Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How pathetic is this team and coach. Truly fucking pathetic

Does anyone actually give a shit, though?

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I think it's time to LIPO for the season ... it is what it is for this season ... it's a loss season that's FUBAR

When Cohen took the job, I said that one of the big things that she'll be judged on in my eyes is what she does with the basketball program going forward.

I'm more interested in what happens AFTER the season than anything that is happening during at this point.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The biggest doog comment at this point outside of recruiting is his NBA resume. The sad part is that he's an NCAA coach, not NBDL.

So far this game hasn't impressed either way. Kal looks like shit. UW has had moments of looking better and then go back to terrible.

Really, another thing people should look at beyond the couple studs romar has recruited is the complete waste of space for most of the roster. Timmons may struggle in the WCC. Dickerson and Thybylle seem to have the most potential but there are zero half court plays to utilize their skills. Well, that and that would require the guards to actually have an assist.

Fultz is fun to watch and worth tuning in for. Just watch the rest for comedy.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Cohen can read a balance sheet she should have already made up her mind. Unless they win the Pac-12 tourney by some miracle, they are going to miss the tourney for the 6th straight year.

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

If Cohen can read a balance sheet she should have already made up her mind. Unless they win the Pac-12 tourney by some miracle, they are going to miss the tourney for the 6th straight year.

She'll need to make a statement at some point and I know said statement is going to piss me off since it won't just be the generic vote of confidence that precedes a firing. It will be her saying Romar will be retained another year and that will be when I self-immolate
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I've gotten myself to the point that the season once again is lost and it really comes down to evaluating the actions at the end of the year with regards to the program. The status quo obviously isn't a working one going forward.

There are obviously a lot of different considerations in play between on court performance, budget issues, etc. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

godawgst said:

She'll need to make a statement at some point and I know said statement is going to piss me off since it won't just be the generic vote of confidence that precedes a firing. It will be her saying Romar will be retained another year and that will be when I self-immolate
    There is no statement she can make in support of Romar other than the "what a great ambassador of the program he is, his kids graduate, etc line" and even she knows that's not going to cut it at this point.

IMO the only people who would come in and over ride her are the bor's or the UW pres, and I don't think they any of them have a strong enough opinion on Romar one way or the other.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    But then we? will lose Porter Jr next year. We can't risk that. Or his brother the next year. If Romar doesn't make the NCAAs by then, he should get at least 2 more years to right the ship. He's a good man.
  • Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    Can someone make sure that the recruits and guys signed for next year aren't watching this game. It's so pathetic that I'm starting to laugh.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    edited January 2017
    It's nice to know this UW team has already secured it's spot in the postseason: Watching TV in the HUB.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It amazes me how many people out there think that the logical move here is to fire Romar and hire Brandon Roy.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Things are really starting to look up over at hec ed. Proud of these kids. Proud of the staff. Go dawgs
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

It amazes me how many people out there think that the logical move here is to fire Romar and hire Brandon Roy.

There is a reason Damon staudimire is still working his way up the ranks at pacific. You don't get the keys to a pac12 school after the rough and tough Nathan hale schedule
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    GTFO

Next.

Its not hard.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It actually makes sense on a few levels. The most important being that it's about the only way Cohen can get away with showing Romar the door. Either Romar grits his teeth and celebrates Roy getting the job, or not and noc because another husky legend is taking the reins.