Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jackson Sirmon, 3* 2018 LB, Brentwood (Academy), TN (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

tvoie said:

DDY thoughts?

Honestly, I really like him. DDY 2, but at the same time with our coaching I have no reason to think he won't be really good.

He's got a nice big frame and moves with a lot of fluidity.
    What do you think of Jacob Sirmon? I don't remember hearing your thoughts on him and I am too lazy to go searching.
    I fucking love Jacob Sirmon. Huge arm, nice accuracy, moves well, ball has a ton of zip on it.

Obviously he has to mature a bit with respect to his position and all that, but I see him as a guy who - in our system - could be an All Pac-12 QB.
    Aside from the well-documented interception problem.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Eklund says Jackson Sirmon is "just another guy" and says the recruiting experts agree with him

Hopefully he lacks competitiveness as much as Browning.
    Arm prone to fatigue as well is what I'm hearing.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Recruit Oregon Legacys....

Nothing else matters and in my limited knowledge of Duck Football, I can come up with at least 5 guys who were better at than those guys at their positions after the fact.

Fucking Doogs.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Nothing else matters and in my limited knowledge of Duck Football, I can come up with at least 5 guys who were better at than those guys at their positions after the fact.

Fucking Doogs.
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like any Cuog recruits are worthy of cherry picking this year. Bummer.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

salemcoog said:

Fucking Doogs.
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like any Cuog recruits are worthy of cherry picking this year. Bummer.
    They have a D lineman named Tryon that is a stud. I'd take that guy if DJ Johnson is for sure gone
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

salemcoog said:

Fucking Doogs.
    They have a D lineman named Tryon that is a stud. I'd take that guy if DJ Johnson is for sure gone
    Joe Tryon? Lol he sucks... my friend dominated him as a sophmore
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

That's pretty amazing that he's coming here instead of going where his dad is. Mississippi State is shit, but still.

Dad knows Mullen will probably be fired or leave in the next five years. Dad could want to get the fuck out of Starkville too as soon as he can.
    Looks like Dad had his couch sold from under him.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2017/1/10/14232370/mississippi-state-is-reportedly-looking-to-replace-peter-sirmon
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2017
    Finally went back and watched this kids film, was pleasantly surprised. First of all he's thick (hi SFJ!), he looks like he could step in and play right away from a physical standpoint. He moves pretty well too, especially in pass coverage, which is the last thing I expect a thick white LB to be any good at. Seems to have pretty good instincts in coverage too. Honestly looks like a kid who could play TE if we needed him to (which we don't). Can rush the passer too. Hits with authority.

When he committed I kind of rolled my eyes but I think my gut was wrong. Good get.

Looks like a kid who will come in and redshirt (since we don't need him right away), but could play if we got decimated by injuries, but will ultimately play in the middle.

Only concern is that when he committed his dad was at MSU, now he's at Louisville. Slight upgrade in programs, solid upgrade in location, downgrade in competition. I assume he's still solid but does Peter's change of address affect anything with Jackson?

Reminds me of Dave Hoffman and Jack Lambert.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Finally went back and watched this kids film, was pleasantly surprised. First of all he's thick (hi SFJ!), he looks like he could step in and play right away from a physical standpoint. He moves pretty well too, especially in pass coverage, which is the last thing I expect a thick white LB to be any good at. Seems to have pretty good instincts in coverage too. Honestly looks like a kid who could play TE if we needed him to (which we don't). Can rush the passer too. Hits with authority.

When he committed I kind of rolled my eyes but I think my gut was wrong. Good get.

Looks like a kid who will come in and redshirt (since we don't need him right away), but could play if we got decimated by injuries, but will ultimately play in the middle.

Only concern is that when he committed his dad was at MSU, now he's at Louisville. Slight upgrade in programs, solid upgrade in location, downgrade in competition. I assume he's still solid but does Peter's change of address affect anything with Jackson?

Yeah, and remember he was coming off an ACL tear 10 months prior to last season started, so he was likely a bit slowed by that. He can play both LB spots for us and could also work the edge at Buck/Sam if need be. I personally like him at MIK, mostly because of his size (could easily play at 240 or more) and having an entire family that is all football, his football IQ has to fit well at that spot too.

I think his senior Hudl will really take a jump from his junior Hudl because of that recovery from the ACL, I think we are getting a really underrated player with Jackson because of that.

I think academis are important to his family, and Louisville's academis are pure shit.

I am getting tired of Pete recruiting so well that I basically like all of our recruits. I guess it is a good problem to have though.
  • Options

dnc said:

Yeah, and remember he was coming off an ACL tear 10 months prior to last season started, so he was likely a bit slowed by that. He can play both LB spots for us and could also work the edge at Buck/Sam if need be. I personally like him at MIK, mostly because of his size (could easily play at 240 or more) and having an entire family that is all football, his football IQ has to fit well at that spot too.

I think his senior Hudl will really take a jump from his junior Hudl because of that recovery from the ACL, I think we are getting a really underrated player with Jackson because of that.

I think academis are important to his family, and Louisville's academis are pure shit.

I am getting tired of Pete recruiting so well that I basically like all of our recruits.
    I guess it is a good problem to have though.
    Pretty sure that's the caffeine withdrawals talking
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    247 has him in their top 175
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Ektard is man of very limited skills. His only job should be to know who is visiting and when they are visiting. Anything beyond is expecting too much from him
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

247 has him in their top 175

ESPN has him at 254.
  • Options

I thought his dad went to Oregon?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ektard is man of very limited skills. His only job should be to know who is visiting and when they are visiting. Anything beyond is expecting too much from him

He struggles with this most of the time.