Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Heyward to Oregon

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

That's awesome. They stuck to the tried and true practice of hiring a member of the 2000 Beavs in an important coaching position.

Hard to see any negatives here.

To be fair, the only weak link on the team was Jonathan Smith. Those guys were fucking nails on both sides of the ball. I still have no idea how they lost to UW.

IMO that was the only team from the state of Oregon that would have actually won the national title game. They would have smoked OU or FSU with a month to prepare.
    I was at the 2000 game in Husky stadium that year. Great game that was played at a high level on both sides. Smiff made some great plays that game. None better than the lose a shoe and throw it as far as you can across your body throw for a 50 yard gain. Will never forget that play.

Anyway. If I remember right it was the 4th game of the Season so they didn't really know yet if they were gonna be really good or not. Ochocinco was a one and done for them. The 1st 3 games He hadn't done squat and couldn't catch a cold. But He like the rest of the team took off from there. Great team that was as good as a hon that Season.
    That was by far my favorite season ever. If I remember right the Cuogs finished second/fourth that year.

The Oregon vs UW game that year is still my favorite game ever at Autzen. I was there for The Pick too. We jumped on them early and played that signature Bellotti/Tedford ball dangling the game in front of the Huskies for what seemed like forever.

We were on the opposite side of the stadium on that first score where Joey half rolled to his left and rocket the ball through three defenders to Peele who was sliding through the back of the end zone. When Joey was on that fucker was dynamite.

I knew the Beavs were going to hammer us. They were better than us at every position, but QB and Joey always sucked in the Civil War. The PNW was stacked that year across the board.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708

Peters was his guy. Right?

Not as a recruit.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not as a recruit.
    You're right. I was thinking of the great Cleveland Wallace.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708

Not as a recruit.
    You're right. I was thinking of the great Cleveland Wallace.
    Yeah I had high hopes when Heyward STOLE him from the Beavs.

King is the only kid he brought in in two years that turned out and Heyward had him at the wrong position.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    biak1 said:

I actually think Heyward is a pretty good coach/recruiter and a good hire here.

But as we all know it's about the head man, and he's already referred to himself in the third person. He's fucked.

He referred to himself in the first person within 2 minutes of his opening presser. I was so happy to hear that.

"Let me tell you about Willie Taggart"