Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

how to buy a cabinet position

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

and 9 million to trump himself.

But, if having a bunch of corrupt imbeciles (especially her) running our country is what we people want, so be it.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Blame yo' own damned selves. Someone bought all that soap from Amway.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2017
    Not saying these dudes can't be bought, but that's fairly small potatoes. Pretty sure it would cost more than 90 gs at the highest rate to buy a vote. She's a GOP nominee to begin with, the more surprising thing would be if they voted against her.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    dnc said:

Not saying these dudes can't be bought, but that's fairly small potatoes. Pretty sure it would cost more than 90 gs at the highest rate to buy a vote. She's a GOP nominee to begin with, the more surprising thing would be if they voted against her.

BS.
    She has no experience at all in public ed. She made is clear in her hearing that she knows absolutely nothing. she has been open in the past about her support of voucher money funding religious schools (blatantly unconstitutional). Furthermore her charter schools in Michigan didn't even perform well
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/betsy-devos-michigan-school-experiment-232399

This is called buying a seat. There is no other reason for her to be there. None
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2017
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

BS.
    She has no experience at all in public ed. She made is clear in her hearing that she knows absolutely nothing. Furthermore her charter schools in Michigan didn't even perform well.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/betsy-devos-michigan-school-experiment-232399

This is called buying a seat. There is no other reason for her to be there. None
    BS. They put her in because they want school choice, and they're supporting their guy. I understand people are pissed about the selection, but you've got more GOP senators who approved her who her family hasn't given money to than the ones they have. It's not like the Devos family ever thought a president was going to appoint her anyway, I'm sure they're as surprised as anyone. Unless all those checks cleared in the last two months I'm not buying it.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited February 2017
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

BS.
    She has no experience at all in public ed. She made is clear in her hearing that she knows absolutely nothing. Furthermore her charter schools in Michigan didn't even perform well.

BS. They put her in because they want school choice, and they're supporting their guy. I understand people are pissed about the selection, but you've got more GOP senators who approved her who her family hasn't given money to than the ones they have. It's not like the Devos family ever thought a president was going to appoint her anyway, I'm sure they're as surprised as anyone. Unless all those checks cleared in the last two months I'm not buying it.
    Bingo, and more power to them. The public sewer school system is complete dreck, it needs to be blown up.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

BS.

fine. appoint someone who wants school choice who knows a damn thing.
    not even this major charter advocate is for this imbecile.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/02/politics/eli-broad-letter-betsy-devos/index.html
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I was told there would be no pay to play in the Trump administration
  • Options

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

BS.

Bingo, and more power to them. The public sewer school system is complete dreck, it needs to be blown up.
    She doesn't know what proficiency and growth mean. She doesn't know what the indivduals with disabilities in education act is and how it is applied. She thinks we need guns in school to protect from "grizzly bears"
    Her charter schools in Detroit have been a failure.
    but I get it, as long as someone agrees with your ideology who gives a fuck about their incompetence
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Winners wiin.

But, really who the fuck wants to be SecEd?

Shoulda paid to be ambassodor to someplace nice.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

BS.

She doesn't know what proficiency and growth mean. She doesn't know what the indivduals with disabilities in education act is and how it is applied. She thinks we need guns in school to protect from "grizzly bears"
    but I get it, as long as someone agrees with your ideology who gives a fuck about their incompetence
    The teacher's union is amongst her most vocal haters. That's a good sign in her favor. And fuck Stuart Smalley. He's a douchecanoe's douchecanoe. She does not need to be a policy wonk to do this job, in fact that would be a hinderance in this case as the current system is so fucked up. She does need to be an effective executive, and it's fair to question whether or not she is up to that task.

She needs to do two things. Let states and localities make their own decisions regarding policy and metrics that best suit their populations, and open the whole system up to more choice, competition and accountability.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

BS.

The teacher's union is amongst her most vocal haters. That's a good sign in her favor. And fuck Stuart Smalley. He's a douchecanoe's douchecanoe. She does not need to be a policy wonk to do this job, in fact that would be a hinderance in this case as the current system is so fucked up. She does need to be an effective executive, and it's fair to question whether or not she is up to that task.

She needs to do two things. Let states and localities make their own decisions regarding policy and metrics that best suit their populations, and open the whole system up to more choice, competition and accountability.
    If the teachers union is upset, that's half the battle.

Hopefully the fuckwad administrators are upset too.

They are just as fucked.

• Options
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

BS.

If the teachers union is upset, that's half the battle.

Hopefully the fuckwad administrators are upset too.

They are just as fucked.

Agree.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    But George Soros.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

But George Soros.

He needed to sell more soap.
  • Options
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

But George Soros.

He needed to sell more soap.
    Or buy both teams
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2017

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

BS.

It doesnt need to be blown up, you just need to pay teachers real salaries so its a viable career for talented and intelligent people. It can be an insanely demanding job.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So we need to spend more money and have more fed control

Who knew?

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

BS.

It doesnt need to be blown up, you just need to pay teachers real salaries so its a viable career for talented and intelligent people. It can be an insanely demanding job.
    The money per student keeps increasing.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

So we need to spend more money and have more fed control

Who knew?

Who said that?

What I thought we needed was people who actually know something about the department rhey head.
    Edit: nevermind I missed wilbur's post. Carry on