Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sports Illustrated ranks UW class #20

13»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

#20 is fine as a rule but is a bit of a letdown for this year. Momentum a few months ago pointed toward a possible top 10 rating. It really fizzled and they didn't close on any big name guys who were deciding late.

Traditionally UW doesn't close particularly well ... it's an area for improvement but to say that this class on the whole is a let down is insanely FS ... thankfully there was a good year for OL on the West Coast and we were able to get a very good passable class here ... but this is an EXCELLENT class on the whole.
    Saying that saying the class on the whole is a letdown is insanely FS is insanely FS if you're addressing me because I didn't say that. Keep things in perspective if you can.

#20 is fine as a rule for UW. That I said.

#20 is a bit of a letdown this year, however, because it once looked like *we were going to finish much higher than that. The letdown is the final ranking and that is so only because it didn't meet the expectations built by the momentum of the program this past fall.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

#20 is fine as a rule but is a bit of a letdown for this year. Momentum a few months ago pointed toward a possible top 10 rating. It really fizzled and they didn't close on any big name guys who were deciding late.

Traditionally UW doesn't close particularly well ... it's an area for improvement but to say that this class on the whole is a let down is insanely FS ... thankfully there was a good year for OL on the West Coast and we were able to get a very good passable class here ... but this is an EXCELLENT class on the whole.
    Saying that saying the class on the whole is a letdown is insanely FS is insanely FS if you're addressing me because I didn't say that. Keep things in perspective if you can.

#20 is a bit of a letdown this year, however, because it once looked like *we were going to finish much higher than that. The letdown is the final ranking and that is so only because it didn't meet the expectations built by the momentum of the program this past fall.
    20 is bullshit because it's based on class size.

Per Scout, this is the #15 class by average stars. Considering Pete's never going to be a guy who looks at a kids stars and recruits them based on it, I'm perfectly happy with 15 this year.

If we're only at 15 next year I'll be disappointed, because one year's success most closely correlates to the following year's class. #RecruitingLag #PutBoobsInCharge
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

dnc said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

20 is bullshit because it's based on class size.

Per Scout, this is the #15 class by average stars. Considering Pete's never going to be a guy who looks at a kids stars and recruits them based on it, I'm perfectly happy with 15 this year.

If we're only at 15 next year I'll be disappointed, because one year's success most closely correlates to the following year's class. #RecruitingLag #PutBoobsInCharge
    Wanted to flag for Scout but FREE PUB
    Slave to the pub.

#BoobsForPrez