Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bump Worthy

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/19821/nigel-goss/p1

I saw NWG scored 36 in his last game and had to bring it to this board.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2017
    I've seen a few of their games. He's pretty damn good. Love watching Karnowski play.

Also this is the best GU team since at least the 2006 Morrison/Ravio/Batista squad that choked vs UCLA. They are probably going to run the table and enter the tournament at 33-0 and the #1 overall seed. Then they'll lose in the round of 32.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It's still funny how the Romar lovers spun the situation of every player leaving the team (except Andrews) into a positive thing. "Romar got dealt a bad hand and is cleaning house to bring in Seattle kids because that's who he wins with."

When the entire team quits on your coach, you fire him. Now we're seeing it happen again. Whether Romar stays or goes, half of his current team will leave after the season.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

I've seen a few of their games. He's pretty damn good. Love watching Karnowski play.

Also this is the best GU team since at least the 2006 Morrison/Ravio/Batista squad that choked vs UCLA. They are probably going to run the table and enter the tournament at 33-0 and the #1 overall seed. Then they'll lose in the round of 32.

I think they make it further. They look good.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Zags will lose in the West Regional Final to UCLA
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/19821/nigel-goss/p1

I saw NWG scored 36 in his last game and had to bring it to this board.

You only post when you're right................

In all reality, the guy has done well so far and done many of the things we all talked about in that thread. He needs to take his year off and shoot better(his stats are up for FG, 3Pt and FT%). Tip of the cap to him going to a program that may actually help players develop. Nothing about NWG is unreal NBA guy, but he does appear to be fitting into GU quite well.

One of my main complaints was his inability to shoot consistently and GU would need that for him to play. He has held up that end of the bargain, which again is a credit to him. Kudo's to him getting out of the dumpster fire in seattle, going to a winning(and developing staff). I hope the guy does well and continues to take some shots at romar along the way.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

They are better. Morrison was a black hole. This Gonzaga team is more balanced and shares the ball.

And far fewer white guys.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is a GOOD Gonzaga team.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The writing was on the wall about 4 years ago for all to see. At this point in time, those still defending Romar are the absolute doogliest of doogs that ever doog'd. It's completely mind-boggling to me both the length that doogs will go to defend this guy and the amount of talent he's wasted over the years. Just off the top of my head...he's put Nate, B.Roy, Will (played NBA mins), Spencer, Pondexter, Dentmon (Dleague MVP, most 10day contracts in NBA history), IT, TRoss, Wilcox, Wroten, Holiday, Murray, Chriss, Fultz (this year, Romar's 15th, is already lost). Hell, you could field an NBA roster comprised solely of UW players under Romar.

Yet, he's only made the tournament (the top 70 fucking teams in the country) 6 times in 15 years. Essentially once every 2.5 years. With 14 total NBA players. And what might be the fact that most captures his ineptness as a coach: he has never made the NCAA tournament without a future NBA All-star capable of putting up 50 points on a given night in the league. He is a joke.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I really don't know how you couldn't fire Romar after reading NWG's quote in the Seattle Times.

"At Gonzaga we scout the other team. We watch film."

I don't understand how each player on UW doesn't have a page or two breakdown on every rotation player of the opponent. I'm curious if they self scout and keep track of how players shoot from different areas of the floor. It sounds crazy but I doubt it.

Roll the ball Romar was seen as a racist comment by Few years ago, but it was dead on.

Bleenor used to say we didn't have time to implement inbounds plays if we wanted to practice defense. Of all his stupid comments this is at the top. I'm pretty sure Louisville (a somewhat similar style to UW, just actually well coached) has inbounds plays. It takes 5 min of practice time. You drill then during scrimmages.
  • Options

I really don't know how you couldn't fire Romar after reading NWG's quote in the Seattle Times.

I don't understand how each player on UW doesn't have a page or two breakdown on every rotation player of the opponent. I'm curious if they self scout and keep track of how players shoot from different areas of the floor. It sounds crazy but I doubt it.

Roll the ball Romar was seen as a racist comment by Few years ago, but it was dead on.

Bleenor used to say we didn't have time to implement inbounds plays if we wanted to practice defense. Of all his stupid comments this is at the top. I'm pretty sure Louisville (a somewhat similar style to UW, just actually well coached) has inbounds plays. It takes 5 min of practice time. You drill then during scrimmages.

I know for a fact that Romar scouted the other team and preped his players.

I attended a practice a few years back and they were running through UCLA's high post offense and how they would attack it on defense.

Likewise, they walked through their offensive game plan against UCLA and their bigs (Josh Smith was there, and maybe Reeves Nelson too, I'm not gonna look it up).

A few days later, they beat UCLA in LA. I was at the game (right after our BIG Holiday Bowl win over classy Nebraska) and could see the strategy at work.

Not sure what has happened since then, but I have a hard time believing that Romar just stopped prepping for opponents. That seems pretty basic.

All that said, fire his ass already and hire Gregg Marshall.

I support coach Romar.
  • Options
    Jesus - Gregg Marshall at UW should scare the shit out of every coach in the country. But he's too tough for the 206 round ballers and their entourages.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Jesus - Gregg Marshall at UW should scare the shit out of every coach in the country. But he's too tough for the 206 round ballers and their entourages.

Fuck the 206
  • Options

Fuck the 206
  • Options

I'm sure they scout and watch film. There is just a difference between what is done with Romar and his staff vs Few. Tommy Lloyd has been like a 2nd coach. They don't have the luxury of out-athleting teams. I would say the biggest difference in Romar of other years and the last few is that he seems to just be absent on the sidelines.

Call it loss of fire, complacency, etc but his teams have been even beyond "rollball" for a while. They used to have fire and tenacious defense and actually had a decent motion offense. It was mainly they couldn't get set plays if their motion was shut down. The last few years has been horrible basketball IQ, terrible decisions, no leadership and worst of all completely utter lack of defense.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm sure they scout and watch film. There is just a difference between what is done with Romar and his staff vs Few. Tommy Lloyd has been like a 2nd coach. They don't have the luxury of out-athleting teams. I would say the biggest difference in Romar of other years and the last few is that he seems to just be absent on the sidelines.

Call it loss of fire, complacency, etc but his teams have been even beyond "rollball" for a while. They used to have fire and tenacious defense and actually had a decent motion offense. It was mainly they couldn't get set plays if their motion was shut down. The last few years has been horrible basketball IQ, terrible decisions, no leadership and worst of all completely utter lack of defense.

Lloyd has the foreign connections and recruits. If you guys ever met him or heard him speak you would realize he is basically retarded and stop saying he's a 2nd coach. He's a Dick Baird of basketball.
  • Options

Lloyd has the foreign connections and recruits. If you guys ever met him or heard him speak you would realize he is basically retarded and stop saying he's a 2nd coach. He's a Dick Baird of basketball.
    disagree.
  • Options

disagree.
    Yup. Completely disagree.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Unfortunately this is true ... Seattle basketball has gone downhill big time IMO as everything is rat ball BS