Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bar raised for recruiting also needs to happen

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We aren't going to ever have Alabama, LSU, FSU, USC overall levels of talent. That's not low expectations, it's reality. Crying about that is like crying about why Sark couldn't win a PAC 12 title.

I don't feel like getting into tl,dr arguments that won't change anyone's opinion. I, along with everyone else wish we would have gotten Tui and Sarrell.

It is hard for me to cry about every highly touted 17 year old kid that shows interest but doesn't come when we just went 12-2 and could very well be back in the playoff next year. I've said it before, it's an entirely different issue if we are 7-6 and losing Garnett, Banner, etc.

Call me whatever for that opinion, but everything is fine. It's not perfect, but we are in a good place. I'm excited to watch the team contend for titles every couple of years.

First of all fuck saying LSU is historically always talented. It's not.

Second, I suppose because you are getting beasted on the argument you are trying to straw-man it into oblivion. No one would say we need to recruit just as well as USC.

But do you think we can ever hope to catch Stanford? Who we historically out-recruit? Oh... wait, yeah maybe.

Jesus.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017

We aren't going to ever have Alabama, LSU, FSU, USC overall levels of talent. That's not low expectations, it's reality. Crying about that is like crying about why Sark couldn't win a PAC 12 title.

I don't feel like getting into tl,dr arguments that won't change anyone's opinion. I, along with everyone else wish we would have gotten Tui and Sarrell.

It is hard for me to cry about every highly touted 17 year old kid that shows interest but doesn't come when we just went 12-2 and could very well be back in the playoff next year. I've said it before, it's an entirely different issue if we are 7-6 and losing Garnett, Banner, etc.

Call me whatever for that opinion, but everything is fine. It's not perfect, but we are in a good place. I'm excited to watch the team contend for titles every couple of years.

Second, I suppose because you are getting beasted on the argument you are trying to straw-man it into oblivion. No one would say we need to recruit just as well as USC.

But do you think we can ever hope to catch Stanford? Who we historically out-recruit? Oh... wait, yeah maybe.

Jesus.
    I'm not beasted on any argument and wasn't responding to one post. It was general thoughts. The program is in fine shape. You're a TBS obsessed lunatic. I get it. Good for you.

Everyone thinks losing Tui sucks. Sarrell would have been a huge get. You have such PTSD that when someone says we are fine you think back to Kim saying the OL was fine in 2012.

Some here trust the coaches to develop the guys they do get into players."Trust the coaches! They said that on doogman!"

That's why we aren't all melting down like you do every fucking time some guy you think should go to UW doesn't.
  • Options

Jesus.
    I'm not beasted on any argument and wasn't responding to one post. It was general thoughts. The program is in fine shape. You're a TBS obsessed lunatic. I get it. Good for you.

Everyone thinks losing Tui sucks. Sarrell would have been a huge get. You have such PTSD that when someone says we are fine you think back to Kim saying the OL was fine in 2012.

Some here trust the coaches to develop the guys they do get into players."Trust the coaches! They said that on doogman!"

That's why we aren't all melting down like you do every fucking time some guy you think should go to UW doesn't.
    Are you one of those people? Last year you said Pete would never win the fucking division while he's at UW. Just fuck off already. Your act is fucking tired.
    lol.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017

Jesus.

Are you one of those people? Last year you said Pete would never win the fucking division while he's at UW. Just fuck off already. Your act is fucking tired.
    Maybe I didn't watch us go 12-2 this year? That could be the reason. I also hated Strausser until I saw the best OL we have had in forever. It's almost like on field results matter.

You took some shit here and there for talking about how Petersen was building things, etc when we were losing to fucking Cal at home. You ended up being right. Things change.
  • Options

Jesus.

Maybe I didn't watch us go 12-2 this year? That could be the reason. I also hated Strausser until I saw the best OL we have had in forever.
    Well, we'll make sure to come to you for after the fact analysis from now on, then.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jesus.

Maybe I didn't watch us go 12-2 this year? That could be the reason. I also hated Strausser until I saw the best OL we have had in forever.
    Well, we'll make sure to come to you for after the fact analysis from now on, then.
    You expected me to have blind faith after the last 15 years?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017

Jesus.

You took some shit here and there for talking about how Petersen was building things, etc when we were losing to fucking Cal at home. You ended up being right. Things change.
    Look, you are on the recruiting bored, we talk recruiting. I know you don't like it because you've stated that many times. But for fucks sake man, all you do on this bored is say you hate recruiting or just downplay everything.

If we would have sucked this year you would've been on here saying that recruiting doesn't matter because Pete sucks. It's so fucking tired man.

OF COURSE WE WERE GOOD! That's great! I want to keep being good so I am on this bored talking about fucking recruiting with others that like to talk about it. If this was the NFL we might have a nice 6 year run with this core group of guys. But it's not and we need to recruit guys for the future.

So go take your doogman "I trust the coaches" bullshit and fuck off.
    The one note meltdowns and twisting over the basic fact that we all want good players is what is annoying. I don't completely hate recruiting and I like to keep track of who we get, who might come, etc.

It's like Boobs saying everyone and everything sucks, fire everyone as a way to say, "I only like good football."

The meltdown over recruiting basically come down to, "I want UW to have great players!"

I guess my act is a way of saying who really gives a fuck, just win. I know we need talent to win. Whether that is elite talent ranked 5th or it's ranked 25th, coach it up and win. I expect to win conference titles and compete for natty's.

Stars are important, blah, blah... It's still just sizzle until games are won. We should continue to keep winning.
  • Options

Jesus.

Look, you are on the recruiting bored, we talk recruiting. I know you don't like it because you've stated that many times. But for fucks sake man, all you do on this bored is say you hate recruiting or just downplay everything.

If we would have sucked this year you would've been on here saying that recruiting doesn't matter because Pete sucks. It's so fucking tired man.

OF COURSE WE WERE GOOD! That's great! I want to keep being good so I am on this bored talking about fucking recruiting with others that like to talk about it. If this was the NFL we might have a nice 6 year run with this core group of guys. But it's not and we need to recruit guys for the future.

So go take your doogman "I trust the coaches" bullshit and fuck off.
    The one note meltdowns and twisting over the basic fact that we all want good players is what is annoying. I don't completely hate recruiting and I like to keep track of who we get, who might come, etc.

It's like Boobs saying everyone and everything sucks, fire everyone as a way to say, "I only like good football."

I guess my act is a way of saying who really gives a fuck, just win. I know we need talent to win. Whether that is elite talent ranked 5th or it's ranked 25th, coach it up and win.

Stars are important, blah, blah... It's still just sizzle until games are won. We should continue to keep winning.
    I was told there would be a point.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

Dennis, I respect your view point. What should Pete be doing differently in recruiting BESIDES firing Strausser?

Tequila, maybe you can tweet Pete and offer to coach him to sniff out a 17 year old bullshitter when you can take some time from running your multi million dollar company.
    You are all busted up about Weddington? Seriously? Holy fuck dude.

You two whiny bitches were droning on and on about how fozzy was never coming to Washington.

DDY has it spot on here ...

I'm not busted up on Wedington because of Wedington ... I'm concerned that there are some leaks in our recruiting strategy that we got beat on this year in a bad way ... so yes, I'm interested to see how Pete responds ...

• Options

Jesus.

Just call a spade a spade ...

• Options

PS: I love you @RoadDawg55

Passive Aggressive POTD
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Jesus.

Just call a spade a spade ...

• Options
    edited January 2017

Jesus.