Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Riot at CAL

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It wasn't students.

From what I've read it was either a bunch of anarchy communists who showed up to cause havoc or a bunch of false flaggers
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

1964: Berkeley Students march to demand free speech.

2017: Berkeley students riot to demand free speech be denied.

So what books are these fascists burning? Looks like a Nazi bonfire. Trump is absolutely correct in attacking universities. They have become so leftist and politically correct that free speech is literally dying. And people pay upwards of 100K to attend these shithole totalitarian dreckfests, only to emerge qualified to get a job at McDonald's or BK? Safe spaces, micro-aggressions. The entire university establishments need to be purged until universities once again become what they are supposed to be -- places where people can freely discuss opposing ideas without being shut down by self righteous liberalfascist cunts. These snowflakes as people call them, these little shits who can't tolerate getting their feelings hurt by ideas they don't agree with, are being trained in the art of fascism. The universities are churning out a generation of future despots.
    Yes why educate people with universities. We need to keep people dumb with alternative facts.
    You missed the gist of my poont fucktard. Ban safe spaces. Expel educators that don't tolerate free speech. Purge the entire leadership of universities that punish professors for saying things that offend pussies. UO is a prime example. The place should be burned the ground.
    You sound like Milo.
    I don't even know who he is, but a university should be tuff enough to hear any viewpoint, left or right, no matter how extreme, without protesting like a bunch of faggots and canceling their guest's appearance.
    The points you made in bitching slapping Hondo are precisely the points Milo uses provocation to drive home. As an added bonus he leaves in his wake a bevy of leftist snowflakes spinning out of control. And by the way, you nailed it. Cheers.
    I support Milo.
    edited February 2017
    DawgFader said:

DawgFader said:

DawgFader said:

BearsWiin said:

There's a group of "professional rioters" who showed up at the peaceful rally last night and turned it into a shitty riot. If you recall a few years back, there were Occupy marches all over the country. One of the few places that the marches turned violent was in Oakland, because these guys showed up and ruined things. Not sure if they're true anarchists or just want to make legitimate protests look bad. Same thing with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Edit: Looks like it was BAMN that showed up and ruined things. Nice to see that Trump reads Fox headlines, as he's tweeting about cutting funding to UC even though it was the University that upheld his invitation to speak (UCLA rescinded their invitation and UCDavis cancelled his speech there because of fears of violence).

The guy whose appearance they were protesting is a shit, gratuitously provocative and brings nothing to the national conversation. But he's got a right to be heard, just as they have the right to protest his "message," whatever the hell it is.

Back when I was an undergrad Meir Kahane came to speak at Cal, and there were similar protests. Security was tight because of death threats against him, and there were some pretty vehement protests outside, but his presentation went off without a hitch (I attended). Kahane was assassinated in New York a year or two later.

Milo is gratuitously provocative, but he does bring a lot to the table beneath the bluster. And they did cancel the event.
    Please elaborate, what exactly does he bring to the table?

A different viewpoint

I know it's scary
    Who's scared, I just asked for the original stament to be supported. Isn't this is an opportunity to have a discussion? It's a forum right?

I've never heard of him until last night

But it is obvious he brings a different viewpoint

Discussion as in riot
    Who's rioting? The progressive left? Ha, not a fucking chance...they may insight just like the conservative right but are too pussy to throw rocks and beat people up.

The demonstrations give a platform for wanna be anarchists to smash shit usually windows and not have to take the blame. Remember WTO?

Real Anarchists have weapons, they don't break windows, they blow shit up. I'm guessing we'll see a few events around May day. Check back with me then and tell me if the difference between masked fist fighting window breakers and real anarchy isn't a bit more crystal ball clear.

Using words to unite versus incite to unite the far right is the challenge and what's lacking in his messaging. He's not militant by nature yet uses similar techniques and its platform which makes him a fake ass punk bitch.

I.E. lets go to Berkeley and name all the immigrants that the new executive order technically makes illegals, even though they have student visa and green cards, because they are dangerous, give me a fucking break. These are doctorate candidates in many cases who spent years of their lives being vetted before having a student visa processed and now their dreams are fucking destroyed because of an ill advised and not well though out order.

If you are buying what he's selling you are only reading half of the "potentially fake" news headlines.
    Wow You now rival Hondo for the drama queen of the Year. insert slow clap giff here.

Your May Day anarchist story is super scary. I will just lock my doors and keep the Kids locked in their Bedrooms on that day now.

But ultimately your story of dreams lost is just full of shit.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    DawgFader said:

DawgFader said:

DawgFader said:

BearsWiin said:

There's a group of "professional rioters" who showed up at the peaceful rally last night and turned it into a shitty riot. If you recall a few years back, there were Occupy marches all over the country. One of the few places that the marches turned violent was in Oakland, because these guys showed up and ruined things. Not sure if they're true anarchists or just want to make legitimate protests look bad. Same thing with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Edit: Looks like it was BAMN that showed up and ruined things. Nice to see that Trump reads Fox headlines, as he's tweeting about cutting funding to UC even though it was the University that upheld his invitation to speak (UCLA rescinded their invitation and UCDavis cancelled his speech there because of fears of violence).

The guy whose appearance they were protesting is a shit, gratuitously provocative and brings nothing to the national conversation. But he's got a right to be heard, just as they have the right to protest his "message," whatever the hell it is.

Back when I was an undergrad Meir Kahane came to speak at Cal, and there were similar protests. Security was tight because of death threats against him, and there were some pretty vehement protests outside, but his presentation went off without a hitch (I attended). Kahane was assassinated in New York a year or two later.

Milo is gratuitously provocative, but he does bring a lot to the table beneath the bluster. And they did cancel the event.

A different viewpoint

I know it's scary
    Who's scared, I just asked for the original stament to be supported. Isn't this is an opportunity to have a discussion? It's a forum right?

Discussion as in riot
    Who's rioting? The progressive left? Ha, not a fucking chance...they may insight just like the conservative right but are too pussy to throw rocks and beat people up.

The demonstrations give a platform for wanna be anarchists to smash shit usually windows and not have to take the blame. Remember WTO?

Real Anarchists have weapons, they don't break windows, they blow shit up. I'm guessing we'll see a few events around May day. Check back with me then and tell me if the difference between masked fist fighting window breakers and real anarchy isn't a bit more crystal ball clear.

Using words to unite versus incite to unite the far right is the challenge and what's lacking in his messaging. He's not militant by nature yet uses similar techniques and its platform which makes him a fake ass punk bitch.

I.E. lets go to Berkeley and name all the immigrants that the new executive order technically makes illegals, even though they have student visa and green cards, because they are dangerous, give me a fucking break. These are doctorate candidates in many cases who spent years of their lives being vetted before having a student visa processed and now their dreams are fucking destroyed because of an ill advised and not well though out order.

If you are buying what he's selling you are only reading half of the "potentially fake" news headlines.
    According to Hannity and the conservative media, it's "liberal agitators".
    2001400ex said:

DawgFader said:

DawgFader said:

DawgFader said:

BearsWiin said:

A different viewpoint

I know it's scary

Discussion as in riot

According to Hannity and the conservative media, it's "liberal agitators".
    Look!!! Hondo found some new balls to gag with!
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

It wasn't students.

From what I've read it was either a bunch of anarchy communists who showed up to cause havoc or a bunch of false flaggers

I loled at anarchy communists.
    dhdawg said:

It wasn't students.

Or maybe they were just there for the gang bang.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

It wasn't students.

*anarcho-communists.
    I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but that's what they fancy themselves
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He's a fag and talks funny.

Needs to DIAFF.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

He's a fag and talks funny.

Needs to DIAFF.

@ChéDawg? true????
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2017
    Dude61 said:

Yes, I am sure all the Berkeley students stood behind the police barricades and only complained their Starbucks double frappaccino wasn't made to perfection.

BTW it is not the President's job to fulfill some foreigners college dream.

Your absolutely right Berkely students are white rich kids or asains for the most part. They defiantly were not the problem.

...but on the other topic, what are you taking about. The documents were issued through a vetting process and approved in most cases over years. The purpose of the executive order is to protect the boarders.

If you or anyone out there is one of the unfortunate souls who gets cancer or a new stand of aids, just remember there's a chance the doctor who could have saved your life was just denied the right his or her visa / green card validated.

Welcome to being dead. 99.9999999999% of these students and immigrants are not the problem. They are part of the American solution. It's better to put the resources into the vetting. Than piss off the extremist and give them propaganda.

You might want to consider sticking to easier topics or find away to be part of the discourse that leads to a solution not the problem.

Just cause Trump signed a short sighted order doesn't mean we have to buy the bullshit.

Most make than nearly all of the local "massacres" even the ones made up this administration were perpetrated white American extremist.

A bunch of young white men that were dogged out or discount by girls. Had access to guns and the rest is history we all hope we are many degress separated from.

• DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    edited February 2017
    salemcoog said:

DawgFader said:

DawgFader said:

DawgFader said:

BearsWiin said:

A different viewpoint

I know it's scary

Discussion as in riot

Wow You now rival Hondo for the drama queen of the Year. insert slow clap giff here.

Your May Day anarchist story is super scary. I will just lock my doors and keep the Kids locked in their Bedrooms on that day now.

But ultimately your story of dreams lost is just full of shit.

Even to the center you sound like a foolish, uneducated ruralist. The point is the fun and games hasn't even begun. The left hasn't even galvanized and once your broke ass Eastern Washington freinds have less and the cost of everything goes up, which it will.

At that point, once it's far too late take a look at the disparity fact between status quo dems and even the most center republican presidencies.

Americans memory is short like I just ate a bunch of oxy's and can't remember eight minutes ago let alone eight years.

Your dream is about to get sold to a new version of a mortgage back security and pop in everyones face.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The Berkeley mess was not a protest. You get permits for protests. It is illegal to disrupt an event. Gas those little asshats, club 'em like fur seals and throw their asses in jail!

But hell it's Berkeley the city council probably paid the protesters to riot and burn their own town.
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,226
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When all you have left is violence, you have lost the argument.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Udub is around 33% Asian and Cal is around 43% Asian.
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Dude61 said:

Yes, I am sure all the Berkeley students stood behind the police barricades and only complained their Starbucks double frappaccino wasn't made to perfection.

You've been a member 38 months and this is only your 8th po@st ?

235 visits and 8 poasts ?

What, are you trying to convince others (and yourself) that you have some kind of meaningful life ?

Let me guess, you are discerning, and only poast when you can make a meaningful contribution...

WTF
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,226
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    Take notes, and bring something to the party next time.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

It wasn't students.

*anarcho-communists.
    I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but that's what they fancy themselves
    It doesn't sound like an oxymoron.

It is an oxymoron.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    tenndawg said:

Dude61 said:

What, are you trying to convince others (and yourself) that you have some kind of meaningful life ?

Let me guess, you are discerning, and only poast when you can make a meaningful contribution...

WTF
    At least he's confessed to blowing 61 dudes in his life.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    tenndawg said:

Dude61 said:

WTF
    What a difference a day makes. Somebody needs a reminder:

Let's be honest: This is the home and refuge of deplorable degenerates. Nobody herein is truly worthy of engaging. We do it because we hate ourselves, but we hate others a wee-bit more than ourselves, and that's what gets us through life, along with some vicarious football successes. If I had a life, I wouldn't be here. But I enjoy saying "LEAVE" to others too much to depart this fuckhole myself.

#Ih8uall&urallfags