Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Possibility of Bain starting at guard

13»

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Serious question... Do you think it would be a big loss for Alabama if their All American LT was injured?

We need better depth but pointing out that Trey Adams would be a huge loss is a true water is wet statement.

They'd slide Jonah Williams to LT, and insert a very good OL at RT. It would not come close to hurting them like it would us. Same could be said for a lot of the top teams because they have great depth on their OL.
    It would hurt them. Yeah, the premier program has better depth but their OL had a tough time with some of our back up DL. They were far from dominant.

Ohio State's OL was horrible. Florida State's freshman QB took a beating in some games. I bet Alabama murders Clemson's OL in the title game too.

I don't think all of your pints are wrong. We've whiffed on some guys, the first OL class under Pete was garbage sans McGary, and we need to get better to win a title. I just think these issues are really fucking overblown because we got beat up front by the best in the business.

Good OL, will be very good next year. TBS and the future after that I'll let you handle.
    I'd agree with that, but I'm not freaking out because we got beat up by Bama up front.
    Just for the hell of it, can you give an example of an OL coach at a school similar in football status to Washington that you would prefer? This isn't a challenge, I'm genuinely curious.
    That's a good question, I know Steve Greatwood is currently available. Next year there will likely be a 10th assistant coach position added to staffs, I would look to hire a 2nd OL coach.

I know Strausser is a good OL coach, he's done a very good job and I like our OL currently, especially top end. So adding a guy like Greatwood that knows Pete very well and is a solid recruiter would be nice.
    His OL's were destroyed by SEC fronts not as good as this year's Bama.
    Yup, but him combined with strausser would be helpful.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I'd be very happy with our OL going forward if we could just sign Trey and Kaleb to contract extensions.

Just slap the franchise tags on them
  • Options

Serious question... Do you think it would be a big loss for Alabama if their All American LT was injured?

We need better depth but pointing out that Trey Adams would be a huge loss is a true water is wet statement.

They'd slide Jonah Williams to LT, and insert a very good OL at RT. It would not come close to hurting them like it would us. Same could be said for a lot of the top teams because they have great depth on their OL.
    It would hurt them. Yeah, the premier program has better depth but their OL had a tough time with some of our back up DL. They were far from dominant.

Ohio State's OL was horrible. Florida State's freshman QB took a beating in some games. I bet Alabama murders Clemson's OL in the title game too.

I don't think all of your pints are wrong. We've whiffed on some guys, the first OL class under Pete was garbage sans McGary, and we need to get better to win a title. I just think these issues are really fucking overblown because we got beat up front by the best in the business.

Good OL, will be very good next year. TBS and the future after that I'll let you handle.
    I'd agree with that, but I'm not freaking out because we got beat up by Bama up front.
    I disagree because we knew that our OL didn't stack up at the national level well before the Alabama game ... the concerns have been the concerns for a while
  • Options

Just for the hell of it, can you give an example of an OL coach at a school similar in football status to Washington that you would prefer? This isn't a challenge, I'm genuinely curious.
    That's a good question, I know Steve Greatwood is currently available. Next year there will likely be a 10th assistant coach position added to staffs, I would look to hire a 2nd OL coach.

I know Strausser is a good OL coach, he's done a very good job and I like our OL currently, especially top end. So adding a guy like Greatwood that knows Pete very well and is a solid recruiter would be nice.
    1) missing Pepsi's point

2) which games are you talking about regarding Oregon and SEC?

3) regarding 2) how much of that was his coaching versus scheme?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

1) missing Pepsi's point

I think it's time, you two meet me behind the aurora 7-11 and you can duke it out.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

1) missing Pepsi's point

Oregon got beat the fuck up up front at times, I just want to supplement strausser with another guy to help recruiting.
    I know the point you were getting at ...

What I was getting at is that Oregon particularly under Chip consistently struggled w NFL caliber lines ... which he also struggled with in the NFL ... I tend to put the OL issues as much on scheme as I would coaching

And no matter how good your OL is it can get stalled by a really good defense ... it's why the best path to winning is to have a dominating defense and then the next priority is strong in the trenches