Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Just in time to fire the lot of them and bring back Chip.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I think Oregon wants to skip the Willingham era and jump straight into the Sark era.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I think Oregon wants to skip the Willingham era and jump straight into the Sark era.

They are ahead of schedule
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    why would they hire a douche bag coach?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Hope Kim doesn't sleep with the fishes after putting this out here, out here.

I'll wait for Bleens to confirm
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Kim with the breaking news!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,847
    Baseman said:

Hope Kim doesn't sleep with the fishes after putting this out here, out here.

I'll wait for Bleens to confirm
    Bleens just broke the big news that Slingblade will be fired.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Love that Kim tagged UW football. I'm sure the social media intern running the account can't wait to retweet Kim's status update about Oregon.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    That's awesome. They stuck to the tried and true practice of hiring a member of the 2000 Beavs in an important coaching position.

Hard to see any negatives here.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

That's awesome. They stuck to the tried and true practice of hiring a member of the 2000 Beavs in an important coaching position.

To be fair, the only weak link on the team was Jonathan Smith. Those guys were fucking nails on both sides of the ball. I still have no idea how they lost to UW.

IMO that was the only team from the state of Oregon that would have actually won the national title game. They would have smoked OU or FSU with a month to prepare.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

To be fair, the only weak link on the team was Jonathan Smith. Those guys were fucking nails on both sides of the ball. I still have no idea how they lost to UW.

IMO that was the only team from the state of Oregon that would have actually won the national title game. They would have smoked OU or FSU with a month to prepare.
    Disagree, if Oregon hadn't choked at home against Stanford, they would have skullfucked Notre Dame for the title.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Peters was his guy. Right?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,580
    Standard Supporter
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

J Smith always had record setting days against the dawgs.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

I was at the 2000 game in Husky stadium that year. Great game that was played at a high level on both sides. Smiff made some great plays that game. None better than the lose a shoe and throw it as far as you can across your body throw for a 50 yard gain. Will never forget that play.

Anyway. If I remember right it was the 4th game of the Season so they didn't really know yet if they were gonna be really good or not. Ochocinco was a one and done for them. The 1st 3 games He hadn't done squat and couldn't catch a cold. But He like the rest of the team took off from there. Great team that was as good as a hon that Season.