Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hugh thinks

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

We shouldn't even play the game is what I hear/see from most Bammer fans ...

UW doesn't have the talent to matchup because Bammer is loaded w NFL players in their 3 deeps ... too bad you dont play the 3 deeps all at one time ...

I hear we don't have a NFL defense ... yet anybody doubting that Vita, Qualls, Gaines, Bierria, Budda, Jones, King, and Rapp won't all be NFL players and almost all drafted in top 2-3 rounds.

I hear we don't have the talent on offense to cause problems ... yet anybody questioning whether Ross, Gaskin, Coleman, Pettis, Adams, Eldrenkamp, or McGary will be pros? That doesn't even include Browning (Kellen Moore career), or guys that are probably more fringe potential players like Daniels, Sample, Dissly, and Colemsn Shelton.

Nobody doubts Alabama's high end talent ... but we have pieces that can cause issues.

Solid post but you completely contradict yourself from the OL arguments when you mention 4 of 5 lineman as future pros.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

UW doesn't have the talent to matchup because Bammer is loaded w NFL players in their 3 deeps ... too bad you dont play the 3 deeps all at one time ...

I hear we don't have a NFL defense ... yet anybody doubting that Vita, Qualls, Gaines, Bierria, Budda, Jones, King, and Rapp won't all be NFL players and almost all drafted in top 2-3 rounds.

I hear we don't have the talent on offense to cause problems ... yet anybody questioning whether Ross, Gaskin, Coleman, Pettis, Adams, Eldrenkamp, or McGary will be pros? That doesn't even include Browning (Kellen Moore career), or guys that are probably more fringe potential players like Daniels, Sample, Dissly, and Colemsn Shelton.

Nobody doubts Alabama's high end talent ... but we have pieces that can cause issues.

Of course you do. I would never blow off Washington except in a homer shootout on a forum. All I'm doing is explaining the errors some of your homers are making in looking at the LSU and Ole Miss scores and thinking all you have to do is emulate them. You can't compare any other game scores to the LSU game, and as for Ole Miss, the final was close only because of the Bullshit that happened in the first half. Then we destroyed them 45-3. I don't know if I'm nervous. With our defense a Bama fan should never be nervous - but I'm not betting the homestead on the spread either.
    Everything Bama does is attacking on defense ... they bring at least 5 on most plays ... they have no reason to change what they do and not should they

Washington, and really any team trying to beat Bama, has to be willing to change what Bama views as normal. Need to get Bama to the point where they are reacting and not trusting what it is that they are seeing ... have to find ways to show mirages

Washington's best chance of being in a position to win is all tied to the defense ... DTs have to plug the middle run and Hurts on the outside must be contained. I feel that we should be able to do some good things against the Bama screen game ... Hurts and fly sweeps on the edges are primary concern. IF we can get Hurts in spots where he has to throw down the field, I will take my chances.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,013
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Tequilla said:

Of course you do. I would never blow off Washington except in a homer shootout on a forum. All I'm doing is explaining the errors some of your homers are making in looking at the LSU and Ole Miss scores and thinking all you have to do is emulate them. You can't compare any other game scores to the LSU game, and as for Ole Miss, the final was close only because of the Bullshit that happened in the first half. Then we destroyed them 45-3. I don't know if I'm nervous. With our defense a Bama fan should never be nervous - but I'm not betting the homestead on the spread either.
    'Homer shootout 'made me laff.

UW doesn't stand a good chance, but neither did the 101st Airborne at Bastogne. Since they fought the war, we (?) should probably play the game.

You know - just to be sure.

Too much war imagery
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Solid post but you completely contradict yourself from the OL arguments when you mention 4 of 5 lineman as future pros.
    1) I've been critical of the OL recruiting at the kind of elite level needed to matchup on par with the Alabama type of teams in the world ... I'm fairly certain I've been consistent in saying that Strausser as a coach does develop players ...

2) This OL is not going to line up and run downhill consistently on Alabama ... just not happening.

3) I expect that Adams will be a 1st round pick ... McGary could get into the 2nd or 3rd round range if everything breaks right ... Eldrenkamp is probably more in the 3rd to 5th round range ... Shelton is probably more of a 3rd round pick ... there is a massive difference between saying that the guys will get looks in the NFL as mostly mid to late round picks and what is sitting on the Alabama defensive line that are most likely all top 3 round picks. If you want to have a line that is competing at the national level, you really need to have all 5 members of your line being in a position where they are potential Top 3 round picks or better and definitely having some 1st round picks there. We have a good line ... we don't have an elite line.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2016
    booger McFarland on brock and salk this morning made a point to say that if you have tight ends that can block the outside linebackers, and can stalemate up the middle. you can get the edge on Alabama.

I thought that was interesting, and only further proves the point that if you play scared and try to beat bama with a ton of quick passes to WR's you are shooting yourself in the foot.

I'm not saying we need to go under center and power run, but this gameplan needs to involve sample and dissly heavily.

he also said that bama's oline is mostly average, which is encouraging

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10013860&sid=1007&n=Brock and Salk

the good stuff starts at about 28:00
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    whlinder said:

NY Giants 20 Buffalo 19

Run the fucking ball. Even if you aren't getting many yards. No turnovers. Shorten the game.

There's a lot of people in here who don't know what Washington was and want to be like Oregon.

3 and out is better than a pick 6
    Ross and Pettis have a better chance of scoring as well as our defense against their shitty offense
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

First thing I'll be looking for are our shifts, motions, and formation groupings ... how/what/who are we trying to attack???

Instead of saying that we need to have quick passing reads, it's more important to me to try to isolate situations to let Jake be his pre-snap Jesus best. Saying you have to throw quick will just lead to potential panic. That's where the breaking tendency part comes into play ... we throw primarily to Ross and Pettis ... we need to be very diversified against Alabama.

As for space, we need to be thinking of ways to get Gaskin the ball in the passing game against a LB. He's shifty enough to make someone mix and if the play design is good, that could lead to a very good gain.

So in terms of offense, quick passing reads and getting the ball in space
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,418
    Founders Club

Alabama is smaller on defense than they used to be. Line up Dissly or Sample in the pseudo, shotgun offset I and run power right at them. Guard pulls and the TE in the backfield gets anyone who filters through.

I do think it is more of a game for Coleman than Gaskin. That patient, wait for the holes shit doesnt seem like a recipe for success against Bama's speed.

Really though, UW has to commit to the run even if it's not successful. We are fucked if Bama can just pin their ears back every down.

Could not agree more. Great post.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

Not really, because the point is UW needs more guys like Trey, Kaleb, and Eldrenkamp. They were all highly regarded (in my eyes) guys that are rare humans. That's what we need to continue building up front.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Not really, because the point is UW needs more guys like Trey, Kaleb, and Eldrenkamp. They were all highly regarded (in my eyes) guys that are rare humans. That's what we need to continue building up front.
    Bingo ...

Our OL is upper third in the PAC at this point and the development of Adams/McGary on the edges has pushed it up into that region. Eldrenkamp has made it that when we need a yard running it up behind Adams and him can be reliable. C and RG are definitely a step behind at this point comparatively. And from a recruiting standpoint, we need MORE guys that look like Adams and McGary and move like Eldrenkamp ... that's what Dennis, Pepsi, and I have been trying to hammer home.

The reality is that if you're in the discussion of playing at this level, you need the elite OL prospects that develop into great players that can go against the opposition's elite DL prospects that have also developed into great players.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2016

Tequilla said:

Eldrenkamp didn't even start until his junior year. He's a good player, but let's not pretend like it wasn't somewhat of a surprise he turned out like he did. Tufunga, Criste, Atoe, etc were playing g over him in Petersen's first year (Eldrenkamp's r-so year).

Adams is a monster. McGary is huge and has gotten coached up. There are a lot of young guys we know next to nothing about, very similar to Eldrenkamp three years ago. Harris is a future all conference player.

UW needs good players everywhere like any other school that wants to win. We need more Vita Vea's, Sidney Jones', John Ross', Bierria's, etc. I know you get that, but how do you not see how dumb this argument has always been?

The OL is good and will most likely continue to be good. It will be one of the best OL in the country next year. But what about 2021?!!!
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    jecornel said:

How would Shaw play Bama
    There's so many fucking pussies in here it make me sick. Double tight end, Ross and Pettis one on one, Use Daniels and let Coleman and Gaskin chew up yards and time of possession

Shaw would lose 58-3, but still.
    I always knew you were a fucking pussy
    I love smashmouth football.

David Shaw is retarded.

Hope this helps.
    Boobs, you don't even watch football. You love smashmouth football? Dude, you don't even know God's formation.

You love getting your backside smashmouthed.

You love posting on message boards. We know you are on IGN boards as well. Probably 100k plus poster there.

You love tapping the WTF button because you are just like shaw. You would do anything to fluff shaw.

No one believes you are even a husky fan.
    jecornel said:

How would Shaw play Bama
    There's so many fucking pussies in here it make me sick. Double tight end, Ross and Pettis one on one, Use Daniels and let Coleman and Gaskin chew up yards and time of possession

David Shaw is retarded.

Hope this helps.
    Boobs, you don't even watch football. You love smashmouth football? Dude, you don't even know God's formation.

You love posting on message boards. We know you are on IGN boards as well. Probably 100k plus poster there.

You love tapping the WTF button because you are just like shaw. You would do anything to fluff shaw.

POTY
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

How would Shaw play Bama

David Shaw is retarded.

Hope this helps.

IGN post count posts will get chincredibled every time
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

How would Shaw play Bama

David Shaw is retarded.

Hope this helps.

How's the dawgboard revival going?