Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bump Worthy

2»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I really don't know how you couldn't fire Romar after reading NWG's quote in the Seattle Times.

"At Gonzaga we scout the other team. We watch film."

I don't understand how each player on UW doesn't have a page or two breakdown on every rotation player of the opponent. I'm curious if they self scout and keep track of how players shoot from different areas of the floor. It sounds crazy but I doubt it.

Roll the ball Romar was seen as a racist comment by Few years ago, but it was dead on.

Bleenor used to say we didn't have time to implement inbounds plays if we wanted to practice defense. Of all his stupid comments this is at the top. I'm pretty sure Louisville (a somewhat similar style to UW, just actually well coached) has inbounds plays. It takes 5 min of practice time. You drill then during scrimmages.

I'm sure they scout and watch film. There is just a difference between what is done with Romar and his staff vs Few. Tommy Lloyd has been like a 2nd coach. They don't have the luxury of out-athleting teams. I would say the biggest difference in Romar of other years and the last few is that he seems to just be absent on the sidelines.

Call it loss of fire, complacency, etc but his teams have been even beyond "rollball" for a while. They used to have fire and tenacious defense and actually had a decent motion offense. It was mainly they couldn't get set plays if their motion was shut down. The last few years has been horrible basketball IQ, terrible decisions, no leadership and worst of all completely utter lack of defense.

Lloyd has the foreign connections and recruits. If you guys ever met him or heard him speak you would realize he is basically retarded and stop saying he's a 2nd coach. He's a Dick Baird of basketball.
    Sounds like you like coaches that are full of sizzle