Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Message from a soon-to-be former Hardcore Poster.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Just received this message from a guy (who shall remain anonymous) that I've interacted with over the years on DM and HH: "Just a quick personal note to say thanks for your perspectives on UW football over the years. I haven't always agreed with you, but I've appreciated your passion for the program. I had hoped this site would be a place to have fun discussing football, but even the few promising threads ultimately devolve into insults and name calling. While I certainly don't always agree with Kim, after hanging out here for a while, he has a point: some of the shtick gets old after a while. The older I get, the more I judge activities by whether I enjoy them, and I simply don't enjoy having my intelligence questioned by a bunch of internet idiots. Perhaps I will catch you in the future at another site somewhere between DM and HH. Anyway, carry on the good fight and feel free to drop an email if you want to discuss Dawgs."

The guy that sent me this note is NO fan of kim or any of the other jerks over at DM.

Look, I'm not going to advocate for people to be censored (like the d-bags that ruined DM), nor am I going to lecture anybody. I will only say that this website has the opportunity to become a REAL and UNFILTERED alternative to DM. The problem is that a few folks on here insist on turning threads into name-calling and 8th-grade-level cursing contests, or just an opportunity to 'zing' other people.

I'll be the first to say that at times I've been guilty of that BS as well.

I guess my only suggestion is that some folks should decide if they want this to become the website that ALL OF US have described at one time or another - a place of INTELLIGENT analysis where INTENSE criticism and UNSCRIPTED opinion is welcome - or do we want HH to be just a place of one-liners, biting insults, and contests to tear down others. I realize that it's often both, but I tend to agree with this guy that it tilts a little too much toward the latter.

Just a thought. Peace. Now fire away.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MAy e we need a special higher discussion board and a lower insult board.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    There's nothing intelligent to discuss about Husky football.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Seems ironic to complain about people on the Internet questioning your intelligence while also calling them idiots via the Internet.

I'm also not sure why he's so interested in talking football with people that he considers idiots.

In conclusion, if he'd like to jerk off to X's and O's talk he can email you. If he'd like to take the sand out of his vagina, start acting like a man and post here again then fuck off. We don't want him anyways.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,760
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Just because dawgman moderated itself to death, doesn't mean all moderation is bad.

This will strike a lot of people as hearsay, but the sexy avatars and threads about banging coeds might be be a good thing to axe. They don't scream intelligent husky football conversation. However, I do have a soft spot in my heart for lemon party jokes.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He appreciated your passion for the program.

Did you see what he did there?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Just because dawgman moderated itself to death, doesn't mean all moderation is bad.

This will strike a lot of people as hearsay, but the sexy avatars and threads about banging coeds might be be a good thing to axe. They don't scream intelligent husky football conversation. However, I do have a soft spot in my heart for lemon party jokes.

Having received numerous complaints about my last signature .gif (the hot tattoed girls ass in motion), I have decided to change it and make it more tasteful. You are welcome.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    There's a lot of truth to what he's saying, but dude needs to man up and post it on the bored himself. That's the beauty of this hellhole, you're allowed to say what you think whether it is kissing the asses of the admins and core contributors or not. PM'ing someone to complain about not liking certain content is exactly how a few idiots ruined the Dawgman that we mutually hate.

Man up or shut up.

P.S. Vashon's ryk
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

There's nothing intelligent to discuss about Husky football.

Hope this helps.

Boobs is write. Status quo defines Husky football. That is what is most frustrating to me, because absent losing out nothing substantive is likely to change with the coaching staff, especially at HC.

I wish it weren't so, but I only see WA being a middling PAC12 team as long as Sark is HC. Given the resources he has available, Sark's performance is worse than mediocre; its is negligent.

I am exasperated. At least here, the good (often crude) humor and banter eases the frustration.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Agreed. Less chicks, more gay stuff. Chrisvashon you seem to keep getting pissed about not enough bow downs at Washington.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TheGlove said:

if we are going to start bashing sexy avatars and "banging coeds", I'm out.

FO,G
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    edited October 2013
    class="Quote" rel="monroecougdad">

Can we get a higher level banging coeds forum here?

How do you think we matchup with ASU?