Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump on intelligence

2»

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

I just happy that democrats like Hondo now believe everything the intelligence agencies say. Dissent is treason. Go along and do what you're told

Bush never lied so nobody died

This whole Trump thing has really highlighted for me that everyone is the exact same idiot. The people you agree with always seem smarter because you think they're smart because they agree with you. But really they're dumb assholes just like the other side. First Bush was Hitler, then Obama was Hitler, now Trump is Hitler. This side fear mongers, then that side fear mongers. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Basically, everyone sucks at arguing. No one can actually make their point. So everyone just repeats the same arguments the other side was making when they were in same position.
    A few things I am happy with so far...

Trump wants to keep preexisting conditions for the new health care act

Trump is serious about bringing jobs to this country

Trump supports auditing the Fed.

Get rid of the mandate ASAP and sort out the rest. The mandate is perhaps the only thing done in my lifetime by the government that had an actual negative effect on me. I hate it

The country is going to want some kind of (fill in the blank) care. We are too far down the road. If we could come up with something intelligent that would be cool
    Explain how that is.
    He had to pay the $425 fine for not having Health insurance.

Because why would anyone in their 60's need to have health insurance???
    Its the fine and the limiting of the options on the type of insurance and the jack up of the cost that mattered when I was poor for a couple of years and my employer wouldn't offer insurance anymore.

As a 60 year old I want catastrophic care only. I don't run to the doctor every time I get a cold.

I really don't need to have health insurance. Unless I need it. Then no matter if I wait until the aids is full blown they have to give it to me right? And we wonder why costs didn't go down.

Hard to figure.

The mandate is un American on its face and Roberts should have been impeached for his fucktarded decision.

Fine is a bit more than 400 bucks for folks like me that are no longer poor
    So you make over $400k a year?

Also, you can still get a high deductible. I'm on a high deductible HSA. It's also used as another method of deferred comp as the HSA is not use it or lose it.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

I just happy that democrats like Hondo now believe everything the intelligence agencies say. Dissent is treason. Go along and do what you're told

This whole Trump thing has really highlighted for me that everyone is the exact same idiot. The people you agree with always seem smarter because you think they're smart because they agree with you. But really they're dumb assholes just like the other side. First Bush was Hitler, then Obama was Hitler, now Trump is Hitler. This side fear mongers, then that side fear mongers. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Basically, everyone sucks at arguing. No one can actually make their point. So everyone just repeats the same arguments the other side was making when they were in same position.
    Exactly

I was for the war in Iraq and believed the 27 intelligence agencies. Now I don't.

And really, I never should have. But I am as dumb as anyone. Except hondo
    this is true

I think most of the shit he's done or proposed like his tax plan are downright crazy.

But the representatives he picked for trade do seem to actually suggest he's serious about fixing trade.

He'd be the first president in a long time.

We'll see though, the rest of his cabinet is gung ho for TPP.

He does need to step up and say that he will be following through on his promise and will veto any bill that cuts medicare and SS, which he has yet to do
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited January 2017

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

Get rid of the mandate ASAP and sort out the rest. The mandate is perhaps the only thing done in my lifetime by the government that had an actual negative effect on me. I hate it

The country is going to want some kind of (fill in the blank) care. We are too far down the road. If we could come up with something intelligent that would be cool
    Explain how that is.
    He had to pay the $425 fine for not having Health insurance.

Because why would anyone in their 60's need to have health insurance???
    Its the fine and the limiting of the options on the type of insurance and the jack up of the cost that mattered when I was poor for a couple of years and my employer wouldn't offer insurance anymore.

As a 60 year old I want catastrophic care only. I don't run to the doctor every time I get a cold.

I really don't need to have health insurance. Unless I need it. Then no matter if I wait until the aids is full blown they have to give it to me right? And we wonder why costs didn't go down.

Hard to figure.

The mandate is un American on its face and Roberts should have been impeached for his fucktarded decision.

Fine is a bit more than 400 bucks for folks like me that are no longer poor young
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    dhdawg said:

I think most of the shit he's done or proposed like his tax plan are downright crazy.

But the representatives he picked for trade do seem to actually suggest he's serious about fixing trade.

He does need to step up and say that he will be following through on his promise and will veto any bill that cuts medicare and SS, which he has yet to do
    Trump needs to negotiate with congress in public? Yeah, Trump needs to be more like Schumer and Pelosi so we all benefit
    doogie said:

dhdawg said:

Trump needs to negotiate with congress in public? Yeah, Trump needs to be more like Schumer and Pelosi so we all benefit
    no. republicans are currently proposing those bills. he needs to come out and tell them to stop wasting everyone's time if he really intends to veto
    dhdawg said:

doogie said:

dhdawg said:

no. republicans are currently proposing those bills. he needs to come out and tell them to stop wasting everyone's time if he really intends to veto
    I'm gonna laugh when Republicans go through all this and can't find anything to replace Obamacare. Blame Democrats for Stonewalling then give up and do nothing.
    My greatest wish is that Trump rooms you with Rachel Maddow in the re-education camp
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

doogie said:

dhdawg said:

I'm gonna laugh when Republicans go through all this and can't find anything to replace Obamacare. Blame Democrats for Stonewalling then give up and do nothing.
    There doesn't need to be a replacement, they just need to man the fuck up and make it a Federal thing (which it is) and not a state-by-state thing.

An example is I have absolutely phenomenal health insurance of course as a federal employee, but if I'm somewhere out of state for work (which is often) and I break my arm I could be on the hook for the entire ER bill because the ER doctor that I don't get to choose doesn't take my insurance. When on the same token I can be at home and have open heart surgery and it will cost me $150 total.

Keep private insurance, that's fine, but make it pay everywhere to everyone. If car insurers had that figured out thrirty years ago health care should of had it too.
    Mosster47 said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

doogie said:

dhdawg said:

There doesn't need to be a replacement, they just need to man the fuck up and make it a Federal thing (which it is) and not a state-by-state thing.

An example is I have absolutely phenomenal health insurance of course as a federal employee, but if I'm somewhere out of state for work (which is often) and I break my arm I could be on the hook for the entire ER bill because the ER doctor that I don't get to choose doesn't take my insurance. When on the same token I can be at home and have open heart surgery and it will cost me $150 total.

Keep private insurance, that's fine, but make it pay everywhere to everyone. If car insurers had that figured out thrirty years ago health care should of had it too.
    There's a lot of truth in that. My firm is based in Minneapolis, so my buddy in the plan is in Washington with me, his wife was at UW medical last month for chemo via a pill. The insurance company argued that they had to ship the pill from Minneapolis. After a couple hours of arguing, they finally agreed to let the first batch come from a local pharmacy. When she gets treatments again in June, they all have to be ordered from Minneapolis.

Not to mention that the insurance company still hasn't provided written confirmation they will cover the other treatments.

That's just one example of the fucktardedness that needs to be fixed. But let's work on that shit rather than replacing one shitty bill with another shitty bill.
    We could let insurance companies compete so you don't have to bitch about your shitty plan and choose one that fits you better but, no.

Hondo wants everyone to have one universally shitty plan for everyone that is subsidized (or free)for the Dr Pepper/Twinkie Snap card crowd