Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Further proof that UW doesn't care about its fans

@A_Jude
UW-Cal to kick off at 8 p.m. on Oct. 26 for a Fox Sports 1 broadcast. Yay.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,131 Founders Club
    I like Cal in that one
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Sven, you of all people know that TV determines game times.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Absolutely. UW cares about TV revenue and ticket sales (in that order).

Nothing else matters.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333

Nothing else matters.
    As does every other college program. So I don't see where you are going with on that. Without TV revenue and ticket sales, you have no program.

Nothing else matters.
    As does every other college program. So I don't see where you are going with on that. Without TV revenue and ticket sales, you have no program.
    What part of "nothing else matters" did you not understand?

Programs like Oregon and Stanford actually care about winning too. Washington doesn't.

I like Cal in that one

Cal doesn't count. #hisven
    I was beating that drum before Harv joined in.

Cal is Sark's bitch.

Nothing else matters.

Programs like Oregon and Stanford actually care about winning too. Washington doesn't.
    The difference is if Oregon and especially Stanford doesn't win, their fans stop going to games. At UW the fans go regardless. So if you know you will sell out, even without a top program, what incentive is there? Look at the Mariners. How that team isn't 30th in attendance is beyond me.

Nothing else matters.

The difference is if Oregon and especially Stanford doesn't win, their fans stop going to games. At UW the fans go regardless. So if you know you will sell out, even without a top program, what incentive is there? Look at the Mariners. How that team isn't 30th in attendance is beyond me.
    We've been calling the decline of this program Marinerization for over a decade. UW cares about its fans as much as the Mariners do.

Nothing else matters.

We've been calling the decline of this program Marinerization for over a decade. UW cares about its fans as much as the Mariners do.
    I hate to say just don't show up and the problem is solved. By having a max exodus you basically call on the killing of the program. However, if there was just a 20-25% drop in attendance that would be enough to spark some movement without killing the program entirely.

Nothing else matters.

I hate to say just don't show up and the problem is solved. By having a max exodus you basically call on the killing of the program. However, if there was just a 20-25% drop in attendance that would be enough to spark some movement without killing the program entirely.
    The regulars on this message bored who also attend the games are the worst Huskie fans I know.
  • LanceUppercutLanceUppercut Member Posts: 23
    Cougs play on Halloween Night (Thursday). Tradesies?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Nothing else matters.

The regulars on this message bored who also attend the games are the worst Huskie fans I know.
    Say it to my FACE!!!1!!!!

• LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447

Nothing else matters.

Attend Games = Worst Fans Boob's know.

Logic of a high school drop out.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

Nothing else matters.
    Shitty program deserves shitty kickoff times. Thanks Sark and Woodward. Fucking pimps.
    LevelPar said:

Nothing else matters.

Um...not a deep thinker I see

LevelPar said:

Nothing else matters.

Plenty deep for this group.
    LevelPar said:

LevelPar said:

Nothing else matters.

Plenty deep for this group.
    Disagree. Have you ever taken an Econ class? Doesn't seem like it.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    11 PM Eastern, this is a shit time-slot. What is the Pac-12, 3 PM game that day?

Our AD has no idea how difficult it is for us special needs folks to get into the stadium and get situated at that time of night. I can barely find my van in the dark and return home.
    edited October 2013
    That's funny, especially since you jumped in to defend Boob. There must be some deep emotional connection between you two.
    LevelPar said:

That's funny, especially since you jumped in to defend Boob. There must be some deep emotional connection between to you two.

If you were paying attention, you would know his original comment was directed at me, and not in a good way. But you clearly have no fucking clue about several things here.