harden or Curry?

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
A lot changes in a year. I might roll with Harden.

Not a slight to Curry, but he had such a monster season last year he was considered the best player in the NBA. LeBron obviously shattered that.

Still a bonafied superstar, just an interesting debate that would have been an easy answer last year.

The NBA has a lot of great players right now. There seems to be more than usual.

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just a reminder, OKC had Westbrook, Harden and Durant on the same team.

I'll take Harden. Curry's a little bitch.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

But how is Scott Brooks the worst coach in NBA history?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Wizards like him
  • Options

The Wizards like him
    Making my point for me.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I still think curry has as short career in terms of dominance. I don't think his body can withstand season after season getting beat up. I'd still take curry if it was one season based on his ability to include a team and still be good. Harden demands the ball so much that in the playoffs I think his team could be shut down much easier.
  • Options
    Harden is averaging 11 assists. More than that ball hog Steph Curry ever will.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @RoadDawg55

What's the arguments for/against each of them? To me, they are difficult to compare because so much of it to me is based on what they have surrounding them and what they are asked to do. Harden is probably the perfect fit for what Houston wants to do ... he's clearly in a position where he is able to maximize his impact on the game. Curry is in a different position where what he's asked to do isn't comparable. They both have their strengths and flaws.
  • Options
    The correct answer is Westbrook
  • Options
    The Warriors will be fine ... they are still in the process of figuring things out and trying this or that. When motivated, they are still by far the most dangerous team in the NBA.

The idea that Draymond is going to implode the team is something that I think is a popular opinion but I'm just not sure about it. I can see where people think that he's a grading personality and whatnot but he's really the glue that holds the team together. I've heard people claim that he's "fake tough" ... I'm not sure I would want to piss him off ... he's a bit of a throw back to me.

As for the stuff that went down this weekend between Draymond and Durant, I would be shocked if it was a long term issue. I doubt Durant's had anybody get in his face over the years outside of Westbrook and when he did it he basically told him to fuck off. In the situation that Durant's in now, he doesn't hold the "I've done it better than you " card that he has held in the past. From time to time everybody needs someone to jump on their ass and call them out when they aren't into it or whatnot even if that means getting somebody's anger directed at you. Personally, I think Durant plays a lot better when he has a mission and something to prove to people. Draymond likely saw that Durant was flat, pushed some buttons, and is likely working to figure out what buttons to and not to push in the future in similar circumstances. It's part of learning to work with teammates.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The Warriors will be fine ... they are still in the process of figuring things out and trying this or that. When motivated, they are still by far the most dangerous team in the NBA.

The idea that Draymond is going to implode the team is something that I think is a popular opinion but I'm just not sure about it. I can see where people think that he's a grading personality and whatnot but he's really the glue that holds the team together. I've heard people claim that he's "fake tough" ... I'm not sure I would want to piss him off ... he's a bit of a throw back to me.

As for the stuff that went down this weekend between Draymond and Durant, I would be shocked if it was a long term issue. I doubt Durant's had anybody get in his face over the years outside of Westbrook and when he did it he basically told him to fuck off. In the situation that Durant's in now, he doesn't hold the "I've done it better than you " card that he has held in the past. From time to time everybody needs someone to jump on their ass and call them out when they aren't into it or whatnot even if that means getting somebody's anger directed at you. Personally, I think Durant plays a lot better when he has a mission and something to prove to people. Draymond likely saw that Durant was flat, pushed some buttons, and is likely working to figure out what buttons to and not to push in the future in similar circumstances. It's part of learning to work with teammates.

I remember this post when the Cavs had crawled back to 3-3
  • Options
    As I said at the time, congrats to Cleveland for coming back from 3-1 down. Green suspended for Game 5 and then Bogut's injury swung the series. I still firmly believe that if you play that series 10 times Golden State probably wins it 7 or 8 out of those 10 times.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The Warriors are the favorites. I don't think they will lose, I just want them too because it would be entertaining.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Larry Bird.

lulz
  • Options

Kawhi Leonard

I still don't trust Kawhi to get buckets down the stretch of playoff games.
  • Options
    When the Spurs need a basket are they going to Kawhi or Pau?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    Tequilla said:

Pau will be lucky to be in the game during crunch time. They still have Aldridge and Parker.

Leonard is the guy.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Pau will be lucky to be in the game during crunch time. They still have Aldridge and Parker.

Leonard is the guy.
    Aldridge in crunch time?

CHRIST