Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Softy interview w/ Ryan Fowler

Tuscaloosa radio dude, predicts 35-17 bama.

Also, he wasn't all that impressed with the UW d-line but thought the secondary looked pretty good. Can't see any scenario where Washington wins the game. The Alabama defense in his opinion is the best he has ever seen. Mentioned the offense is "OK" and there isn't a single RB on bama that could hold Derrick Henry's jock strap.

He did say the SEC was atrocious this year. Browning will be the best QB they will have faced.

Worth a listen.

I also suggest listening to the Petros Papadakis interview from today as well. It was actually really good. Bagged on Pete Carroll pretty good. Finds Pete insufferable...haha. It's good chit.

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,111
    I used to hate Petros years ago but now I find his weekly interviews on KJR to be the only good thing that station produces.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    jecornel said:

Tuscaloosa radio dude, predicts 35-17 bama.

Also, he wasn't all that impressed with the UW d-line but thought the secondary looked pretty good. Can't see any scenario where Washington wins the game. The Alabama defense in his opinion is the best he has ever seen. Mentioned the offense is "OK" and there isn't a single RB on bama that could hold Derrick Henry's jock strap.

He did say the SEC was atrocious this year. Browning will be the best QB they will have faced.

Worth a listen.

I also suggest listening to the Petros Papadakis interview from today as well. It was actually really good. Bagged on Pete Carroll pretty good. Finds Pete insufferable...haha. It's good chit.

I love these baseless references SEC honks make when SEC teams are the ONLY teams they've ever seen (shout out to Tequilla for my all caps to point where the reader should emphasize with the loud voice in his head).
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    edited December 2016
    @Softy hasn't died yet? I was hoping his weight loss was cancer related.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam
    Another guy from Alabama radio on Finebaum I think said not one player on UW's team would start on Alabama. I'm hoping the team actually thinks that also, though I figure Saban may check the film a little better.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,340 Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

Another guy from Alabama radio on Finebaum I think said not one player on UW's team would start on Alabama. I'm hoping the team actually thinks that also, though I figure Saban may check the film a little better.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Alexis said:

This is an interesting exercise.

Azeem would start there but he's out for the game so I guess that doesn't count.

Budda would start there.

Sid would start there. King might.

One of the DT's would start there but it's hard to define which of the three is best.

Ross would start there.

Gaskin or Coleman would start there.

Browning would start there.

That's probably it though it's possible Trey would start somewhere on the OL (not at LT though).

So UW will be starting 6, maybe 7 players who would start at Bama.
  • montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    The reason Bama fans feel so confident is because most look at the common opponent. USC's defense was able to stifle Washington's offense while Bama rolled them easily. Bama's defense has more talent than USC's and it showed on the field

The reason Bama fans feel so confident is because most look at the common opponent. USC's defense was able to stifle Washington's offense while Bama rolled them easily. Bama's defense has more talent than USC's and it showed on the field

If this transitive bullshit is really the extent of Bama fans analysis then the stereotypes are true.

It's too bad Saban isn't so short-sighted.
  • montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    edited December 2016
    Although the transitive property isn't the end all be all, it does hold merit. Washington struggles when they face better defenses as every team does, we saw this in the USC game. Well Bama has a very good defense. Bama defense strives on facing pro style teams as well. The last time Bama lost to a pro style team was in 2011. Bama can also spread you out on defense and pound you hard with 3 running backs and a strong, fast QB. While Bama hasn't seen a QB as good as Browning, Washington hasn't seen a team as deep as Bama's
    edited December 2016

Although the transitive property isn't the end all be all, it does hold merit. Washington struggles when they face better defenses as every team does, we saw this in the USC game. Well Bama has a very good defense. Bama defense strives on facing pro style teams as well. The last time Bama lost to a pro style team was in 2011. Bama can also spread you out on defense and pound you hard with 3 running backs and a strong, fast QB. While Bama hasn't seen a QB as good as Browning, Washington hasn't seen a team as deep as Bama's

The rest of your post is decent analysis. Extrapolating that UW could struggle against Bama's defense because they struggled with SC's is decent analysis. Judging anything about UW because of SC's game with Bama is transitive bullshit.