Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nick Ford (2017, OL, Cali) Offered

2»

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    isn't he a lock to cal tho?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Is @SonnyDykes still their coach?
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Shouldn't Molden and Jack Sirmon be heading to Eugene?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

I thought he was like legacy Cal or something?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,606
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Reel in this road grader. He appears to be nasty. The UW oline needs additional nasty.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dhdawg said:

He is. That's why UW was his favorite team growing up.

His dads lost to UW every time he played us.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dhdawg said:

@jamesosborne1959 true?!?!
  • Options

dhdawg said:

is it one of those daddy wasn't there type an issue ?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Only that someone said the roster is at 84 with the current commits included and a few more offers have gone out the last few weeks (including at least one after word came that Vea was considering the Pros).
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Per BBK and Nick Harris, if you fucking love Ford, that means I should fucking hate him.

Ok I kid, I kid.

Reading between the lines with some of these offers, it sounds like Vea is probably gone too.

AIRWOLF said:

Strong, plays with some hate in his heart. Guard?

Not the best offer list.
    http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Nick-Ford-96310/RecruitInterests

His offer list is generally low end Pac-12 and below. Having only watched his highlights, I don't really see why he isn't a bit better regarded than that.

If this was a typical late Sark offer, I'd assume the guy has terrible grades, a shit attitude, or takes tons of plays off. Or all of the above! But Petersen doesn't offer guys like that. So I am a bit nonplussed.
    One thing to remember is that as a junior he was like 6-2 and sucked. He's grown really quickly.

I fucking love him.

I think if you are just going on senior tape, he's a 4-star kid.

Unlike our buttfucked OL recruiting, though, a lot of top tier P12 schools had a bunch of great players they were on or had committed prior to the season.

Would I rather have the class we SHOULD'VE had? Fozzy, AVT and Henry? Of course.

But these aren't fucking Coleman Shelton asswipes. These are the kind of kids big time schools take when they don't get their front line guys: rare humans with rare physical ability.

If we can coach worth a shit on the OL (we probably can) guys like Norgaard and Ford hit more often than miss and people are like "where the fuck did this guy come from?"
    What is your logic on Vita being gone?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    HFNY said:

Only that someone said the roster is at 84 with the current commits included and a few more offers have gone out the last few weeks (including at least one after word came that Vea was considering the Pros).

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Per BBK and Nick Harris, if you fucking love Ford, that means I should fucking hate him.

Ok I kid, I kid.

Reading between the lines with some of these offers, it sounds like Vea is probably gone too.

AIRWOLF said:

Not the best offer list.

His offer list is generally low end Pac-12 and below. Having only watched his highlights, I don't really see why he isn't a bit better regarded than that.

If this was a typical late Sark offer, I'd assume the guy has terrible grades, a shit attitude, or takes tons of plays off. Or all of the above! But Petersen doesn't offer guys like that. So I am a bit nonplussed.
    One thing to remember is that as a junior he was like 6-2 and sucked. He's grown really quickly.

I fucking love him.

Unlike our buttfucked OL recruiting, though, a lot of top tier P12 schools had a bunch of great players they were on or had committed prior to the season.

Would I rather have the class we SHOULD'VE had? Fozzy, AVT and Henry? Of course.

But these aren't fucking Coleman Shelton asswipes. These are the kind of kids big time schools take when they don't get their front line guys: rare humans with rare physical ability.

If we can coach worth a shit on the OL (we probably can) guys like Norgaard and Ford hit more often than miss and people are like "where the fuck did this guy come from?"
    not at the same position.

these offers could easily be moving on from guys like jackson/sarrell/johnson or a response to transfers, retirements, etc
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Ok I kid, I kid.

AIRWOLF said:

Not the best offer list.

I fucking love him.

There's also attrition that isn't accounted for anywhere
    I like to call that GTFO
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

dhdawg said:

HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Ok I kid, I kid.

AIRWOLF said:

Not the best offer list.

I fucking love him.

not at the same position.

these offers could easily be moving on from guys like jackson/sarrell/johnson or a response to transfers, retirements, etc
    You don't really recruit the same position though. It's not like "oh we lost a DT, now we have to go get a DT"
    I've never seen another staff that is closer to doing exactly that.
  • Options
    Any word when this fucker has an OV at UW? I hope the nazi don't fuck it up
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Any word when this fucker has an OV at UW? I hope the nazi don't fuck it up

Who are you?