Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bar raised for recruiting also needs to happen

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Dennis, I respect your view point. What should Pete be doing differently in recruiting BESIDES firing Strausser?

Tequila, maybe you can tweet Pete and offer to coach him to sniff out a 17 year old bullshitter when you can take some time from running your multi million dollar company.
    You are all busted up about Weddington? Seriously? Holy fuck dude.

You two whiny bitches were droning on and on about how fozzy was never coming to Washington.

We missed on our top 7 QBs two years in a row. We missed on 6 of our 7 top offensive linemen. We didn't even get a visit from a Poly DL in Utah (who was considering us) after we hired a Poly DL coach from Utah. And then we got out-flanked on two recruits this year (Wedington and Marlon).

And fuck talking about what he can do BESIDES firing Straußer. Losing AVT and Fozzy is a complete disaster. We are already coming to Straußer's aid in recruiting because he's so incompetent and we obviously know it's a big problem.

Losing back to back 5-star players in state is a total disaster... and it wasn't mitigated by hitting on a guy like Wyatt Davis or AVT.

But what's worse is that you are just Seattle-ing out... "we'll be FINE!!!" "Fozzy grew up loving Stanford, there was NOTHING ANYONE could do!!" "Blame no one! Everything is inevitable!!"

It's just bullshit. High standards go for both on-field performance and recruiting.

The difference between us and USC/Alabama is recruiting. We have a way better coach than USC, so for us to raise ourselves to elite, the reality is we have to hit on better kids.

Getting kids like Gaye, Tryon, Ford, and Norgaard (physically rare underrecruited guys) is also important, but our #1 position of need this year is OL and we missed on 6 out of our realistic top 7. That is a fucking disaster.

This recruiting season is a lot like our on-field season: it's really good, but in the end we aren't very close to the top.

So, yeah, it's a pretty good class and all that, but can we quit with the fucking Doog 'everything will be fine' bullshit?
    I'm certainly not saying everything is fine. I am totally on board with the fact you can't miss on top tier talent.

I would say the defense is near the top. How many front 7's would you take over Washington's currently? Not many. You are saying last year's defense wasn't near the top?

You can't rely on project kids no question.

Pete's first class he put together in what under four months? The classes have steadily improved year over year.

Would Eason start over your boy Brownsocks?

Darnold appears to be the best QB on the west coast in past few years. No idea if Washington attempted to pursue him

I do think Herbert going to be a great QB though taggert likely fucks that up, but what other QB from the West coast would take right now over Browning? Outside of Darnold?

They got their boy Sirmon. Five star Qb?

P.S. 8,000 plus posts, running the recruiting board and liking high school players tweets automatically makes you a doog! ;)
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Dennis, I respect your view point. What should Pete be doing differently in recruiting BESIDES firing Strausser?

Tequila, maybe you can tweet Pete and offer to coach him to sniff out a 17 year old bullshitter when you can take some time from running your multi million dollar company.
    You are all busted up about Weddington? Seriously? Holy fuck dude.

You two whiny bitches were droning on and on about how fozzy was never coming to Washington.

We missed on our top 7 QBs two years in a row. We missed on 6 of our 7 top offensive linemen. We didn't even get a visit from a Poly DL in Utah (who was considering us) after we hired a Poly DL coach from Utah. And then we got out-flanked on two recruits this year (Wedington and Marlon).

And fuck talking about what he can do BESIDES firing Straußer. Losing AVT and Fozzy is a complete disaster. We are already coming to Straußer's aid in recruiting because he's so incompetent and we obviously know it's a big problem.

Losing back to back 5-star players in state is a total disaster... and it wasn't mitigated by hitting on a guy like Wyatt Davis or AVT.

But what's worse is that you are just Seattle-ing out... "we'll be FINE!!!" "Fozzy grew up loving Stanford, there was NOTHING ANYONE could do!!" "Blame no one! Everything is inevitable!!"

It's just bullshit. High standards go for both on-field performance and recruiting.

The difference between us and USC/Alabama is recruiting. We have a way better coach than USC, so for us to raise ourselves to elite, the reality is we have to hit on better kids.

Getting kids like Gaye, Tryon, Ford, and Norgaard (physically rare underrecruited guys) is also important, but our #1 position of need this year is OL and we missed on 6 out of our realistic top 7. That is a fucking disaster.

This recruiting season is a lot like our on-field season: it's really good, but in the end we aren't very close to the top.

So, yeah, it's a pretty good class and all that, but can we quit with the fucking Doog 'everything will be fine' bullshit?
    I'm certainly not saying everything is fine. I am totally on board with the fact you can't miss on top tier talent.

I would say the defense is near the top. How many front 7's would you take over Washington's currently? Not many. You are saying last year's defense wasn't near the top?

You can't rely on project kids no question.

Pete's first class he put together in what under four months? The classes have steadily improved year over year.

Would Eason start over your boy Brownsocks?

Darnold appears to be the best QB on the west coast in past few years. No idea if Washington attempted to pursue him

I do think Herbert going to be a great QB though taggert likely fucks that up, but what other QB from the West coast would take right now over Browning? Outside of Darnold?

They got their boy Sirmon. Five star Qb?

P.S. 8,000 plus posts, running the recruiting board and liking high school players tweets automatically makes you a doog! ;)
    Yeah, I agree for the most part.

Recruiting is on pace and expectations imo.

Only three years and 4th in the country? C'mon..

Already crying about the tug of war over 5 star recruits? To be expected. Even Alabama loses recruits and they have been on a massive run ...

Through and through recruiting takes years to develop into the minds and hearts of teenagers.

Hell, we still have kids thinking about Phil knight's ducks of yesteryear.

We didnt get Foster because Stanford recruited better from the field performance perspective. We just couldn't overcome the 6-7 years head start Stanford had on UW. Plus, they didn't fully implode as hoped which let Foster off the hook. Plus they had a mammoth recruiting class.

So, once we get those 3-4 more years into the program with sustained success then we can bitch and moan about lost recruits is all I'm getting at.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

I remember when we HHBs had standards and demanded excellence in all things. I guess all it takes is one good season and half this bored fags out again. Maybe Sloppy Tits will give you queers reach arounds while she slams the purple strap on up your ass. Fags.

Hi pumpy!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We already have a near great class THIS year. What is so wrong with saying that and saying we are missing out on some guys. My goodness, it's ok to have expectations on the field, but not in recruiting apparently.

I'm really happy with this class, like very happy. It's just that we missed some big time guys that could've helped. It's ok to admit that. No one is saying we're gonna go in the shitter now. Christ.

I read this in the shitter¡¡¡¡!!!11
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

We already have a near great class THIS year. What is so wrong with saying that and saying we are missing out on some guys. My goodness, it's ok to have expectations on the field, but not in recruiting apparently.

I'm really happy with this class, like very happy. It's just that we missed some big time guys that could've helped. It's ok to admit that. No one is saying we're gonna go in the shitter now. Christ.

Pretty much this. Very few of the comments have been OH MY GOD FUCKIGN KILL EVERYONE OUR RECRUTIS LOOK LIKE THYE BELONG AT FUCKING MONTANA!!!11!!!!1!!!!1!!

This is our best class in forever, and I don't even follow this shit super closely. Peterman did a great job when you look at the class as a whole. Bravo and all that shit. But fuck man, you are blind fucking donkey if you can't admit that missing on basically ALL our early offer OL sucks, and that losing one of the best DL we have ever recruited at the very end when we have no replacement for him at all is meeting high expectations. FFS. Have some goddamn standards. Class is still an A minus or B plus, but you keep Marlon and it's a solid A or A minus, and you add AVT and Fozzy and you have a fucking NTD, BB inducing A plus. Which is darn near perfect. And what I expect. And you fuckers should as well. Otherwise let's just give out participation trophies and sustainabilty awards and jerk off to 7-6 again. Fags.
    Goddamn right.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    This year is a great reminder why I stopped paying attention to recruiting a long time ago.

I will stick the Baird approach. Revisit three years from now.

I will chalk up this year's class lack of real sizzle due to "market inefficiencies."

I would guess anyone's standards here for Pete is a national title?

So far his o-line recruiting is not up to national title standards. Im sure the staff is well aware of the fact.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

This year is a great reminder why I stopped paying attention to recruiting a long time ago.

I will chalk up this year's class lack of real sizzle due to "market inefficiencies."

So far his o-line recruiting is not up to national title standards. Im sure the staff is well aware of the fact.

But seriously, Ty Jones is some fuckign sizzle. We got some great sizzle in this class imo (based on people comments who know more than I do about evaluating teen boy hips). Great LB, unreal WR class, great RB, unreal TE, fantastic set of DBs....really a solid class except a retard QB, one good OL and a couple of hopefuls, and basically no DL (if USC snags Marlon). Sizzle! Just needed more beef.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

I think your problem following recruiting is you don't understand it.

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about re: no sizzle.

I don't get it about three years from now and agreeing with Baird—who just said that when he missed on kids so people didn't get on him—it's an ultimate doog-ism. It's bullshit.

Instead of bailing because you have the wrong approach, PM IrishDawg and sit and fucking listen for a while before you try and know everything. You're smarter than the average fan; why does everyone here have to fucking try to show they know everything all the time?

So you get pwned in conversations about a topic you don't get - because you're trying to act like you know everything - and then your done? Ok.

Also, so because we know about the weaknesses of the team's play and so does the staff, we should just refrain from comment?

You're not making any fucking sense kid.
    Get him DDY. Rip him a new one
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2017

jecornel said:

I don't get it about three years from now and agreeing with Baird—who just said that when he missed on kids so people didn't get on him—it's an ultimate doog-ism. It's bullshit.

Instead of bailing because you have the wrong approach, PM IrishDawg and sit and fucking listen for a while before you try and know everything. You're smarter than the average fan; why does everyone here have to fucking try to show they know everything all the time?

So you get pwned in conversations about a topic you don't get - because you're trying to act like you know everything - and then your done? Ok.

Also, so because we know about the weaknesses of the team's play and so does the staff, we should just refrain from comment?

Oh my God.

I won't pretend I know about recruiting more than you.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Pretty much this. Very few of the comments have been OH MY GOD FUCKIGN KILL EVERYONE OUR RECRUTIS LOOK LIKE THYE BELONG AT FUCKING MONTANA!!!11!!!!1!!!!1!!

This is our best class in forever, and I don't even follow this shit super closely. Peterman did a great job when you look at the class as a whole. Bravo and all that shit. But fuck man, you are blind fucking donkey if you can't admit that missing on basically ALL our early offer OL sucks, and that losing one of the best DL we have ever recruited at the very end when we have no replacement for him at all is meeting high expectations. FFS. Have some goddamn standards. Class is still an A minus or B plus, but you keep Marlon and it's a solid A or A minus, and you add AVT and Fozzy and you have a fucking NTD, BB inducing A plus. Which is darn near perfect. And what I expect. And you fuckers should as well. Otherwise let's just give out participation trophies and sustainabilty awards and jerk off to 7-6 again. Fags.
    I almost came reading this
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Oh my God.

I won't pretend I know about recruiting more than you.
    NO ONE DOES... MUAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.

Except Coker, 'cos he's a fag.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We aren't going to ever have Alabama, LSU, FSU, USC overall levels of talent. That's not low expectations, it's reality. Crying about that is like crying about why Sark couldn't win a PAC 12 title.

I don't feel like getting into tl,dr arguments that won't change anyone's opinion. I, along with everyone else wish we would have gotten Tui and Sarrell.

It is hard for me to cry about every highly touted 17 year old kid that shows interest but doesn't come when we just went 12-2 and could very well be back in the playoff next year. I've said it before, it's an entirely different issue if we are 7-6 and losing Garnett, Banner, etc.

Call me whatever for that opinion, but everything is fine. It's not perfect, but we are in a good place. I'm excited to watch the team contend for titles every couple of years.
  • Options
    To have a top 10-15 class is reasonable expectations for UW, we can win a title with a class like that. There are a lot of shitty coaches in college football.