Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Am I the only curmudgeon asshole

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,640 Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

What is absurd is after George Michael's death, three or four his songs were top 20 purchases in itunes.

Seriously? You feel compelled to buy a single?

You don't know any of these people
    No personal connection of any kind.

It's bizarre.

I bought his album 25 last summer. Spectacular performer.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

I have no emotional attachment to the mother and daughter.. I'd barely heard of Debbie Reynolds and she's from some Frank Sinatra era where they shot everything on the cheap on a soundstage. Her daughter is riding Star Dork fame from almost 40 years ago. The average person on the street can't name one movie or t.v. show she was in since.

I do like a lot of George Michael's music (75k) but it's not like I've ever met him (in a bathroom) or I ever would have. It's too bad he was only 53 but like Prince, there were probably some drugs involved, or if not that, AIDS.

People who cry over this shit need to get a fucking life.

So dying of drugs or a disease invalidates the artistic contribution a person made to the world?

Fuck that.

Did I know Prince (or Bowie, Phife Dawg, etc), or did he care about me? No. But he cared about making music that was really fucking good, and we all got to listen to it. So yeah, I'm sad someone like that died too young and won't be creating any more of it.

But yet none of them released anything relevant in 20 years???

Fuck em. Their? contributions are what they were when they were living. On vinyl, tape and digital.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    salemcoog said:

I have no emotional attachment to the mother and daughter.. I'd barely heard of Debbie Reynolds and she's from some Frank Sinatra era where they shot everything on the cheap on a soundstage. Her daughter is riding Star Dork fame from almost 40 years ago. The average person on the street can't name one movie or t.v. show she was in since.

I do like a lot of George Michael's music (75k) but it's not like I've ever met him (in a bathroom) or I ever would have. It's too bad he was only 53 but like Prince, there were probably some drugs involved, or if not that, AIDS.

So dying of drugs or a disease invalidates the artistic contribution a person made to the world?

Fuck that.

Did I know Prince (or Bowie, Phife Dawg, etc), or did he care about me? No. But he cared about making music that was really fucking good, and we all got to listen to it. So yeah, I'm sad someone like that died too young and won't be creating any more of it.

Fuck em. Their? contributions are what they were when they were living. On vinyl, tape and digital.
    Music is clearly NOT your wheelhouse my fren.

salemcoog said:

Fuck that.

Please do link a track from any of these artists that more than a handful of people bought when these artists were alive the last 20 years.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

What is absurd is after George Michael's death, three or four his songs were top 20 purchases in itunes.

It's bizarre.

A personal connection with George Michael might well have been fatal.
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Fuck that.

Please do link a track from any of these artists that more than a handful of people bought when these artists were alive the last 20 years.
    The fact that you said "track" and not "album" is proof you're a fucktard.

Prince had 2 double platinum and 2 gold albums in the last 20 years.

Bowie's ONLY #1 album in the US was his last one, which released shorty before he died. Based on your FS criteria, his previous work sucked because it was less commercially successful.

I'm not even going to get into live performances with you.

Step the fuck out of this wheelhouse, you do NOT belong.

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Fuck that.

Bowie's ONLY #1 album in the US was his last one, which released shorty before he died. Based on your FS criteria, his previous work sucked because it was less commercially successful.

Way to move the goalposts and you really think Bowies album would have been #1 longer than a fart if He didn't croak???

Sledog said:

jecornel said:

It's bizarre.

A personal connection with George Michael might well have been fatal.
    He was Jesuis to a child.
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Fuck that.

Way to move the goalposts and you really think Bowies album would have been #1 longer than a fart if He didn't croak???

Move the goalposts? I'm ansering your stupid fuckign questions.

You sound like one of those country music fags that quote Garth Brooks sales numbers as proof he is the best ever.

I mean, Justin Bieber and Drake and a slew of other retards all have #1 albums.

Just kill yourself already.