Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark's recruiting on OL since 2011 and their offers

Sark went three years in a row without landing one four star OL.

Here is Sark's OL that he's signed and their offers since 2011:

2011:

3 star Dexter Charles- Offers: Arizona, Cal and WSU
3 star Siosifa Tufunga- Offers: None besides UW

2012:

3 star Nathan Dean- Offers: Arizona, ASU, Colorado, Idaho and WSU..........has already quit
2 star Cory Fuavai - Offers: Idaho, Oregon State
3 star Jake Eldrenkamp- Offers: Brown, Oregon State, Purdue, Utah, WSU and Yale
3 star Shane Brostek- Offers: Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon and UCLA
2 star Taylor Hindy- Offers: Utah State and Eastern Washington.

2013:

3 star Dane Crane- Offers: Arizona, Colorado, Florida State, San Diego State
3 star Andrew Kirkland- Offers: ASU, Colorado, Oregon State, Portland State, Utah and Wyoming
2 star Coleman Shelton- Offers: Cal Poly, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico State, Northern Arizona and UC Davis

Just reading this list you know UW goes full court press after skill guys then at the last minute picks up the table scraps when it comes to OL. Only TWO guys in three years had a decent offers list that's it.

Most of the time UW is beating out WSU, Colorado and non BCS schools for these OL. This is why our OL sucks now and will be a total fucking dreckfest when the class of 2010 graduates after next year.

Fuck you Eklund! Their job is to sell kids to come here. I don't give a fuck if they are "trying" because here are the fucking results you stupid fuck!

Comments

• DawgGrad95DawgGrad95 Member Posts: 20
    No doubt our lines are key. My understanding is Wilcox is prioritizing big, but fast D lineman.
    It would seem they got some road graders on the O line in 2010 (which I notice you conveniently omitted):

Erik Kohler - 4 Star (injured, now starting)

Arizona
    Arizona State
    California
    Notre Dame
    Oklahoma
    UCLA
    USC

Colin Porter - 4 Star (2 year starter, retired)

California
    Michigan
    Oklahoma
    Stanford
    Utah
    Washington State

Colin Tanigawa - 2 Star (starting)

Arizona
    Arizona State
    California
    Iowa State
    Nebraska
    Oregon
    San Jose State
    UCLA
    Washington State

Micah Hatchie - 4 Star (starter)

California
    Colorado
    Hawaii
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    UCLA
    Utah

Ben Riva - 3 Star (starter)

Nebraska
    Northwestern
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    UCLA
    Washington State

Mike Criste - 2 star (starting center)

Arizona State
    Notre Dame
    Oregon State
    UNLV
    USC
  • DawgGrad95DawgGrad95 Member Posts: 20
    Dean had offer from UCLA as well, and we were close to getting Banner from Lakes in 2012 as I recall, and we just landed Curtis from Arizona (4 star),
  • I left out 2010 cause Sark has been living off that house money class for too long.

Three years in a row speaks volumes.

Signing only 3 highly recruited OL in five years is dog shit.
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774

Dean had offer from UCLA as well, and we were close to getting Banner from Lakes in 2012 as I recall, and we just landed Curtis from Arizona (4 star),

Why is this fucking retard here?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    AlCzervik said:

Why is this fucking retard here?
    Because his library blocks http://www.dawgman.com?
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212

No doubt our lines are key. My understanding is Wilcox is prioritizing big, but fast D lineman.
    It would seem they got some road graders on the O line in 2010 (which I notice you conveniently omitted):

Erik Kohler - 4 Star (injured, now starting)

Arizona
    Arizona State
    California
    Notre Dame
    Oklahoma
    UCLA
    USC

Colin Porter - 4 Star (2 year starter, retired)

California
    Michigan
    Oklahoma
    Stanford
    Utah
    Washington State

Colin Tanigawa - 2 Star (starting)

Arizona
    Arizona State
    California
    Iowa State
    Nebraska
    Oregon
    San Jose State
    UCLA
    Washington State

Micah Hatchie - 4 Star (starter)

California
    Colorado
    Hawaii
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    UCLA
    Utah

Ben Riva - 3 Star (starter)

Nebraska
    Northwestern
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    UCLA
    Washington State

Mike Criste - 2 star (starting center)

Arizona State
    Notre Dame
    Oregon State
    UNLV
    USC

I hope you realize you supported the original post. You can't live off one decent O line class every 5 years ...

While you are at it here's a paper towel to wipe Sarks nut off your chin.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    This forum is what happens when 20+ trolls meet. I get really fucking irritated with some of the repetitive jokes here...it's not funny IMO. I yawn.. That said, I post on some various facebook boards and typically become one of the dominant-asshole-trolls myself on many of those boards, out of boredom. I probably get called an asshole at least once a week on at least one of those. Ive realized that I am an arrogant prick. There are a lot of narcissistic trolls here on this site, myself included....perhaps we are just naturally drawn to one another...sort of like how inmates are drawn to each others' criminal knowledge in a prison. I accept that some are going to possibly annoy me as much as I will probably and inevitably annoy them with my own style of posting...but ultimately I would appreciate this site more if it cut out the fat and were less repetitive and had more creativity. I get bored easily with the 23 daily prepositions. Props to Derek Johnson for moderating this site...I wouldn't want that job.I suspect one day hell get very tired of doing it, especially with the repeated stuff.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    More Time already basically answered it, but if we were recruiting at a 2010 level every year and signing three 4* guys and 7 total, we would not have OL issues and we would have posts praising Sark for being an excellent recruiter.
  • More Time already basically answered it, but if we were recruiting at a 2010 level every year and signing three 4* guys and 7 total, we would not have OL issues and we would have posted praising Sark for being an excellent recruiter.

I just get tired of ragging on Sark's recruiting of OL and doogs always bring up 2010. I gave Sark credit for that class and at the time although I didn't like the hire I was impressed with him for that. I actually thought right on! We have a coach who "gets it".

The next three years Sark was just like Ty. He's been living off that class for a while now.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

Whiffing on banner, Garnett, & Williams... If (when) Sark gets fired, that will be in the obit.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    great single class or not the cycle has been repeated due to a lack of established depth along both lines;

1. AWESOME new young player comes in and starts as a freshman
    2. freshman gets injured because not physically ready to play in against grown men in the pac12
    3. Now injured freshman has to sit out a year and doesnt develop in the weight room like a typical redshirted player would
    4. Once Awesome recruit now struggles to develop and continues to be "banged" up due to lack of devlopment
    4. New AWESOME young player is recruited by the greatest recruiter in history to replace the older washed up player has been injured a few times and never really panned out
    5. start over at step 1

Oregon, USC, Stanford recruit less offensive lineman than the rest of the pac12 but sign the best nearly every year (low quantity, high quality). OSU and Utah seem to recruit more to the high quantity and lower quality lineman in the hopes they will find a sleeper or have enough depth to actually coach players into their positions. UW unfortunately recruits neither quantity nor quality, which is why Sarks OL recruiting is no better than Tyrone WIllingham, and ranks 8th in the pac12 (slightly ahead of WSU, ASU, Colorado, and Arizona)
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,379 Founders Club

More Time already basically answered it, but if we were recruiting at a 2010 level every year and signing three 4* guys and 7 total, we would not have OL issues and we would have posts praising Sark for being an excellent recruiter.

Not to mention we would actually probably have a better W/L record, and certainly have better prospects for the future. Our pitiful depth on the OL is going to hamstring this program for years. We might be able to mask it, and certainly a better Coach could do more with it, but there is simply no denying that our OL is a weakness, and there is no real hope in the 3 deeps that it becomes a strength anytime soon. The best we can hope for is average line play, and scheme around it. Yep, Sark fucking sucks, and water is still wet. Sigh...
  • Houhusky said:

great single class or not the cycle has been repeated due to a lack of established depth along both lines;

1. AWESOME new young player comes in and starts as a freshman
    2. freshman gets injured because not physically ready to play in against grown men in the pac12
    3. Now injured freshman has to sit out a year and doesnt develop in the weight room like a typical redshirted player would
    4. Once Awesome recruit now struggles to develop and continues to be "banged" up due to lack of devlopment

4. New AWESOME young player is recruited by the greatest recruiter in history to replace the older washed up player has been injured a few times and never really panned out
    5. start over at step 1

Oregon, USC, Stanford recruit less offensive lineman than the rest of the pac12 but sign the best nearly every year (low quantity, high quality). OSU and Utah seem to recruit more to the high quantity and lower quality lineman in the hopes they will find a sleeper or have enough depth to actually coach players into their positions. UW unfortunately recruits neither quantity nor quality, which is why Sarks OL recruiting is no better than Tyrone WIllingham, and ranks 8th in the pac12 (slightly ahead of WSU, ASU, Colorado, and Arizona)

You just described Erik Kohler and Colin Porter's careers. Is it a coincidence that Sark has landed only three 4* star OL and two of them were hurt as they were required to start as true freshman?

I keep hearing from Doogs when I point out the entire line is graduating in 2014. "Well there is a bumper crop in 2015 and Sark is already out recruiting some guys".

To which I say 1. I heard this song and dance in 2012 and 2. even if he lands those guys asking true freshman to come in right away and start on the OL is fucktarded.

Then I get met with "Why are you always so negative?".

Pointing out the truth= negative.
    “We are offensive linemen, part of the o-line. Five guys working as a unit within the football team to establish the tempo and demeanor of the game. Our job description doesn't sound fun, interesting or flashy, nor should it. Those who know football know the game is won or lost in the trenches, along the line. We start the play and if we are good we finish it. We are the O-Line, we set the examples, we "LEAD FROM THE FRONT.”

-- Grey Ruegamer(Offensive lineman for the New York Giants)

need to be getting that kind of 4* beef every year, not just once in a while; especially the ones from inside the alleged fence

Awesome vote for signature. I'm looking to blow her up, for like 30 seconds. I will make her call it "her little slice of heaven."
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    2010 amounted to nothing, colin porter got hurt which was a bad break as has Kohler, however tanigawa has been oft injured and has looked bad when healthy. Hatchie has been healthy and he is a complete disaster
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    You'd think a former QB would value the importance of the OL. Sark is a fat frat boy buffoon masquerading as a football coach.
  • Gladstone said:

You'd think a former QB would value the importance of the OL. Sark is a fat frat boy buffoon masquerading as a football coach.

I think part of what Eklund was saying is true I'm sure Sark offers a lot of OL. Where Eklund is wrong is I don't think Sark is going all out to sign them like he was for a Shaq Thompson for an example.

Also we are a soft pussy program led by a pussy of a head coach. If you pride yourself on being a tough OL you don't want to go to this school with a pussy head coach and an OL coach who is known as a screamer not a teacher.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    You can't expect to recruit highly rated OL when the state never produces any.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Sark went three years in a row without landing one four star OL.

Here is Sark's OL that he's signed and their offers since 2011:

2011:

3 star Dexter Charles- Offers: Arizona, Cal and WSU
    3 star Siosifa Tufunga- Offers: None besides UW

2012:

3 star Nathan Dean- Offers: Arizona, ASU, Colorado, Idaho and WSU..........has already quit
    2 star Cory Fuavai - Offers: Idaho, Oregon State
    3 star Jake Eldrenkamp- Offers: Brown, Oregon State, Purdue, Utah, WSU and Yale
    3 star Shane Brostek- Offers: Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon and UCLA
    2 star Taylor Hindy- Offers: Utah State and Eastern Washington.

2013:

3 star Dane Crane- Offers: Arizona, Colorado, Florida State, San Diego State
    3 star Andrew Kirkland- Offers: ASU, Colorado, Oregon State, Portland State, Utah and Wyoming
    2 star Coleman Shelton- Offers: Cal Poly, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico State, Northern Arizona and UC Davis

Just reading this list you know UW goes full court press after skill guys then at the last minute picks up the table scraps when it comes to OL. Only TWO guys in three years had a decent offers list that's it.

Most of the time UW is beating out WSU, Colorado and non BCS schools for these OL. This is why our OL sucks now and will be a total fucking dreckfest when the class of 2010 graduates after next year.

Fuck you Eklund! Their job is to sell kids to come here. I don't give a fuck if they are "trying" because here are the fucking results you stupid fuck!

Who said our oline stinks? Is Bishop leading the country in rushing, and is Price's 70-something% completion percentage an aberration after the previous 5 weeks? Dumbfuck #1 ! Who else wants to step up? Seems Mike Riley's 2-star O-line is doing a fine job of protecting Manion too!

Sark fucked up Oline recruiting. We get that shit dumbass. But Sark and Coozetto seem to be doing a better than expected Job with these lumps of shit. Oregons' defense is good! they will shred most teams. Now shut the fuck and study something else to post that makes sense instead of stating the tired and obvious!