Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RESULTS: 3rd Annual Jesse Callier Post-Collegiate Impact Ranking

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017

Houhusky said:

In what universe is Sidney not a fucking 5?

10 years from now my syphilitic riddled mush of a mind will remember Ossai, Center and Buttah Baker... Not sydney jones.

Jones was amazing, Im not saying he wasn't a pivotal part of this years team and a possible future pro bowl player, but to me, part of being a 5 star was would they be remembered by casual faggy fans 5-8 years from now for their impact...

I also did this while drunk, so, w/e
    Any fan that doesn't remember Sidney motherfuckin Jones 10 years from now deserves Owen 12 until the end of time.
    My point stands since that is our entire fucking fan base
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I want to give some slack to psalms. How drunk was sark when he decided the 6'2" 210lb guy would be good for the dline?

I know he decided full backs were gay the moment he saw wooching. Shoulda had him play running back cause atleast when he ran into the ol ass he would have pushed them forward for a short gain.

Fuuuuucck.

Jaff lunderquest as well.

Shit I want to see those two play running back would have been less shitty then lavon and Dwayne.

Watch both psalm and lumberquest be like that other fucker merkle reece who is an allpro full back now.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2017
    Didnt you in years past post everyone's individual votes in a spreadsheet ?
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sorry about giving Crane a 2, must of confused him with someone who played.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    kh83 said:

Didnt you in years past post everyone's individual votes in a spreadsheet ?

Yeah we'll get that done
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I got a shoutout!

I like to ejaculate to Mathis' potential as much as anyone but he was a 1 up until this year.

His three conference games before breaking his feet (allegedly) get him to a 2.

If he had played at the level he did against Stanford for a whole season he might have gotten to a 4.

I can't argue with the logic ...

Prior to this year he was the definition of inconsistent ... he'd show glimpses and then disappear for a bit.

A player that definitely shows the importance of redshirting players ...

He was the toughest player for me to evaluate because his peaks were at a 4 to 5 level ... but his inability to sustain that performance for various reasons to me puts him more in the 3 range of being an average PAC starter.
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

I got a shoutout!

I like to ejaculate to Mathis' potential as much as anyone but he was a 1 up until this year.

His three conference games before breaking his feet (allegedly) get him to a 2.

If he had played at the level he did against Stanford for a whole season he might have gotten to a 4.

If he payed at that level. He might have been an all american candidate. He was a monster at the stanford and the oregon game.
    Yeah, if he played all year he was a 5. As far as I am concerned this isn't about your entire career but your maximum contribution (over some nebulous amount of time). Just because you're on the bench for a long time doesn't mean you don't later become an essential part of the team.

Gardenhire getting passed is a testament to how good others are, not a lack of contribution from him. Gardenhire was good last year hence the 4.
    This just shows how different players can be viewed very differently based on each individual's individual contribution level.

I do generally agree that as the overall talent on a team gets better it will be harder to evaluate players that are more role players and contribute as backups and on special teams.

I agree with you that Gardenhire got passed in 2016 and contributed in 2015 ... but one of my considerations that I look at is whether the player progressed or not. I don't give credit to a player for simply starting because that's basically a participation award. But I do expect players to grow from year to year and really look at players from the standpoint of All-American caliber, conference caliber, average starter, depth player, non-contributor.
  • Options

Also fuck all you bitches that don't think Kevin King is a fucking 5. He was my favorite player on the team. It is a fucking travesty that he was not all conference. Dude covered, played the fucking run and made plays on special teams.

King's an all conference caliber player ... for me that is a 4

All-American caliber player is how I view a 5 ... he's not quite at that level.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sidney MOTHER FUCKING Jones: 4.95 Rating; +1.95 diff. Almost a unanimous 5, maybe @HelfrichFamilyVan, @Houhusky, and @steelheader2 wanted him to play QB and return kicks and punts too, to earn that 5. You dumb-asses.

I prefer the term "simpleton."

As an arbitrary starting point, I thought of my 4 as an all-conference player and my 5 as an all-american. I went back and forth a lot on both King and SMFJ, who are clearly elite players and were clearly essential to our defense (not to mention the culture of the program in general). In the end, the anchoring bias won.

Psalm got an automatic +1 from me for the unintentional comedy. If this isn't a worthy contribution to the program, I don't know what is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf31UepfyY4
    That music cracks me up. After watching that, I gotta admit that Psalm got a lot better.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    This is just classic confirmation bias.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I gave Mathis a 5 because the raw impact his performance in the Stanford/Oregon games had on the entire season was program changing stuff.

So many things needed to get crossed off the list this year to announce "we're back" and Joe Mathis was the catalyst to a lot of the successes.

We saw how terrible the pass rush was without him. He set the tone on national TV that we carried all the way to the playoff.

Dean Crane as a 2 I don't know, fuck me.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Also fuck all you bitches that don't think Kevin King is a fucking 5. He was my favorite player on the team. It is a fucking travesty that he was not all conference. Dude covered, played the fucking run and made plays on special teams.

King's an all conference caliber player ... for me that is a 4

All-American caliber player is how I view a 5 ... he's not quite at that level.
    @Tequilla I get your point, but King is my baby. He is a 5 in my eyes. I wish we had more players like him on the team.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    Who is P-Salm going with for a draft agent? What do you think his self assigned grade is? 3rd rounder?

#LOB #steelcurtain
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    Renfro did a huge solid by leaving to deal with his depression. Good move from the kid. If he stayed, the soft-as-fuck Times would've done further follow ups to the big story they did, talked about safe-spaces for athletes, humanized Renfro, Pete & Hamdan for their off-the-field compassion, and the disconnect and distractions could've rivaled the ridiculousness, phony compassion and BS "integrity" of the Willingham era. Fuck that shit. If you can't play and give it your best, turn in your jersey and go deal with your stuff the right way, without being a distraction. Bumped him at least 2 points for that.