Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Am I the only curmudgeon asshole

ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
edited December 2016 in Tug Tavern
.... that doesn't give a fucking rip which celebrity dies? Celebrities don't care about me and I don't care about them.
Tagged:

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,857
    No. But they were hot when they were young.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

No. But they were hot when they were young.

pics?

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,550 Founders Club
    I have no emotional attachment to the mother and daughter.. I'd barely heard of Debbie Reynolds and she's from some Frank Sinatra era where they shot everything on the cheap on a soundstage. Her daughter is riding Star Dork fame from almost 40 years ago. The average person on the street can't name one movie or t.v. show she was in since.

I do like a lot of George Michael's music (75k) but it's not like I've ever met him (in a bathroom) or I ever would have. It's too bad he was only 53 but like Prince, there were probably some drugs involved, or if not that, AIDS.

People who cry over this shit need to get a fucking life.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,956 Founders Club
    She was the crazy bitch in Blues Brothers.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I have no emotional attachment to the mother and daughter.. I'd barely heard of Debbie Reynolds and she's from some Frank Sinatra era where they shot everything on the cheap on a soundstage. Her daughter is riding Star Dork fame from almost 40 years ago. The average person on the street can't name one movie or t.v. show she was in since.

I do like a lot of George Michael's music (75k) but it's not like I've ever met him (in a bathroom) or I ever would have. It's too bad he was only 53 but like Prince, there were probably some drugs involved, or if not that, AIDS.

So dying of drugs or a disease invalidates the artistic contribution a person made to the world?

Fuck that.

Did I know Prince (or Bowie, Phife Dawg, etc), or did he care about me? No. But he cared about making music that was really fucking good, and we all got to listen to it. So yeah, I'm sad someone like that died too young and won't be creating any more of it.

I can see getting sad over Hendrix, but George Michael? Those two shouldn't be in the same sentence. Carrie Fisher, yeah, she was OK, good in Blues Brothers, so what? So she's dead. I don't care.

So dying of drugs or a disease invalidates the artistic contribution a person made to the world?

Fuck that.

Did I know Prince (or Bowie, Phife Dawg, etc), or did he care about me? No. But he cared about making music that was really fucking good, and we all got to listen to it. So yeah, I'm sad someone like that died too young and won't be creating any more of it.

No, that would cancel out all music and artistry worth anything at all.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    PurpleJ said:

She was the crazy bitch in Blues Brothers.

And she was FUCKING AWESOME in that role, too.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028

You must still have been shitting your diapers when "When Harry Met Sally" came out.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter
    I'm an curmudgeon as whole except where John Wayne and Clint Eastwood are involved.
    Sledog said:

I'm an curmudgeon as whole except where John Wayne and Clint Eastwood are involved.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,550 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

You must still have been shitting your diapers when "When Harry Met Sally" came out.

I was 11 maybe? Not many 11 yr olds watch romantic comedies.

Sledog said:

Auto spell disaster on airplane WiFi. I blame Delta.
    edited December 2016

Fuck that.

I didn't say or imply drugs invalidated anything. Doing drugs and living that lifestyle is risky and dying young is one of the risks.

Being sad about it is fine. Making multiple annoying posts about it on social media with cryey faces is annoying as is blaming the year for it ("Stop it 2016!!!!!")

I got to listen to someone repeat, "It's so sad" about George Michael on Christmas. Then I had to try and find news about it on TV. Then they decided to play his music outloud on their phone. Enough already. That's not counting the accompying 16 Facebook posts, videos, and "tributes" to him.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Sledog said:

John Wayne was a fag you boys

https://youtu.be/-uv_WGEHr4I
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Fuck that.

They weren't going to make good music in their 50's.
    AZDuck said:

Sledog said:

John Wayne was a fag you boys

https://youtu.be/-uv_WGEHr4I
    Yeah sure, go polish your George Michael CD's.

Fuck that.

They weren't going to make good music in their 50's.
    Prince and Bowie made plenty of great music in their 50s.

Are you fucking retarded?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    What is absurd is after George Michael's death, three or four his songs were top 20 purchases in itunes.

Seriously? You feel compelled to buy a single?

You don't know any of these people
    No personal connection of any kind.

It's bizarre.