Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Devin Asiasi? Do we have any shot at this guy?

Comments

• Options
    NewsnitchNewsnitch Member Posts: 7
    5 Awesomes First Comment
    If he leaves it's only going to be to one of the LA schools. 0% shot.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Maybe I am being a fucking doog, but I like HB tape better than this guy

They're pretty different players. Asiasi is more of a White TE. I would say the template for DA is much more similar to Cam Cleeland and the template for Hunter is much more close to Aaron Pierce or Rod Jones.
    Both on the field st the same time would be dangerous
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2017
    What has this kid done, anything except beat up on weak high schoolers and look to transfer?

He's sad he didn't head to UCLA with his boy Boss outta the gates.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    DawgFader said:

What has this kid done, anything except beat up on weak high schoolers and look to transfer?

He's sad he didn't head to UCLA with his boy Boss outta the gates.

He played this past year and looked pretty good.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    He's a young stud with a high ceiling, that's why he's at UM. Him coming to UW at this point would be a bigger coup than Michigan stealing him away from the Cali schools in the first place.

Bottom line. His season totals were 2 receptions for 18 yards and a TD against PSU on a checkdown play. He averaged 1.4 receiving yards per game and was the second tightend in 2 tightend sets early on. He was stuck playing behind Butt all season as expected.

He could end up being really good so fuck him, unless he choose UW and then it's hot damn!!!!

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DawgFader said:

He's a young stud with a high ceiling, that's why he's at UM. Him coming to UW at this point would be a bigger coup than Michigan stealing him away from the Cali schools in the first place.

Bottom line. His season totals were 2 receptions for 18 yards and a TD against PSU on a checkdown play. He averaged 1.4 receiving yards per game and was the second tightend in 2 tightend sets early on. He was stuck playing behind Butt all season as expected.

He could end up being really good so fuck him, unless he choose UW and then it's hot damn!!!!

Hes a true freshman mainly there to block playing on a shitty offense. He's listed at 287 pounds. Guys 287 pounds aren't going to catch many passes.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

DawgFader said:

Hes a true freshman mainly there to block playing on a shitty offense. He's listed at 287 pounds. Guys 287 pounds aren't going to catch many passes.
    I'm sure that's why he had a billion offers and was the #1 guy on our bored at one point last year.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Why are we even talking about this. We have like 7 TE on the roster, how many do we need?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

He's transferring because of family issues apparently. Probably going to go somewhere in CA... I'd predict UCLA or Cal.

I have one word, to describe anyone that goes to Cal or Cal LA! S. A. W. F. T. SAWFT!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Why are we even talking about this. We have like 7 TE on the roster, how many do we need?

...because hypotheticals are fun, he would improve the talent level and he would probably be the #1 (or #2) TE on the team.
  • Options
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

USC

I think they might not have the scholarship space. If they did then they would've gone after Breiden Fehoko like half the country is, but they aren't.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

USC

I think they might not have the scholarship space. If they did then they would've gone after Breiden Fehoko like half the country is, but they aren't.
    They just signed 3 DT.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370

yeah but how many of them are white? Cause they don't count.
  • Options

yeah but how many of them are white? Cause they don't count.
    We have 3 black TE and 4 white TE. I would categorize one of the black TE as a white TE. Overall I feel we have good balance. Sample and Disly have pretty good hands.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

DawgFader said:

I'm sure that's why he had a billion offers and was the #1 guy on our bored at one point last year.
    I wasn't saying it as a bad thing. He's probably a stud. He just isn't going to be a huge receiving threat at 287.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

USC

They just signed 3 DT.
    You say that like you actually consider Brandon Pili to be a viable option at DT before his 4th year in the program.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

USC

They just signed 3 DT.
    You say that like you actually consider Brandon Pili to be a viable option at DT before his 4th year in the program.
    How do you know he won't be? I didn't love Pili, but I thought he looked decent. He had good schools after him.

Recruiting isn't an exact science. Some guys get a lot better. It's not impossible that Pili won't be a run stuffing nose by his 2nd or 3rd year.