Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How the modern recruiting game passed Oregon Ducks by

2»

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

When did Oregon recruiting really tank? They had top 25 classes every year until last year and even then they finished in the top 30. At their peak they were only pulling in borderline top 10 classes but still recruiting below the level they were playing at. Seems like people reaching for a narrative here.

Speaking of narrative. This pic elegantly captures your Buff's season.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    This thred is gay and your all fags
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,590
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm sure Willie will turn it around!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    haie said:

I have a little faith in Willie seeing as how he has turned around programs at every stop. This year's 10-2 USF squad with the ninety-somethingth defense gives me serious pause. But the even the Prez of the UO shouted out to go hire a kick-ass DC, so I guess the admin at Oregon gives a fuck, which is nice. Winners win. LIFPO.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,590
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

haie said:

I have a little faith in Willie seeing as how he has turned around programs at every stop. This year's 10-2 USF squad with the ninety-somethingth defense gives me serious pause. But the even the Prez of the UO shouted out to go hire a kick-ass DC, so I guess the admin at Oregon gives a fuck, which is nice. Winners win. LIFPO.
    He seems like Colorado's coach where he excels at turning a shit tier program around just in time to get gloriously stomped by the coach the school really wanted.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2016
    89ute said:

Baseman said:

When did Oregon recruiting really tank? They had top 25 classes every year until last year and even then they finished in the top 30. At their peak they were only pulling in borderline top 10 classes but still recruiting below the level they were playing at. Seems like people reaching for a narrative here.

Speaking of narrative. This pic elegantly captures your Buff's season.
    Hey, don't leave us out.
    The Utes died a slow death
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sling didn't recruit for shit. The D-end that played and were recruited under Chip were Kenny Rowe, Dion Jordan, Arik Armstead, and DeForrest Buckner. One was a sack machine and the other three were high end first rounders. Who was going after the QB's this year? I watched all twelve games and I have no clue who our D-ends are.

Chip had Brady Leaf, Dennis Dixon, Justin Roper, Masoli, Thomas, and freshman Mariota. That's not a very talented group outside of the last guy and they were dominant on offense. Sling had four years and he had one kid that might be a good QB outside of Mariota.

The linebackers were Matthews, Kaddu, Clay, BoLo, Kiko, Stuckey, etc. We had one freshmam this year that was pretty good, total.

Pick an NFL team, pretty solid chance one of their DB's is a Duck. Zero talent in this year's secondary.

The WR's were there to block and beat single coverage. They don't really do either anymore.

I can keep going. Recruiting rankings are fucking stupid. They are assigned by guys who have no idea what they are looking at. If a kid is offered by a bunch of big name programs they get a high rating.

It's about fit and development. Neither of those things were happening outside of the running back position. RIP Coach Cam.
  • Options
    It's about fit and development. Neither of those things were happening outside of the running back position. RIP Coach Cam.
    He's not dead yet!