Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Softy interview w/ Ryan Fowler

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    The worst Petros experience was going to an SC basketball game when he was the PA guy. He has gotten 100x more listenable on the radio though.
  • montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    HuskyJW said:

Alexis said:

Another guy from Alabama radio on Finebaum I think said not one player on UW's team would start on Alabama. I'm hoping the team actually thinks that also, though I figure Saban may check the film a little better.

With all due respect, who at Washington could actually start at Bama over a current starter? Maybe your RG and Browning, but that's all I can think of. There is definitely no one that would unseat any of our defensive starters.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

HuskyJW said:

Alexis said:

Another guy from Alabama radio on Finebaum I think said not one player on UW's team would start on Alabama. I'm hoping the team actually thinks that also, though I figure Saban may check the film a little better.

With all due respect, who at Washington could actually start at Bama over a current starter? Maybe your RG and Browning, but that's all I can think of. There is definitely no one that would unseat any of our defensive starters.
    Your secondary is your weakness, and UW has arguably the best secondary in the country. Start looking there.

HuskyJW said:

Alexis said:

Your secondary is your weakness, and UW has arguably the best secondary in the country. Start looking there.
    They are actually not our weakness. This is a common misconception. Because teams can't run on us most teams just abandon it and start chucking it down field. The more passes that are thrown, the more yards are given up as well as the more chances for picks. Outside of Averertt, what played the best out of all our corners this season, I don't think anyone in the secondary would have been unseated by any of Washington's players.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

Alexis said:

They are actually not our weakness. This is a common misconception. Because teams can't run on us most teams just abandon it and start chucking it down field. The more passes that are thrown, the more yards are given up as well as the more chances for picks. Outside of Averertt, what played the best out of all our corners this season, I don't think anyone in the secondary would have been unseated by any of Washington's players.
    Again, this shows you've never actually seen Washington play. Alabama plays 10 or 11 teams who have QBs who can't throw the ball over 10 yards. UW plays maybe 2 teams like that. Your DBs are not better. Stick with the rest of the team, your argument may hold water there, as long as you take out the QB and RB and WR. Other than that, you're totally correct.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

HuskyJW said:

Alexis said:

This is actually a really awful post.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    BTW, UW didn't allow 300 yards passing in any game this year, despite facing 2 of the top 4 QB's in passing yards for the season.
    You guys played only 3 good QBs yourselves.

I like how you refuse to address any of the actual data presented and try to distract with this, which even if true is at least 2 more good QB's than Bama faced.

You've got the PurpleMuncher intentional obtuse thing down pat. Good job, good effort.
    You played
    Alexis said:

HuskyJW said:

Alexis said:

Again, this shows you've never actually seen Washington play. Alabama plays 10 or 11 teams who have QBs who can't throw the ball over 10 yards. UW plays maybe 2 teams like that. Your DBs are not better. Stick with the rest of the team, your argument may hold water there, as long as you take out the QB and RB and WR. Other than that, you're totally correct.
    You played two FCS teams and a bunch of teams with average QBs yourselves, outside of USC and Utah and maybe Wazzu. Not counting Colorado because that kid had to leave the game. You also play against in a league that has far inferior talent. How many NFL caliber guys are you
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

Alexis said:

Hi there.

I watched Chad Kelly throw for 420 yards, 3 TDs and no picks against you and none of that was garbage time. Ole Miss never has a running game so that was nothing new. Your secondary is your weakness.

As is your passing offense. Your* still the best team in the country, but those aspects of your game aren't as strong as your running game on both sides or your special teams or your pass rush.

Yes, Washington has players who would start at Alabama. You're clueless if you think otherwise.
    Chad Kelly is an NFL caliber QB so don't let that fact get lost. He did throw his last TD in garbage time to cut the lead. Our passing offense isn't as good as it should be, but we don't need it to be.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,340 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

Alexis said:

I was going to say the exact same thing. I can't name one fucking player on your defense.
    edited December 2016

You played two FCS teams wrong, we both played one, but we did play one more Power 5 opponent than you did and a bunch of teams with average QBs yourselves, outside of USC and Utah fuck you're an idiot and maybe Wazzu (why do you hate Cal?). Not counting Colorado because that kid had to leave the game also he sucks . You also play against in a league that has far inferior talent not at QB. How many NFL caliber guys are you strong finish there, you're good at this internet thing

Chad Kelly is an NFL caliber QB so don't let that fact get lost. Yes he is. So are Darnold, Webb and Falk. 3 > 1. hth He did throw his last TD in garbage time to cut the lead. If you want to call making it a 5 point game with 3 minutes left in a game with 90 total points "garbage time", sure, good call.

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2016
    Not that you had much credibility, but any that you may have had was lost here.

You played two FCS teams and a bunch of teams with average QBs yourselves, outside of USC and Utah and maybe Wazzu. Not counting Colorado because that kid had to leave the game. You also play against in a league that has far inferior talent. How many NFL caliber guys are you.

While Utah's Troy Williams may be an above average QB in the SEC, he is very below average in the Pac 12. So much so that he couldn't beat out the worst QB UW has had since Don Shula's kid coached you guys.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Although the transitive property isn't the end all be all, it does hold merit. Washington struggles when they face better defenses as every team does, we saw this in the USC game. Well Bama has a very good defense. Bama defense strives on facing pro style teams as well. The last time Bama lost to a pro style team was in 2011. Bama can also spread you out on defense and pound you hard with 3 running backs and a strong, fast QB. While Bama hasn't seen a QB as good as Browning, Washington hasn't seen a team as deep as Bama's

NO! NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER. NO. NO. NO.
    dnc said:

I like how you refuse to address any of the actual data presented and try to distract with this, which even if true is at least 2 more good QB's than Bama faced.

You've got the PurpleMuncher intentional obtuse thing down pat. Good job, good effort.
    Well since you think I'm ignoring those facts you presented, let's take a look at some facts that point to Washington's weaknesses:

Browning numbers drop significantly when facing better defenses
    -You all have only face one defense with multiple NFL caliber players on defense
    Your run defense is not as great
    -You all gave up over 200 yards to Utah, 300 to Arizona and 200 to Oregon
    You don't have a lot of depth beyond your starters in the front 7

Those stand out to me most. Look, you all have a pretty good team, I actually watched the Oregon and Stanford game to beginning to end and was rooting for you all all season long.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I used to hate Petros years ago but now I find his weekly interviews on KJR to be the only good thing that station produces.

Should be a lot more WTFs/flags