Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Riot at CAL

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just like with uw. The anarchists out in full force.

People conflate these assholes with liberals. In reality liberals are their enemy
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2017
    For me...on a basic level it's about supporting our constitution rights and seeing to it that our personal and econmic liberties /freedoms remain intact and continue to develop in a democratic way.

The country has values like(individualism, equality, progress and change, work and leasure, competition, mobility, diversity and volunteerism to name several.

Firing up the base and tearing at those values doesn't make sense. In doing so we are loosing freedoms and flexibility.

Insighting looses its insightfulness when the message isn't balanced.

All of the recent executive orders have been layed down to pave the way for drastic change. 1600's been tossing ideas against the wall and seeing what sticks some ideas do, some don't.

It's like turning in a paper my mom wrote for me the night before it was due on a book she never read and I didn't either. Everyone who has a clue knows it's not a best effort and we should demand that.

Intel, joint chiefs, watch dogs, free trade, destructive creativity, intelligence, visa are part of good decision making. Eliminating them or putting them on hold is short sighted. Over half the country is up on arms for a reason.

There is a general lack of desire in communicating our differences. As if one adult doesn't care to or can't understand what the other is saying. Which is a sad truth.

Watch all the conservative money dry up and be pushed in a new direction if center can't be found and met, soon.

Bannon and Trump have won the early rounds of the "fight" but will end up loosing the war because ideas like walls and trade wars don't benefit the people who put them in power.

CREAM

Wu-Tang bitches

We should be able to have a thread about it that stays on target. Have a developed dialog and have great understanding at the end. That why I'm here 81% of the time.

And what exactly do you think his point of view and message is? Do i know more about him than you?
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    edited February 2017

DawgFader said:

BearsWiin said:

There's a group of "professional rioters" who showed up at the peaceful rally last night and turned it into a shitty riot. If you recall a few years back, there were Occupy marches all over the country. One of the few places that the marches turned violent was in Oakland, because these guys showed up and ruined things. Not sure if they're true anarchists or just want to make legitimate protests look bad. Same thing with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Edit: Looks like it was BAMN that showed up and ruined things. Nice to see that Trump reads Fox headlines, as he's tweeting about cutting funding to UC even though it was the University that upheld his invitation to speak (UCLA rescinded their invitation and UCDavis cancelled his speech there because of fears of violence).

The guy whose appearance they were protesting is a shit, gratuitously provocative and brings nothing to the national conversation. But he's got a right to be heard, just as they have the right to protest his "message," whatever the hell it is.

Back when I was an undergrad Meir Kahane came to speak at Cal, and there were similar protests. Security was tight because of death threats against him, and there were some pretty vehement protests outside, but his presentation went off without a hitch (I attended). Kahane was assassinated in New York a year or two later.

Milo is gratuitously provocative, but he does bring a lot to the table beneath the bluster. And they did cancel the event.
    Please elaborate, what exactly does he bring to the table?

A different viewpoint

I know it's scary
    The Chronic is in my top 5.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

People conflate these assholes with liberals. In reality liberals are their enemy

You're right, there's nothing liberal about them, but to say people conflate these assholes with liberals is a bit misleading. That crowd co-opted the term long ago.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2017
    A lot of these liberals preach tolerence but can't sit next to someone on an airplane with different ideas of how our? country should be run.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    dhdawg said:

Well, they certainly should be, given that liberals are supposed to be all about tolerating dissenting and opposing points of view. Too bad liberals are as bad at articulating what they stand for as they are nominating Presidential candidates.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    DawgFader said:

For me...on a basic level it's about supporting our constitution rights and seeing to it that our personal and econmic liberties /freedoms remain intact and continue to develop in a democratic way.

The country has values like(individualism, equality, progress and change, work and leasure, competition, mobility, diversity and volunteerism to name several.

Firing up the base and tearing at those values doesn't make sense. In doing so we are loosing freedoms and flexibility.

Insighting looses its insightfulness when the message isn't balanced.

All of the recent executive orders have been layed down to pave the way for drastic change. 1600's been tossing ideas against the wall and seeing what sticks some ideas do, some don't.

It's like turning in a paper my mom wrote for me the night before it was due on a book she never read and I didn't either. Everyone who has a clue knows it's not a best effort and we should demand that.

Intel, joint chiefs, watch dogs, free trade, destructive creativity, intelligence, visa are part of good decision making. Eliminating them or putting them on hold is short sighted. Over half the country is up on arms for a reason.

There is a general lack of desire in communicating our differences. As if one adult doesn't care to or can't understand what the other is saying. Which is a sad truth.

Watch all the conservative money dry up and be pushed in a new direction if center can't be found and met, soon.

Bannon and Trump have won the early rounds of the "fight" but will end up loosing the war because ideas like walls and trade wars don't benefit the people who put them in power.

CREAM

Wu-Tang bitches

We should be able to have a thread about it that stays on target. Have a developed dialog and have great understanding at the end. That why I'm here 81% of the time.

And what exactly do you think his point of view and message is? Do i know more about him than you?

Thanks Tequila.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited February 2017

dhdawg said:

Well, they certainly should be, given that liberals are supposed to be all about tolerating dissenting and opposing points of view. Too bad liberals are as bad at articulating what they stand for as they are nominating Presidential candidates.
    I know a couple. not close friends at all, but I'm well aware that they aren't fond of my political views at all lol
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

DawgFader said:

DawgFader said:

BearsWiin said:

There's a group of "professional rioters" who showed up at the peaceful rally last night and turned it into a shitty riot. If you recall a few years back, there were Occupy marches all over the country. One of the few places that the marches turned violent was in Oakland, because these guys showed up and ruined things. Not sure if they're true anarchists or just want to make legitimate protests look bad. Same thing with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Edit: Looks like it was BAMN that showed up and ruined things. Nice to see that Trump reads Fox headlines, as he's tweeting about cutting funding to UC even though it was the University that upheld his invitation to speak (UCLA rescinded their invitation and UCDavis cancelled his speech there because of fears of violence).

The guy whose appearance they were protesting is a shit, gratuitously provocative and brings nothing to the national conversation. But he's got a right to be heard, just as they have the right to protest his "message," whatever the hell it is.

Back when I was an undergrad Meir Kahane came to speak at Cal, and there were similar protests. Security was tight because of death threats against him, and there were some pretty vehement protests outside, but his presentation went off without a hitch (I attended). Kahane was assassinated in New York a year or two later.

Milo is gratuitously provocative, but he does bring a lot to the table beneath the bluster. And they did cancel the event.

A different viewpoint

I know it's scary
    Who's scared, I just asked for the original stament to be supported. Isn't this is an opportunity to have a discussion? It's a forum right?

I've never heard of him until last night

But it is obvious he brings a different viewpoint

Discussion as in riot

DawgFader said:

BearsWiin said:

He is the eloquent and young voice of the alt-right and other general racists. Big believer that race and culture impossible to separate. Uses words with more than two syllables so he's become the defacto spokesman for uneducated racists.

He normalizes racist beliefs, doing great work for alt-right dawgs.

You obviously have no idea what the fuck you are talking about
    Hitting close to home?

Read his articles. Christ, it's not a hidden message.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

DawgFader said:

DawgFader said:

BearsWiin said:

A different viewpoint

I know it's scary
    Who's scared, I just asked for the original stament to be supported. Isn't this is an opportunity to have a discussion? It's a forum right?

I've never heard of him until last night

But it is obvious he brings a different viewpoint

Discussion as in riot

DawgFader said:

BearsWiin said:

He is the eloquent and young voice of the alt-right and other general racists. Big believer that race and culture impossible to separate. Uses words with more than two syllables so he's become the defacto spokesman for uneducated racists.

He normalizes racist beliefs, doing great work for alt-right dawgs.

You obviously have no idea what the fuck you are talking about
    Hitting close to home?

Read his articles. Christ, it's not a hidden message.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/
    That article is like 10 Tequilla posts put together, fuck off if you think im reading that.

From the first paragraph, "Some — mostly Establishment types — insist it’s little more than a vehicle for the worst dregs of human society: anti-Semites, white supremacists, and other members of the Stormfront set. They’re wrong."

So right off the bat he is saying his ideology is not racist. The burden of proof is on you to show us he is a racist....
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

BearsWiin said:

There's a group of "professional rioters" who showed up at the peaceful rally last night and turned it into a shitty riot. .....

The guy whose appearance they were protesting is a shit, gratuitously provocative and brings nothing to the national conversation. .......

Agree on the professional protesters but disagree on Milo. He does use shock as a tool at times, but the guy is not the evil being the left paint him to be, in fact he often delivers messages that should be agreeable to all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywmd8kR-AmI&feature=youtu.be
    Dude got banned from Twitter for spewing racist crap. You have to actively try hard to accomplish that feat.
    No he didn't. He got banned because twitter is a progressive liberal hellhole. They have no problem with ISIS and pedophiles, but mock a black woman and goodbye
    Your very worst effort.
    Why don't you attempt to explain why?
    Twitter allows Trump
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

BearsWiin said:

There's a group of "professional rioters" who showed up at the peaceful rally last night and turned it into a shitty riot. .....

The guy whose appearance they were protesting is a shit, gratuitously provocative and brings nothing to the national conversation. .......

Agree on the professional protesters but disagree on Milo. He does use shock as a tool at times, but the guy is not the evil being the left paint him to be, in fact he often delivers messages that should be agreeable to all.

Dude got banned from Twitter for spewing racist crap. You have to actively try hard to accomplish that feat.
    No he didn't. He got banned because twitter is a progressive liberal hellhole. They have no problem with ISIS and pedophiles, but mock a black woman and goodbye
    Your very worst effort.
    Twitter allows Trump
    The true and rightful Annoyer of All.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Milo is an internet troll enjoying a short fling with celebrity.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    AlCzervik said:

Milo is an internet troll enjoying a short fling with celebrity.

And the idiot protesters keep feeding him
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

BearsWiin said:

Your very worst effort.
    Twitter allows Trump
    Trump is the POTUS
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    Dude61 said:

1964: Berkeley Students march to demand free speech.

2017: Berkeley students riot to demand free speech be denied.

Except, of course, that it wasn't students who were rioting. The students were protesting. BAMN was rioting.

He's free to say what he likes. Others are free to call him for the crap he spews. Free marketplace of ideas, and all that. The students didn't ask BAMN to show up and ruin a peaceful and respectable protest. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.