Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We have a Sunday Woof

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Kim and Eklund have been saying for the last 2 weeks that UW would take Norgaard or Ford and be done at 2 OL. Now Kim says, " I guess they are still going after Ford. Things can change on a dime in recruiting."

More like, "we have no fucking clue and just throw shit out there"

$10.95 please?
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone know if it's the staff's ultimate goal to have 4 OL every class to balance things out? We took 2 last year iirc and will take 2-3 this year. Seems like with max 5 kids in two classes, you better hit on 4 of 5 of them.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    godawgst said:

Anyone know if it's the staff's ultimate goal to have 4 OL every class to balance things out? We took 2 last year iirc and will take 2-3 this year. Seems like with max 5 kids in two classes, you better hit on 4 of 5 of them.

When Strausser first got here he said they like 3 per year.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    I heard Strausser say he replaces with the amount that they lose. 4 leave they get 4. 3 leave they get 3. You know where I'm fucking going with this.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I heard Strausser say he replaces with the amount that they lose. 4 leave they get 4. 3 leave they get 3. You know where I'm fucking going with this.

Not really.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Baseman said:

Not really.
    Well shit! I'm not patient enough to explain. Sorry!

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Only Shelton and Kirkland are gone after 2017 as well (probably Adams too but who knows) so they'll probably take 2-3 for the 2018 class. Maaaaybe 4 but it looks like it's a subpar OL class for the Western USA.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2017
    HFNY said:

Only Shelton and Kirkland are gone after 2017 as well (probably Adams too but who knows) so they'll probably take 2-3 for the 2018 class. Maaaaybe 4 but it looks like it's a subpar OL class for the Western USA.

Exactly when has the "quality" of the west coast OL recruits ever impacted UWs OL class?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017
    Can someone tell me why in the fuck was John Turner this kids host? Can we pretend that we want this kid? For fuck sake why pair him a up with guy who has not seen the field?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I think I know what happened with Foster. Strausser said, "hey Foster let's play a couple games of ping pong, I win two out of thee and you pick UW." Foster laughs and says "whatever, sure you loser" Strausser not realizing even half Asians are far superior at ping pong gets smacked 3-0 and the rest is history.

I really wish this was a joke
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I think I know what happened with Foster. Strausser said, "hey Foster let's play a couple games of ping pong, I win two out of thee and you pick UW." Foster laughs and says "whatever, sure you loser" Strausser not realizing even half Asians are far superior at ping pong gets smacked 3-0 and the rest is history.

So......you think that's how it went down?
    No, I don't think the recruitment took place over a few games of ping pong ...

I do think that the track record of Strausser pulling in high end OL recruits suggests that his recruiting pitch is capable of being made over a game of ping pong.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I do think that the track record of Strausser pulling in high end OL recruits suggests that his recruiting pitch is capable of being made over a game of ping pong.
    So..... you do think it was a joke
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    Hey guys my sources are my sources, again just what I'm hearing happened.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm saying I don't give a shit whether it was a joke or not ...

Strausser needs to up his recruiting game ... that much should be obvious to all.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm saying I don't give a shit whether it was a joke or not ...

Strausser needs to up his recruiting game ... that much should be obvious to all.
    Oh........ok