Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Marinerization of Husky Football spells Doom for the Future

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageThe Marinerization of Husky Football spells Doom for the Future

Derek Johnson's first trip to the newly remodeled Husky Stadium was a mixed bag. While impressed with the stadium's beauty and elegance, Johnson says its the people in charge of the program and game day experience that continue to cause concern.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Is this article from now or 2003?
  • Is this article from now or 2003?

Sad how if you listen to an old podcast from Race and iDawg(who?) in let's say 2007 after the Oregon game it totally relates to today.

NOTHING has changed. Only reason we have winning records now is because Larry Scott invited Colorado and Utah into our league, Pool Boy watered down our schedule as well. This product is no closer to making a Rose Bowl trip than any of the Ty years.
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    I thought 2013 was going to be special. No?

I thought 2013 was going to be special. No?

Not the case. Our fans are cool as long as we get FREE PUB! from Gameday and lots of time to booze.

Time for you to clean up the AD already.
  • When we finish 9-4 Doogs will consider that "special".

RIP Washington.

When we finish 9-4 Doogs will consider that "special".

RIP Washington.

If you can't see that 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 because UW softened up the OOC schedule and won a crap bowl in the 2013 season, no one can help you.

post from the future.
  • When we finish 9-4 Doogs will consider that "special".

RIP Washington.

If you can't see that 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 because UW softened up the OOC schedule and won a crap bowl in the 2013 season, no one can help you.

post from the future.
    Plus I'm hearing from some in here that now 2014 is the year. NO EXCUSES!

Until the team starts to suck then I'll make up a bunch of EXCUSES while talking in the 3rd person while proclaiming that I demand NO EXCUSES!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Sounds like you need to jump on the Seahawks bandwagon.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    ya but, Derek Will Ferrell was in the crowd.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    "Doublespeak bullshit" is Sarkspeak (ala George Orwell's 1984).

Sarkspeak IS Washington football.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    when this duxks win streak started, my Dad was still alive. I looked over the series record, and while the last 10 years are,... oh, gone,... there is at least some comfort in the fact of a long term Washington win/loss advantage, and a 17-3 record during James' years. Still, I'm about ready to give my left nut to see a victory.
  • DawgGrad95DawgGrad95 Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2013
    I couldn't agree more with the stupid dance cam and that hokey movie montage? Really, we're going to get pumped up with Yoda and an imaginary coach from a completely different school? We don't have enough Husky football highlights to get the team amp'd (not that they should need it)?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

RIP Washington.

I haven't seen any of the "special" bullshit lately, but I have seen Kim talking about how we just aren't quite there yet, but it is a lot better than Tyrone. His emails from back then remind him how much Sark has accomplished.

RIP Washington.

I haven't seen any of the "special" bullshit lately, but I have seen Kim talking about how we just aren't quite there yet, but it is a lot better than Tyrone. His emails from back then remind him how much Sark has accomplished.

Seems like yesterday that Kim said after ASJ comes back from suspension, the offense would be "scary".

RIP Washington.

Seems like yesterday that Kim said after ASJ comes back from suspension, the offense would be "scary".
    Who or where is ASJ?
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Clear sign of distress. The scary part is this happened before the game even started. I like to say scary.

Why is the flag upside down in the picture?

RIP Washington.

Who or where is ASJ?
    Who?
    Why would you give me that question?
    Is he on the team?
    Your eyes are as good as mine.

RIP Washington.

Who or where is ASJ?
    Who?
    Why would you give me that question?
    Is he on the team?
    Your eyes are as good as mine.
    Who's on first.

Damone, I probably should have just posted the question without quoting your comments. I intended a rhetorical question about our All-American TE who is MIA.
    edited October 2013
    Tailgater said:

When I told my son in Mill creek that I'd decided not to come over for the Oregon game, he seemed disappointed since I'd indicated to him after the BSU game that I planned on attending. He'd forgotten that I'd conditioned my attending the Oregon game on the Huskies beating Stanford the previous week. I don't know and didn't ask if he was disappointed that we would not be going to a game in Husky Stadium together or that my attending and taking three grandsons with me would allow him to stay home. I hope it was the former, since the grandsons have never seen UW beat Oregon, at least not that they can remember and thus as dedicated Huskyfans, they will always want to attend just in case the upset should ever happen....... and their dad should be there to experience such an event with his sons.

My oldest son just turned 50 and he and I have a history of attending HS football games as well as Husky games together. It really got going when I was working at Hanford in 1970,-71, and -72, living in Richland, and the boy and I would drive over early Saturday morning, eat a lunch out of the tailgate of my Datsun 510 wagon, and drive home in the evening after the game,...... which more often than not thanks to Sonny Sixkiller and crew was a win. That was great father-son bonding while enjoying pure fun even better than our salmon fishing trips to La push and Westport later after we moved back to Seattle. Those memories always keep me reminded of how much we have lost with the destruction of Husky Football at the hands of incompetent management under indifferent UW administration over the past ten years. Unless drastic change somehow falls on us like a surprise tsunami, Huskies may never feast on Crispy or Peking duck again.

Sounds like your son went to husky games with his dad on crisp fall afternoons.

I think the first year I really started going to UW games, UW went 1-10.