Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hugh says

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hugh is a ray siss!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    jecornel said:

If you watch film of sarks play calling his tendencies are glaring....sark needs to win out but we all know that doesn't happen. In my eyes all games are winnable except for ucla, but UW hasn't own at asu, osu, for over a decade. Apple cup is not gimme like everyone thinks.

7-5 is more likely than 10-2, and it isn't even close.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Hugh's Price bashing is redundant, but Price was borderline terrible today.

I disagree. Price had no time to throw the football, as he was forced to do a lot with is feet, which he did. This was probably Price's best game of the four against Oregon, although that in itself doesn't say much. I would say he was more average than terrible.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,645
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The wr's had poor separation today, did get open much for most of the day. Seemed to run the same routes over and over.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Hugh is so vanilla in his analysis, he holds back not to offend Steve. They really provided a poor recap of the game. The special teams were poor once again I don't think it was even discussed....they won't touch after 5 years sark is no closer to beating the mighty O. The process will continue to continue.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    jecornel said:

Hugh is so vanilla in his analysis, he holds back not to offend Steve. They really provided a poor recap of the game. The special teams were poor once again I don't think it was even discussed....they won't touch after 5 years sark is no closer to beating the mighty O. The process will continue to continue.

Leave our premium partner out of this!! Derek won't even give you a warning.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If I want to hear about an analyst's glory days on repeat - I will search for Chris Collinsworth's broadcasts on youtube.

Fuck Hugh. That is all.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2013
    jecornel said:

I agree. I think the other reason he holds back is that someone at the network must have told him he was too technical. I know a few guys who know the game and they love Hugh because he talks on their level.

But (1) most of us are not on that level (ie, most of us didn't hang around the NFL with a clipboard for 10 years) and (2) Hugh is not terribly articulate - he's no Mike Tyson, but he's not smooth and is a wreck when he tries to expand his highschool vocabulary). Those two things make for bad TV.

Enter Brock Huard - he can break down the SAME FUCKING ISSUE without using coach speak short hand and arcane terminology. He can also do it succinctly and is comfortable with his vocabulary - you can tell when Hugh is trying to use a new word, and you can tell that Brock doesn't use new words.

But, yeah, I agree with what I think you're saying ... Hugh isn't football stupid. I think that's clear.

he does seem to have this bias with short mobile QBs.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Yes creepycoug. Hugh know exactly what he sees and what isn't working. He just won't say it. Clearly Oregon is superior in all phases. I love when Hugh uses big fancy words I chuckle every time. The honks won't even touch recruiting deficiencies when they all know that is why UW isn't on par. That is too damning on sark.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    We haven't had an athletic director with balls or brains since Mike Lude.

Here, here. Access trumps everything

Modern media can work against you - not just in sports
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2013

Does anyone who posts on this board like Hugh Millen? Also, why do all of you listen to something you don't enjoy?

why do you slow down when you drive past a wreck?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Does anyone who posts on this board like Hugh Millen? Also, why do all of you listen to something you don't enjoy?

it's fucking awful, that's what makes it enjoyable.
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Guys weren't open they don't run timing routes, too much detail for sark. It seems UW runs the same plays all game, no under center packages. Price didn't play great though had Mickens caught that ball he was gone KPs numbers look much better

In our attempt to make our offense Oregon-north we have been using the same 5 or 6 plays all season. The Ducks were prepared for that and the tempo didn't bother them at all. The only thing they had trouble with was Sankey in the second half, but those plays were mostly 100% Sankey finding yards where there was nothing. They had him stuffed inside pretty well in the 1st half.
    One thing I will point out, because I complained about it during the game, is we finally threw a couple slants in the second half.
  • Options
    Millen is such an annoying jackass. How he can stand by and continue to blame Price while putting none of this on Sark's shoulders is disgusting.

The coaching staff has changed, the players have changed, even the schemes on both sides of the ball have changed.

The only consistent thing in these last 5 ass kickings is Sark, Nansen and Cozzeto. Special Teams was awful, OL was awful and the direction of the program/play calling was awful.

Stop arguing for fucking stability idiot Doogs! It doesn't exist and only way to get out of this is by starting over.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

He's okay. He doesn't have the greatest voice and delivery for radio but he does have insights. And whatever....he qb'd for most of the '84 season which was the second best season in the past 50 years..

I don't really get the Millen vs Russell Wilson thing. Wilson is a very athletic, crafty quarterback who is very short. He's In his second year. In the old days, quarterbacks got three or four years to prove themselves. Millen isn't totally sold on a 5' 11" quarterback who is still developing. That seems fine to me.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

At least thats what I thought I saw. I was pretty drunk and also had a hit of weed before i went into the game

Only fucking way to get through this season.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

jecornel said:

Guys weren't open they don't run timing routes, too much detail for sark. It seems UW runs the same plays all game, no under center packages. Price didn't play great though had Mickens caught that ball he was gone KPs numbers look much better

In our attempt to make our offense Oregon-north we have been using the same 5 or 6 plays all season. The Ducks were prepared for that and the tempo didn't bother them at all. The only thing they had trouble with was Sankey in the second half, but those plays were mostly 100% Sankey finding yards where there was nothing. They had him stuffed inside pretty well in the 1st half.
    One thing I will point out, because I complained about it during the game, is we finally threw a couple slants in the second half.
    sounds like sark got outcoached, couldn't have seen that one coming
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

At least thats what I thought I saw. I was pretty drunk and also had a hit of weed before i went into the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOvBgmZXs5Q