Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Azeem Officially Returning for 2017

13»

Comments

• tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    edited December 2016
    AIRWOLF said:

tvoie said:

AIRWOLF said:

tvoie said:

One of very few that could play for anyone.

You are stupid if you think that.

After giving your comment some careful consideration, it is definitely something a dipshit would say.

Look, a lot of our players are awesome.

When measuring against BAMA, you're talking about a team on an unprecedented run of success on the field and in recruiting.

I think it's reasonable to compare us to Clemson or Penn State or another team in that sort of second tier historically.

When you do that, we have probably 70-80% of what they have.

I can do it off the top of my head with Clemson, unit by unit.

QB - Adv Clemson.
    Jake would be a RFR behind DW.

RB - Adv UW.
    Myles is a little better than Wayne Gallman, but not by much. Lavon is better than Clemson's #2 by a lot. Jomon is a lot worse than their #3.

WR - Adv Clemson.
    Ross would start on Clemson, but Pettis would be #3 behind Williams and Cain. And they have like 5 kids as good as Chico.

TE - Adv Clemson
    Legget is what we are hoping Hunter Bryant will be.

OL - Slight adv Clemson
    3 of our kids are better, 2 of theirs. They have more depth, though.

DT - Adv Clemson.
    They have better depth, but top end is about the same.

DE: Adv Clemson.
    Anyone in Clemson's 2-deep would play over our guys.

LB: Even.
    Kei would start on Clemson (he's about even with their players), Beavers wouldn't. They have slightly better depth, but if you count Azeem then we are even.

CB: Even
    Sid Jones and Kev King are about even with Clemson's guys, maybe slightly better. Their 3 and 4 guys are better.

S: Even.
    Budda would start, JoJo wouldn't. Rapp is better than their #2 guy, but their depth is a bit better.

But, a starting 22 would feature a lot of our players. These are the guys I would start...

QB: Deshaun Watson
    RB: Myles Gaskin - UW
    WR: John Ross - UW
    WR: Mike Williams
    WR: Deon Cain
    TE: Jordan Leggett
    OL: Trey Adams - UW
    OL: Mitch Hyatt
    OL: Jake Eldrenkamp - UW
    OL: Tyrone Crowder
    OL: Kaleb McGary - UW

DT: Greg Gaines - UW
    DT: Christian Wilkins
    DE: Carlos Watkins
    DE: Clelin Ferrell
    ILB: Ben Boulware
    ILB: Azeem Victor - UW
    OLB: Dorian O'Daniel
    OLB: Keishawn Bierria - UW
    CB: Sidney Jones - UW
    CB: Cordrea Tankersly
    S: Budda Baker - UW
    S: Jadar Johnson

Great post! Thx for taking the time.

The point of a UW football message board is to have conversations about UW football. While I may be on an island in terms of how I see the talent on this team, my post generated conversation which is what I thought the point was. But again great post DDY!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2016
    Baseman said:

Fraley was undersized but could fly. Hoffman wasn't slow, he might have looked slow next to Fraley, Butler, and Fields but he could run.

If you want to compare LBs from 25 years ago, look at the average size of an OL. One, maybe two, OL weighed 300 + lbs. 6'4 was a giant. Average size ~ 6'3 280.

Compare that to today's OL: 6'5 + average weight ~ 310

Check BBK and Beavers size next to inside backers from tOSU, Bama and SC.

tOSU vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 225. 6'0 215

Bama vs, UW
    6'1 230. 6'0 215
    6'2 250. 6'0 215

USC vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 215 6'0 215

Again, good players but undersized to be everydown playoff caliber LB's

Ruben Foster is the best LB in the country. 221 pounds. He lost a ton of weight before this season. Just read a quote from him the other day.

You must not have seen Darron Lee when Ohio State won the title. 215 at most back then. He was the most impressive guy on their defense other than Bosa.

BBK and Beavers aren't those guys. I wish both were 6'2" 240. That said, it's being stuck on some TBS bullshit when both guys have been very productive when called upon.

If Hoffman was so physically talented he would have played in the NFL. He was a very good college LB with some limitations.

Bierria is undersized too. He's really good though. Was he better than either Beavers or BBK in his 2nd year in the program? Fuck no.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,917 Founders Club
    I think our team is GOOD, not GREAT. Beneficiaries of playing in a shitty conference during a down year. Don't get me wrong. You've proven that you are pretty good when you win your conference, but I don't think this team is on the same level as the rest of the playoff teams. I would love to be proven wrong and upset the vaunted Bama squad, but I would be surprised if we were in the game in the 4th quarter. I think the Pac-12 naysayers are going to be proven right come Saturday.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

Fraley was undersized but could fly. Hoffman wasn't slow, he might have looked slow next to Fraley, Butler, and Fields but he could run.

If you want to compare LBs from 25 years ago, look at the average size of an OL. One, maybe two, OL weighed 300 + lbs. 6'4 was a giant. Average size ~ 6'3 280.

tOSU vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 225. 6'0 215

Bama vs, UW
    6'1 230. 6'0 215
    6'2 250. 6'0 215

USC vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 215 6'0 215

Ruben Foster is the best LB in the country. 221 pounds. He lost a ton of weight before this season. Just read a quote from him the other day.

You must not have seen Darron Lee when Ohio State won the title. 215 at most back then. He was the most impressive guy on their defense other than Bosa.

BBK and Beavers aren't those guys. I wish both were 6'2" 240. That said, it's being stuck on some TBS bullshit when both guys have been very productive when called upon.

If Hoffman was so physically talented he would have played in the NFL. He was a very good college LB with some limitations.

Bierria is undersized too. He's really good though. Was he better than either Beavers or BBK in his 2nd year in the program? Fuck no.
    I like them both. Can we beat playoff caliber teams with them playing multiple series? We'll find out on Saturday.
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    edited December 2016

Baseman said:

tOSU vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 225. 6'0 215

Bama vs, UW
    6'1 230. 6'0 215
    6'2 250. 6'0 215

USC vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 215 6'0 215

I'd forgotten how much Bierria has improved.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    PurpleJ said:

I think our team is GOOD, not GREAT. Beneficiaries of playing in a shitty conference during a down year. Don't get me wrong. You've proven that you are pretty good when you win your conference, but I don't think this team is on the same level as the rest of the playoff teams. I would love to be proven wrong and upset the vaunted Bama squad, but I would be surprised if we were in the game in the 4th quarter. I think the Pac-12 naysayers are going to be proven right come Saturday.

Talent wise, that MIGHT be true. Ohio State is a young, flawed team. Their offense has struggled this year.

Clemson has talent, but putzes around more than the other three. Dabo has won enough to be considered

Alabama is Alabama. If that happens, it's not a PAC 12 argument. They are the king of college football.
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

tOSU vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 225. 6'0 215

Bama vs, UW
    6'1 230. 6'0 215
    6'2 250. 6'0 215

USC vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 215 6'0 215

I like them both. Can we beat playoff caliber teams with them playing multiple series? We'll find out on Saturday.
    We aren't going to lose because of our ILB play.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Baseman said:

tOSU vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 225. 6'0 215

Bama vs, UW
    6'1 230. 6'0 215
    6'2 250. 6'0 215

USC vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 215 6'0 215

Bump
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited January 2017

AlCzervik said:

Baseman said:

tOSU vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 225. 6'0 215

Bama vs, UW
    6'1 230. 6'0 215
    6'2 250. 6'0 215

USC vs. UW
    6'2 245. 6'0 215
    6'1 215 6'0 215

I'd forgotten how much Bierria has improved.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Bierria would have flamed out and left for San Jose State had he played under Sark. He was a space-filler recruit for Sark who was signed at the last minute. I don't know if there is a player on the team that is a truer testament to the change in player development.
    Idk, King is pretty high on my list. He was done as a safety under Sark. Now under Pete he's a proven combine athletic freak of nature, 6'3 corner with 6'8 wingspan who's physical on the run like a safety
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    I think we would've given clemson a game.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    Swaye said:

PurpleJ said:

After last night I honestly believe we would have pushed Ohio States shit in. But yeah, Bama and Clemson not there yet.
    Ya think so?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    I forgot we actually talked about football on HH
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    edited July 2020

I forgot we actually talked about football on HH

Looks like we're gonna be able to talk about famous heists, forthwith.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Since @CFetters_Nacho_Lover keeps upvoting these old posts, I will bump it because I got this one right.

I have my reasons.
    Cinq?