Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let Me Put it this way

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
edited February 2017 in College Football Forum
someone should be at least a little concerned with potential down in Eugene, unless you all really want to hold on to the "temporary" script nonsense you've had with Oregon going on, what, 16 years?

Consider: Oregon is coming off a horrific season, and his first, what, 3 wks on the job, his S&C coach was suspended and his co-OC was dismissed on a Deewee.

Not the most auspicious of beginnings, although a deewee in the Uge should be a complete non-event.

Despite all this, and the fact that he comes off like the Dallas Carter coach in Friday Night Lights, he pulled in a pretty nice class @ 17. You have to wonder what he might do when he gets comfortable.

For one thing, this is the first guy in the Pac I can remember since Pete who really knows how to hit Florida recruiting trails. I hope like fuck he fails for the sake of my Canes, but a pipeline from So Fla to Eugene should make you faggots shit your pants. You know CP can't recruit down there. None of those kids knows who the fuck he is, and when you say "Boise" they stop listening.

Then you know you're doing something right when they talk shit about you after you leave. This little gem doesn't bode well:
http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-prep-coach-slams-Willie-Taggarts-recruiting-tactics-51054694

If you're not concerned, you should be. Let the dooging begin.

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I have it on good authority, he's got two srikes on him and needs to win quickly and stop Regret dead in its tracks, or else.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    doogie said:

I have it on good authority, he's got two srikes on him and needs to win quickly and stop Regret dead in its tracks, or else.

by "good authority", do you mean the thoughts that come spilling in while you're asleep with your hand in your pants?

Jesus, you guys are like clock work.

Oregon lost last season and has a booster base with high expectations. I think winning falls into the "duh" category. And unlike the crowd in Seattle, the Oregon crowd has recent experience informing them that you don't need 5 years to win.

Helf was fired after only one truly bad season, though he was trending down.

But if you're trying to tell me that a guy who can connect Oregon to the fertile recruiting grounds of Florida is on the hot seat because of a S&C's exuberance and a quickly-dismissed co-coordinator ... I ain't buyin' it. Oregon's culture has more flex in it than that. Like Washington, this isn't the Ivy League.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,028
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

doogie said:

by "good authority", do you mean the thoughts that come spilling in while you're asleep with your hand in your pants?

Oregon lost last season and has a booster base with high expectations. I think winning falls into the "duh" category. And unlike the crowd in Seattle, the Oregon crowd has recent experience informing them that you don't need 5 years to win.

But if you're trying to tell me that a guy who can connect Oregon to the fertile recruiting grounds of Florida is on the hot seat because of a S&C's exuberance and a quickly-dismissed co-coordinator ... I ain't buyin' it. Oregon's culture has more flex in it than that. Like Washington, this isn't the Ivy League.
    so he gives a kickass presser and can recruit but may be shitty at running a program.

i feel like ive seen this somewhere before...
  • Options
    edited February 2017

doogie said:

so he gives a kickass presser and can recruit but may be shitty at running a program.

i feel like ive seen this somewhere before...
    so have I, though hopefully you're referring to dude brah, who wasn't quite the recruiter everyone thought he was.

I don't care about the pressers .... means jack shyt to me, though the doogs, especially Kim, seems to like to man crush on the HC. not my style so whatever.

but i will always take a guy who can bring in the horses. that's half the fucking battle. of course you need other shit to fall your way, but recruiting is a pillar. you don't always need all of them either. Butch Davis could recruit like a mother fucker, ran a very solid program, but lacked a little game-day savy. I'd take Miami where he left off in 2000 every day of the week.

Like I said, I'd be a little concerned that the there is at least a good chance that the Ducks didn't fuck this up, which of course is what the doogs hope for more than anything. Look how long it took UW to get it right ... Oregon may have learned a little faster. Time will tell.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Charlie, I couldn't win in Austin, Charlie?

Willie and the gang will recruit like crazy, but the question will be, can they coach them? If not he is Black Sark. If they can match the coaching to recruiting it will be fun to watch.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Charlie, I couldn't win in Austin, Charlie?

Willie and the gang will recruit like crazy, but the question will be, can they coach them? If not he is Black Sark. If they can match the coaching to recruiting it will be fun to watch.

well they have Cristobal, who by definition can do anything given where he played in college.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

someone should be at least a little concerned with potential down in Eugene, unless you all really want to hold on to the "temporary" script nonsense you've had with Oregon going on, what, 16 years?

Consider: Oregon is coming off a horrific season, and his first, what, 3 wks on the job, his S&C coach was suspended and his co-OC was dismissed on a Deewee.

Not the most auspicious of beginnings, although a deewee in the Uge should be a complete non-event.

Despite all this, and the fact that he comes off like the Dallas Carter coach in Friday Night Lights, he pulled in a pretty nice class @ 17. You have to wonder what he might do when he gets comfortable.

For one thing, this is the first guy in the Pac I can remember since Pete who really knows how to hit Florida recruiting trails. I hope like fuck he fails for the sake of my Canes, but a pipeline from So Fla to Eugene should make you faggots shit your pants. You know CP can't recruit down there. None of those kids knows who the fuck he is, and when you say "Boise" they stop listening.

Then you know you're doing something right when they talk shit about you after you leave. This little gem doesn't bode well:
    http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-prep-coach-slams-Willie-Taggarts-recruiting-tactics-51054694

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Black Harbaugh doesn't worry me.
  • Options
    AlCzervik said:

it should. because white harbaugh fucked your progrum with his neighbor's cock and then told his team to quit celebrating it because beating Washington was the expectation.

Urban can talk tuff about Harbaugh. Washington fans can only think about it.
  • Options

nerve struck.

don't worry too much. I think you'll get a two-game winning streak out of it before the tide starts to turn.

I think.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

AlCzervik said:

it should. because white harbaugh fucked your progrum with his neighbor's cock and then told his team to quit celebrating it because beating Washington was the expectation.

Urban can talk tuff about Harbaugh. Washington fans can only think about it.
    Gamday Champions?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    A good class is one thing. Taggart hasn't been a great coach for any sustained time in his career.

Me not worried. Oregon is still gearing up for 2020 being special.
  • Options

A good class is one thing. Taggart hasn't been a great coach for any sustained time in his career.

to borrow from Giantdummy, "if that's the narrative you want to go with," ... then go with it.

I'm just saying the guy pulled in a good class despite that (1) he showed up five minutes ago, (2) his platform was a dumpster fire last season, and (3) there was shit to deal with right off the bat.

Everyone, well, everyone who isn't FS, knows how important coaching is. But you need talent to win. Jury's out on whether he can coach.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

to borrow from Giantdummy, "if that's the narrative you want to go with," ... then go with it.

I'm just saying the guy pulled in a good class despite that (1) he showed up five minutes ago, (2) his platform was a dumpster fire last season, and (3) there was shit to deal with right off the bat.

Everyone, well, everyone who isn't FS, knows how important coaching is. But you need talent to win. Jury's out on whether he can coach.
    Rich Rod part 2. Got it.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,998
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Willie has to go 9-4 this year just to get to lousy/mediocre/average (.500) as a head coach.

I'll stick with the coach who can't recruit in the P12 but can coach the shit outta a two star.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Taggart

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Creepy pressing every post
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    doogie said:

Creepy pressing is dialed in on every post

The rise of Washington is an anomaly that will be corrected.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    doogie said:

Creepy pressing every post

@doogie hates facts
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

I'm just saying the guy pulled in a good class
    Dude. He mostly poached dudes from South Florida (whatever the fuck that is) and Arizona that nobody else in the Pac-12 wanted. Many signs point to him being over his head. He has no history of sustained coaching success.

Thus, shit thread. I'll give you a pass for now on "shit poaster" based on past performance but this extreme pressing will not stand. Man.