Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm getting close to being done.

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
UW sucking has something to do with it. But 49% of it is because I used to love game, the atmosphere, the crisp fall with dad in a sea of purple, the bands, the passion and emotion of the players....I used to want to go to the games, no matter who was playing because I just liked it. I used to go to games even when UW wasn't playing. Now it's different. There is a reason I don't go to NBA and NFL games. Kiss cams, smile cams, dance cams, cam newtons, chevron car races, hydro races, the bands being silenced while they play shitty pop music during time outs, prayer circles, bowl games going past news day, the rose bowl not always having the pac 12 vs big 10 champs, the whole BCS. I just hate what it is now.

Maybe I'm just old. Get off my lawn!

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Welcome aboard.

You'll enjoy the HD TV era.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
    yes, you are getting old and I'm just getting my fucking ball old man!!!!!!

yeah, yesterday felt a little new to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    The only worthwhile ticket in Seattle is the Seahawks. Save the numerous fucking idiots with body paint, hawk beaks, and blue and green hair, the atmosphere is good. People care about winning.

Husky fans have become apathetic. One reason I don't enjoy watching the Huskies play anymore. At all.

The only thing I disagree with in your post is the Cam Newton dig. If my team had a Cam Newton playing I would pay through my nose to watch him play. Same with Manziel.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

The only worthwhile ticket in Seattle is the Seahawks. Save the numerous fucking idiots with body paint, hawk beaks, and blue and green hair, the atmosphere is good. People care about winning.

Husky fans have become apathetic. One reason I don't enjoy watching the Huskies play anymore. At all.

Disagree. The shit you list overshadows seeing the Seahawks win. The atmosphere blows ass. It's a carnival that included a football game.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought giving up my season tix this year would be traumatic. Bitch Six hooked me up for the BSU game which was fun. But I gave up both Chax and Husky season tix this year. As much as I loved it I realize how nice it is to have my weekends back. I would love not to feel that way.... But I'm kinda done for now.
    edited October 2013
    What I'm saying I think is even if UW was good I would feel this way.n The whole atmosphere and NCAA fucktardedness has cut into my enjoyment just as much as losing.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Yes that what I am trying to echo as well.

In the good old days, when the Huskies gave up a TD early in the fourth quarter to fall behind, the Husky Marching Band would start playing the "Rocky" theme and the stadium would start to rock. It felt like college football. Now, they play stupid movie clips and and then blast techno music while the PA guy exhorts the crowd to "show us your dance moves!"

It's really horrible, and that's not from being in my 40s now.

Yes. That's what I'm talking about. Most of the time I can't even hear the band because they have some other thing going on. Do they still play the Darth Vader thing on defense? I don't even know and I have been to every game.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm a tad old school. I would live a Roman Coliseum atmosphere where there was no glitz. Just booze, hookers, and the gladiators on the field. No lights, smoke, smile cams, or fucking dumb shut videos. I love the game. It's good enough by itself. Don't need MLB or soccer fag bullshit. Just a little smash mouth and chlamydia.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Fuck the guy reading out the scores. Thats fucking stupid. Everyone can see the scores posted and can check on their iphone if they give a shit.

This thread further demonstrates why Seattle is the worst sports city on the planet.
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    We have a band?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    edited October 2013
    Damone, my father And I had the very same conversation last night. We are picking one or two games if that after this season and we likely passing on cal and the apple cup.
    I received dirty looks and smirks for yelling and stomping in my section and my standing up on 3rd downs proved way too much for the people around us.

The crowd wears more black than purple for "regular" games.

The 4th quarter batman video is the worst thing ever created for football.

jecornel said:

Damone, my father And I had the very same conversation last night. We are picking one or two games if that after this season and we likely passing on cal and the apple cup.
    I received dirty looks and smirks for yelling and stomping in my section and my standing up on 3rd downs proved way too much for the people around us.

Marinerization is even worse in reality than we feared it would be a decade ago when we saw it begin to take hold on Husky Football.
    jecornel said:

The 4th quarter batman video is the worst thing ever created for football.

I bet uncle Bo is rolling over in his grave.

Fuck the guy reading out the scores. Thats fucking stupid. Everyone can see the scores posted and can check on their iphone if they give a shit.

Have you tried to get any data access during the games? Can't even send a fucking text.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727

Have you tried to get any data access during the games? Can't even send a fucking text.
    It is awful in the stadium