Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

QBS

2»

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

I simply do not understand how Petersen, who is a true offensive tactician, hasn't embraced the simple mathematical advantage that having a QB that is a true threat in the running game gives an offense.

Clemson's passing offense is stunningly simple. They utilize relatively few concepts. But so much of it is based on RPOs and tags off of running plays, that even a defense like Bama's struggles with it. And the use of the QB in the running game helps to even the numbers up, or even give the offense a mathematical advantage (based on reading at least one defender, and often two) on basically every run.

I suspect the reason Petersen hasn't embraced it is because of the risk to the QB posed by carrying the ball a lot. I don't think that is a big enough concern not to take full advantage, but I guess he does.

Of course having really good receivers helps too.

For every Watson, there are a ton of shitty dual-threat quarterbacks.
    A QB can be both at the same time?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    tvoie said:

You guys are fucking morons.

We tried to sign Braxton Burmeister (who is a mobile QB) but he told us (like every other QB prospect that's dad isn't a prof at UW) to go fuck ourselves.

We tried to get Skinny last year.

We just try to sign good QBs. Jake Sirmon is a big kid with a big arm and some mobility. In '19 we'll get Jake Heaps II because he'll fall into our lap and we can't sign anyone decent who doesn't.

Jake Heaps II = Dylan Morris?

How can UW possibly struggle to find a QB is my question? Is it simply Smith and his social retardation?
    Yes.