Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Azeem Officially Returning for 2017

Comments

• AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    tvoie said:

AIRWOLF said:

tvoie said:

One of very few that could play for anyone.

You are stupid if you think that.

After giving your comment some careful consideration, it is definitely something a dipshit would say.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Had only heard through his dad to this point, this is straight from Azeem!

I love Azeem.
    I think if they fall short of a national championship all will be back next year. You don't get to win a national championship often, this may mean a lot to this group of players who brought Washington back from 0-12
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I love Azeem.
    I think if they fall short of a national championship all will be back next year. You don't get to win a national championship often, this may mean a lot to this group of players who brought Washington back from 0-12
    This group of players was not at UW in 2009.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

I love Azeem.
    You don't know the damage Ty did.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

I love Azeem.
    Why do you hate fake news?
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    KobeStan said:

tvoie said:

KobeStan said:

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

Victor is personally my favorite player on this team. One of very few that could play for anyone. Awesome news if he comes back.

Huh? Every starter on our defense besides Psalm and Potatoes could play for anyone.
    I don't believe there are many that could play for Bama for instance. Victor absolutely could in my opinion.
    Yea Victor is the only one besides

Browning
    Ross
    Pettis
    Chico
    Sample
    Dizzly
    Myles
    Adams
    Eldrenkamp
    Vea
    Gaines
    Qualls
    Rapp
    Budda
    Jones
    King
    and JoJo
    I disagree on 3/4 of these players
    Well you're wrong
    Based on the fact that you can put a list of names together? Good job.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,299
    But who's coaching?
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2016

Look, a lot of our players are awesome.

When measuring against BAMA, you're talking about a team on an unprecedented run of success on the field and in recruiting.

I think it's reasonable to compare us to Clemson or Penn State or another team in that sort of second tier historically.

When you do that, we have probably 70-80% of what they have.

I can do it off the top of my head with Clemson, unit by unit.

QB - Adv Clemson.
    Jake would be a RFR behind DW.

RB - Adv UW.
    Myles is a little better than Wayne Gallman, but not by much. Lavon is better than Clemson's #2 by a lot. Jomon is a lot worse than their #3.

WR - Adv Clemson.
    Ross would start on Clemson, but Pettis would be #3 behind Williams and Cain. And they have like 5 kids as good as Chico.

TE - Adv Clemson
    Legget is what we are hoping Hunter Bryant will be.

OL - Slight adv Clemson
    3 of our kids are better, 2 of theirs. They have more depth, though.

DT - Adv Clemson.
    They have better depth, but top end is about the same.

DE: Adv Clemson.
    Anyone in Clemson's 2-deep would play over our guys.

LB: Even.
    Kei would start on Clemson (he's about even with their players), Beavers wouldn't. They have slightly better depth, but if you count Azeem then we are even.

CB: Even
    Sid Jones and Kev King are about even with Clemson's guys, maybe slightly better. Their 3 and 4 guys are better.

S: Even.
    Budda would start, JoJo wouldn't. Rapp is better than their #2 guy, but their depth is a bit better.

But, a starting 22 would feature a lot of our players. These are the guys I would start...

QB: Deshaun Watson
    RB: Myles Gaskin - UW
    WR: John Ross - UW
    WR: Mike Williams
    WR: Deon Cain
    TE: Jordan Leggett
    OL: Trey Adams - UW
    OL: Mitch Hyatt
    OL: Jake Eldrenkamp - UW
    OL: Tyrone Crowder
    OL: Kaleb McGary - UW

DT: Greg Gaines - UW
    DT: Christian Wilkins
    DE: Carlos Watkins
    DE: Clelin Ferrell
    ILB: Ben Boulware
    ILB: Azeem Victor - UW
    OLB: Dorian O'Daniel
    OLB: Keishawn Bierria - UW
    CB: Sidney Jones - UW
    CB: Cordrea Tankersly
    S: Budda Baker - UW
    S: Jadar Johnson

Another, shorter, way to put it would be that any team that has nine first team all-conference players and another three second team all-conference players has a bunch of guys that would play on virtually any team in the country. (And Mathis, if healthy, would be another.)

Not "very few", a bunch.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Dennis is right. 1991 Michigan was a really good team that ran into an all time team.

UW is very good. They proved it. But they are playing a great team.

Are we great?
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Great to here it from the undertaker's mouth that he will be back next year. Fingers Crossed he can convince Baker/Jones/Qualls/Ross to come back for unfinished (or more) business to take care of in 2017.

TSIO pod made mention of this, and with the level of recruits we are bringing in, we should be playing in 2 or 3 Pac-12 Championship games every 5 years. But to truly feel like we have more than a punchers chance of beating teams like Bama going forward, Pete and co. have to level up in recruiting.

If our last four commits this year turned out to be Foster/AVT/Johnson/Safety from Arizona, and every year we had these types of classes, the extra 4-5 guys who can pick up the phone and have a scholarship to any school in America any day they want, added over a 4 year cycle is a full class worth of difference makers. UW and coach Pete get that, and now your talking minimum 3 and prob. 4 Pac-12 North titles, 3 Pac-12 Championships, 2 Rose Bowl Berths and 1 Playoff appearance in a 5 year cycle, plus now whoever you get in the semi-finals you simply say bring them on.

From a physical point of view (and no disrespect to any of these kids) when the Psalms/Potatoes/BBK/Tevis/Beavers don't see the field unless it's a blow out and/or they have the size/lb's to stand there and take on the Bama's/Clemson's/OSU/Michigan's of the world, we will know we have arrived.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    godawgst said:

Great to here it from the undertaker's mouth that he will be back next year. Fingers Crossed he can convince Baker/Jones/Qualls/Ross to come back for unfinished (or more) business to take care of in 2017.

TSIO pod made mention of this, and with the level of recruits we are bringing in, we should be playing in 2 or 3 Pac-12 Championship games every 5 years. But to truly feel like we have more than a punchers chance of beating teams like Bama going forward, Pete and co. have to level up in recruiting.

If our last four commits this year turned out to be Foster/AVT/Johnson/Safety from Arizona, and every year we had these types of classes, the extra 4-5 guys who can pick up the phone and have a scholarship to any school in America any day they want, added over a 4 year cycle is a full class worth of difference makers. UW and coach Pete get that, and now your talking minimum 3 and prob. 4 Pac-12 North titles, 3 Pac-12 Championships, 2 Rose Bowl Berths and 1 Playoff appearance in a 5 year cycle, plus now whoever you get in the semi-finals you simply say bring them on.

From a physical point of view (and no disrespect to any of these kids) when the Psalms/Potatoes/BBK/Tevis/Beavers don't see the field unless it's a blow out and/or they have the size/lb's to stand there and take on the Bama's/Clemson's/OSU/Michigan's of the world, we will know we have arrived.

What have Beavers and BBK done that makes you say they can't compete with those teams? Beavers has played very well since taking over for Victor and BBK makes a big play just about every game.

I get Psalm and Potatoes, but it's bullshit to say that about two young LB's that have done nothing but play well when called upon. They play fast, they are instinctual, and they are physical.

Watch the games, forget the measurements and their recruitment. If you did, you would know that your analysis on those two was bullshit. They are good.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

I love Azeem.
    Naive Doogish sediment.

Dawg fan here: any Husky projected in the 4th round or better needs to LEAVE!

Ps: Remember Bowl season is for players only.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    AIRWOLF said:

Look, a lot of our players are awesome.

When measuring against BAMA, you're talking about a team on an unprecedented run of success on the field and in recruiting.

I think it's reasonable to compare us to Clemson or Penn State or another team in that sort of second tier historically.

When you do that, we have probably 70-80% of what they have.

I can do it off the top of my head with Clemson, unit by unit.

QB - Adv Clemson.
    Jake would be a RFR behind DW.

RB - Adv UW.
    Myles is a little better than Wayne Gallman, but not by much. Lavon is better than Clemson's #2 by a lot. Jomon is a lot worse than their #3.

WR - Adv Clemson.
    Ross would start on Clemson, but Pettis would be #3 behind Williams and Cain. And they have like 5 kids as good as Chico.

TE - Adv Clemson
    Legget is what we are hoping Hunter Bryant will be.

OL - Slight adv Clemson
    3 of our kids are better, 2 of theirs. They have more depth, though.

DT - Adv Clemson.
    They have better depth, but top end is about the same.

DE: Adv Clemson.
    Anyone in Clemson's 2-deep would play over our guys.

LB: Even.
    Kei would start on Clemson (he's about even with their players), Beavers wouldn't. They have slightly better depth, but if you count Azeem then we are even.

CB: Even
    Sid Jones and Kev King are about even with Clemson's guys, maybe slightly better. Their 3 and 4 guys are better.

S: Even.
    Budda would start, JoJo wouldn't. Rapp is better than their #2 guy, but their depth is a bit better.

But, a starting 22 would feature a lot of our players. These are the guys I would start...

QB: Deshaun Watson
    RB: Myles Gaskin - UW
    WR: John Ross - UW
    WR: Mike Williams
    WR: Deon Cain
    TE: Jordan Leggett
    OL: Trey Adams - UW
    OL: Mitch Hyatt
    OL: Jake Eldrenkamp - UW
    OL: Tyrone Crowder
    OL: Kaleb McGary - UW

DT: Greg Gaines - UW
    DT: Christian Wilkins
    DE: Carlos Watkins
    DE: Clelin Ferrell
    ILB: Ben Boulware
    ILB: Azeem Victor - UW
    OLB: Dorian O'Daniel
    OLB: Keishawn Bierria - UW
    CB: Sidney Jones - UW
    CB: Cordrea Tankersly
    S: Budda Baker - UW
    S: Jadar Johnson

Another, shorter, way to put it would be that any team that has nine first team all-conference players and another three second team all-conference players has a bunch of guys that would play on virtually any team in the country. (And Mathis, if healthy, would be another.)

Not "very few", a bunch.

The Pac-12 sucks though.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

godawgst said:

What have Beavers and BBK done that makes you say they can't compete with those teams? Beavers has played very well since taking over for Victor and BBK makes a big play just about every game.

I get Psalm and Potatoes, but it's bullshit to say that about two young LB's that have done nothing but play well when called upon. They play fast, they are instinctual, and they are physical.

Watch the games, forget the measurements and their recruitment. If you did, you would know that your analysis on those two was bullshit. They are good.
    BBK is a nice, but not elite, player: Too small. Too bad because he's a tough mother fucker.

Jury still out on Beavers. He's certainty performed well in Azeems absence but size is also a concern.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2016
    Baseman said:

godawgst said:

BBK is a nice, but not elite, player: Too small. Too bad because he's a tough mother fucker.

Jury still out on Beavers. He's certainty performed well in Azeems absence but size is also a concern.
    Chico Fraley was small. Dave Hoffman was slow. Beavers and BBK are a little bit undersized. They aren't Ray Lewis, but I have seen nothing to suggest they aren't ballers.

I don't Gaskin does much at all in the NFL. He's still very good. Why is it different?