Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO Episode #27: Season Review, Peach Bowl Review, TBS Primer

124»

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

<

I think one of the biggest things we've seen with Hamdan is that our receivers try to make plays. They fight for the ball, they go for tough catches, and I just don't feel we've had that in a long time. Sure, we don't have the guys who physically can go up and win one on one matchups right now but hopefully we're heading in that direction with our incoming class of recruits. I've just always felt our receivers were so soft for the past like 10 years.

So the WR group is working harder than ever?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017

Darrien Molton...

#Mossed (Vine by @ESPNNFL) https://t.co/uLP7paBCvt— Rickard Bergquist (@sportblogg) November 29, 2016 ">
    Mad_Son said:

<--- Coined Potatoes

Congratulation @Dennis_DeYoung for winning with your incredible haiku

lol@Tequilla's haiku

I think one of the biggest things we've seen with Hamdan is that our receivers try to make plays. They fight for the ball, they go for tough catches, and I just don't feel we've had that in a long time. <b> Sure, we don't have the guys who physically can go up and win one on one matchups right now but hopefully we're heading in that direction with our incoming class of recruits. I've just always felt our receivers were so soft for the past like 10 years.

Darrien Molton...#Mossed (Vine by @ESPNNFL) https://t.co/uLP7paBCvt

— Rickard Bergquist (@sportblogg) November 29, 2016 " />

Darrien Molton...

#Mossed (Vine by @ESPNNFL) https://t.co/uLP7paBCvt— Rickard Bergquist (@sportblogg) November 29, 2016 ">

— Rickard Bergquist (@sportblogg) November 29, 2016
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    ">
    Mad_Son said:

<--- Coined Potatoes

Congratulation @Dennis_DeYoung for winning with your incredible haiku

lol@Tequilla's haiku

I think one of the biggest things we've seen with Hamdan is that our receivers try to make plays. They fight for the ball, they go for tough catches, and I just don't feel we've had that in a long time. <b> Sure, we don't have the guys who physically can go up and win one on one matchups right now but hopefully we're heading in that direction with our incoming class of recruits. I've just always felt our receivers were so soft for the past like 10 years.

— Rickard Bergquist (@sportblogg) November 29, 2016 " />

Darrien Molton...

— Rickard Bergquist (@sportblogg) November 29, 2016
    I've become more intrigued.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

I listened while taking a bubble bath bath which is kinda gay but when you talked about how we are upping our four and five star recruits I got hard in the bubble bath which is really gay. I guess what I'm trying to say is the pood was the key that unlocked my closet door!

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Any time you rely on the video board to help you play defense you should fake an injury after the play
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Yes @89ute I'm impressed
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

89ute said:

Finally got through your podcast gentlemen and you picked up your 17th upvote/chincredible and whatever the fuck Turbs does. It took two days. Yesterday I listened while I shoved snow and finished today while I made one of my wives a carton of cigarettes.

There are a lot of parallels between our programs, which is one of many reasons why I find your podding interesting. We're both building. A nation winner on your part, a Pac-12 South winner on our part. The process is exactly the same. The analysis of 4 stars on the roster was absolutely fascinating. Obvious as hell, but as you can see, none of us thought to look at it. It depressed the hell of of me, just the other day in another thread I posted that our program has recruited approximately 20 four stars since 2002. Right now, we have only two 4* on our commitment sheet and one is wavering (Jaylen Johnson). CHRIST we have a long way to go.

The pod is great listening because there is a hell of a lot of Pac-12 talk, not just Husky talk. I can't get Pac-12 talk locally. The media outlets in Salt Lake are dragging their feet, kicking and screaming as we try to become a Pac-12 City. It fucking sucks.

At the beginning of the year I could not figure out why Worshington was getting so much respect in the polls. I could not see it. 7-8 wins for a fistfull of years and now they're a top 10 program? What the fuck?

So there I was, the night before the St. George marathon staying up later that I should because I want to see Stanford and McCaffrey expose Worshington for the 7-8 win team they are. You had just sneaked out of Arizona with a win after plowing through cream puffs and I was ready to watch the hard fall.

This was the first time I put eyes on your team this year and holy fucking shit. Yes, I shit my pants. FUCK ... all that speed. Lightening execution FUCK. I did not see it coming and I think I speak for a lot of people who were not familiar with what Worshington had this year.

Back to the 4* thing. Worshington had 3 in 2014, 4/2015, 7/2016 and 8 and counting this year. Tequilla already covered the 4* roster totals. Again, fucking brilliant. What I like about this is that as Worshington builds, USC weakens, which is good for us. Opposed to Oregon, I don't feel they were as big a threat to stealing recruits from USC. Oregon didn't seem to recruit trench type guys, linemen, DEs and linebackers. USC does. Stanford does not hurt anybody with their recruiting, especially us because academis is Poly kryptonite. For now, we have to try to win the south knowing we will not have the tie breaker against USC. This gets real fucking hard going forward because it's unlikely USC loses at least two conference games which means we have to run the table after a loss to USC. FUCK ... the best we've ever done is 6-3 in conference.

Fuck, I just depressed myself. Anyway, I like the comment about what a fan should expect out the program. I'm going to take that advice. I watch these guys as much as I can, paying attention to recruiting, attending the spring practices and going to the coaches shows and meeting many of them. They almost become sons to me, especially when I get to know/meet their parents. It's hard for me to be critical and I fall into the "oh they're trying so hard" shit. Thanks TSIO, I'm going to be putting these feelings in check.

I'm trying to gauge the coaching tier level for Whittingham. The fucker has done a hell of a lot with sub-Pac-12 talent. Our national total offense rankings since joining the Pac-12: 109th, 107th, 76th, 76th, 97th, 51st. Yet, we've controlled our own destiny to win the south 4 of those 6 years leading into the second to the last game of the year and fucked it away every time. Yet, we're one of the few programs that has been ranked in every single College Football Playoff ranking since it's inception. FUCK. I look at Petersen and what he's done in such a short time, but on the other hand, Utah ain't no Worshington. Patterson (TCU) seemed to have a smother transition from G5 to P5, but TCU is in one of the most fertile recruiting bases in the country. Could someone (outside of Meyer and Saban) have done a better job with Utah at this point?

Whittingham was was offered the Tennessee job a few years back, he's also been offered the USC job, supposedly twice. It would have been interesting to see what he could have accomplished. Arguably he still might do some serious damage here at Utah if we get this offense/QB enigma figured out. Since joining the Pac-12 in 2011, we have finished at the bottom of the league annually in passing yards — 12th in both 2011 and 2012, 10th in 2013, 12th again in 2014, 11th in 2015, and ninth in 2016.

@Tequilla are you proud of this long fucker?

Great POD, great Pac-12 talk on the bored, drink bleach, light yourself on fire and fuck off!

As Coker and I sext, what I realize is that we both feel pretty strongly that Utah has the second best coaching in the Pac: especially on D. If I wanted to make the most of my potential and for whatever reason I wasn't going to UW, I would definitely go to Utah.

I realized how much I respected them, when I realized that my advice for Joe Tryon were he my son is to go to Utah over any other place in the Pac (outside of UW).

The thing with Utah is they are going to have to tell these Utah kids to stop going to fucking BYU. If you guys can somehow start dominating your own state in recruiting things will change quickly.

It's the #1 opportunity for a Pac-12 team to change their stead IMO.

If Utah just hit on 60% of the top guys in Utah this year, they would be immediately a team with more talent than they've ever had. Think about that.

Utah has tons of talent for whatever reason and it's important they start converting on it.

Utah is the #2 state out west for talent production and if they could somehow own it... with Whittingham's coaching, watch out.
    I think you can partly thank this guy.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    Tequilla said:

Yes @89ute I'm impressed

Oh shit. I smell a rivalry with Teq brewing. I'll be scrolling my screen until my fingers bleed. FUUUUUUUUUCK.