Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

QBS

It's pretty clear we? need a black QB ( yes ik ISAFRNC)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

This makes me happy
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Bridge Gadd is going to surprise some people. Browning won't hand the ball off straight to Sirmon.

Agree

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Remind me: He's speedy, right?
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012

Remind me: He's speedy, right?

I think he runs a 4.9
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

I simply do not understand how Petersen, who is a true offensive tactician, hasn't embraced the simple mathematical advantage that having a QB that is a true threat in the running game gives an offense.

Clemson's passing offense is stunningly simple. They utilize relatively few concepts. But so much of it is based on RPOs and tags off of running plays, that even a defense like Bama's struggles with it. And the use of the QB in the running game helps to even the numbers up, or even give the offense a mathematical advantage (based on reading at least one defender, and often two) on basically every run.

I suspect the reason Petersen hasn't embraced it is because of the risk to the QB posed by carrying the ball a lot. I don't think that is a big enough concern not to take full advantage, but I guess he does.

Of course having really good receivers helps too.

I doubt Petersen is against running QB's, but he's definitely not a huge proponent either. That said, running QB's that can't read defenses and throw get exploited. Even if they play for Alabama.

Petersen seems to be too ingrained to the Kellen Moore/ Browning fuck size and arm strength if they are cerebral QB's. It matters. Sirmon will hopefully break the mold.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,990
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

I simply do not understand how Petersen, who is a true offensive tactician, hasn't embraced the simple mathematical advantage that having a QB that is a true threat in the running game gives an offense.

Clemson's passing offense is stunningly simple. They utilize relatively few concepts. But so much of it is based on RPOs and tags off of running plays, that even a defense like Bama's struggles with it. And the use of the QB in the running game helps to even the numbers up, or even give the offense a mathematical advantage (based on reading at least one defender, and often two) on basically every run.

I suspect the reason Petersen hasn't embraced it is because of the risk to the QB posed by carrying the ball a lot. I don't think that is a big enough concern not to take full advantage, but I guess he does.

Of course having really good receivers helps too.

That was offense is great with deshaun Watson. Lots,of running qbs suck though too. See the Arizona schools or Utah.

I agree our offense should be simplified though whether or not the qb runs.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    AIRWOLF said:

Of course having a shitty dual-threat QB isn't helpful. Just like having a shitty drop back passer isn't.

I am not going to go all Tequilla and write a dissertation here, but utilizing the QB in the running game using read concepts and RPOs fundamentally alters the basic run blocking math from being a clear advantage for the defense to a draw or even an advantage for the offense.

When you have a swift running QB who's good at it. We don't. All JB could do is step back and throw late. Twas a shit-show against good Ds.

I guess you sorta said that. My hate-filled Smiff-must-die rage temporarily Gpa Sankey'd me.
  • Options
    Why aren't we hearing about these two QB prospects: http://www.hudl.com/profile/4057094/nathaniel-holcomb
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/3983025/drew-tingstad

Holcomb throws beautiful bbs 50 yds downfield, has great mobility and quickness. I believe he lead the 4A in WA with the most yards and threw 10 touchdowns in one game.

Tingstad is 6-3 220lbs, has great vision and pocket mobility, a strong arm, throws well on the run and is ice fucking cool under pressure. He was at or near the top in several 3A categories.

Coker? You're the tbs expert: Why are we threading about Sirmon, Burmeister, and a bunch of sub-200 lb. skinny QBs, but not these guys right in our backyard?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Burmeister sux. Sirmon has fucking cannon for an arm.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Burmeister sux. Sirmon has fucking cannon for an arm.

Sirmon looks fine. But there hasn't been good depth at QB in decades. Yet, there are some pretty good QBs in this area who never played for Skyline - the much-hyped factory that produced All-World Jake Heaps and Max Brown. And how the fuck was Lindquist ever an Elite 11 QB in HS?

Conclusion: The QB tbs'ing industry has about a FS success rate at identifying future great QBs.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In today's game you can't have a statue at qb, unless you plan on having Stanford's OL blocking up front.

I thought at the beginning of the year Jake would be good enough to slide away and escape when the pocket broke down. He was against shitty teams but it didn't matter as they are shitty. Against the good ones he wasn't.

? for me will be can another year in the weight room, coupled with more experience give Jake the tools necessary to be able to do that.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited January 2017
    You guys are fucking morons.

We tried to sign Braxton Burmeister (who is a mobile QB) but he told us (like every other QB prospect that's dad isn't a prof at UW) to go fuck ourselves.

We tried to get Skinny last year.

We just try to sign good QBs. Jake Sirmon is a big kid with a big arm and some mobility. In '19 we'll get Jake Heaps II because he'll fall into our lap and we can't sign anyone decent who doesn't.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996

We tried to sign Braxton Burmeister (who is a mobile QB) but he told us (like every other QB prospect that's dad isn't a prof at UW) to go fuck ourselves.

We just try to sign good QBs. Jake Sirmon is a big kid with a big arm and some mobility. In '19 we'll get Jake Heaps II because he'll fall into our lap and we can't sign anyone decent who doesn't.

Jake Heaps II = Dylan Morris?

How can UW possibly struggle to find a QB is my question? Is it simply Smith and his social retardation?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,990
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

does this mean Dylan Morris Sucks like Jake heaps? If so I am out.