Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nick Ford Visiting this Weekend!

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    he's not taking any more in homes. looks like it's Utah. I don't know why he thinks he has a future on the dline
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

he's not taking any more in homes. looks like it's Utah. I don't know why he thinks he has a future on the dline

I don't know why we wouldn't tell him he does if we really wanted him.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

Because he does not understand his own physical limitations. He has a better future at OL than DL, but sometimes people want hear what they want hear. Good luck to him, he will end up playing OL at Utah.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

dhdawg said:

This is what is confusing. Either he's good enough to play DL or you sit him down a few months into the season and tell him that moving to OL is better for his future.

You don't have to lie to get him to play OL.

THIS.

Let him start at DL if that's what he wants - he's going to be on the scout team all year either way. Hell, let him play cornerback. Who cares. It will all sort itself out and the kid will end up at OL because he wants to see the field. Just get him up here.

Close the deal.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AlCzervik said:

dhdawg said:

This is what is confusing. Either he's good enough to play DL or you sit him down a few months into the season and tell him that moving to OL is better for his future.

THIS.

Let him start at DL if that's what he wants - he's going to be on the scout team all year either way. Hell, let him play cornerback. Who cares. It will all sort itself out and the kid will end up at OL because he wants to see the field. Just get him up here.

Close the deal.

Or he'll become malcontent, throw a fit and ask to transfer if they move him to OL. This is not the same situation as McGary. Kaleb was a 4-star, top 300 kid who routinely said, "I like defense but I'll play where my coaches put me." Ford is a kid who has made it clear up front to coaches on his visits that he doesn't want to be an offensive lineman. In addition, he is a raw athlete who hasn't been playing offensive or defensive line for very long, and could very well end up 6'9" or 6'10" and be completely useless as a football player.

If this was Austin Jackson or Wyatt Davis saying they want to play defense, yeah, you string them along and play that game. Nick Ford, not so much.
  • Options

AlCzervik said:

dhdawg said:

THIS.

Close the deal.

Or he'll become malcontent, throw a fit and ask to transfer if they move him to OL. This is not the same situation as McGary. Kaleb was a 4-star, top 300 kid who routinely said, "I like defense but I'll play where my coaches put me." Ford is a kid who has made it clear up front to coaches on his visits that he doesn't want to be an offensive lineman. In addition, he is a raw athlete who hasn't been playing offensive or defensive line for very long, and could very well end up 6'9" or 6'10" and be completely useless as a football player.

If this was Austin Jackson or Wyatt Davis saying they want to play defense, yeah, you string them along and play that game. Nick Ford, not so much.
    THIS
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

AlCzervik said:

dhdawg said:

THIS.

Close the deal.

I don't know. The height issue seems like some Ektard bullshit. Arkansas had a 6'10" tackle named Dan Skipper last year. He's going to get drafted. Jonathon Ogden was 6'9". The Steelers LT is 6'10".

There is no height limit in football. The reason 6'10" guys don't play football is because most that have any semblance of athleticism are playing basketball from a very young age. Ford is athletic enough that it doesn't really matter whether he is 6'7" or 6'10". He's not a lumbering 7 footer from Yugoslavia.
    Also because there are fewer teen boys that are 6'7" than 6'4". And fewer still that are 6'10". Height distribution follows a bell curve.

As to bnb's other points- well yeah, its obvious we don't really want him if we aren't going to Kaleb McGary him. But then why are wr even pursuing him as our prinary plan C guy? Why didn't we have other plans in the works months ago? Maybe we did with Jaxson Kirkland we shall see.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

What a coincidence... Deja Vu is just a short drive up Lake City Way...

You guys still have one?
  • Options
    Man I love Ariel, can't wait to see him play in 2 years
  • Options

:(

We did it again, we lost a decent OL prospect.