Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

GOP social security plan

Options
2001400ex
2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
Let's cut from retirees in middle income brackets rather than increase taxes a couple percent on millionaires.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/gop-introduces-plan-to-massively-cut-social-security-222200857.html

Comments

• doogie
    doogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited December 2016
    Options
    More fake outrage manufactured from fake news right here is the USA!
  • 2001400ex
    Options
    doogie said:

More fake outrage manufactured from fake news right here is the USA!

Is that like how the deficit doubled under Obama?
  • doogie
    Options
    abandoning your pointless shitpost already?
  • dhdawg
    dhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited December 2016
    Options
    privatize social security, privatize medicare. I hope all of you republican voters who paid into the system for 40 years enjoy having your benefits cut so we can stuff more money into the pockets of privative insures.
    Maybe trump if he follows through on his promise will stop it. but he hasn't come out against it yet and his transition team is full of privatizers
  • doogie
    Options
    Why do you care what happens to me or Race with our benefits all of the sudden?
  • 2001400ex
    Options
    doogie said:

I think you actually do care if your benefits are cut and given to wealthy friends of politicians. I can only imagine the screaming if Hillary announced people in her cabinet with ties to Goldman Sachs and Exxon.
  • dhdawg
    dhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Options
    doogie said:

I said I hope you enjoy it. because a lot of people rely on these programs.
  • doogie
    Options
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

I think you actually do care if your benefits are cut and given to wealthy friends of politicians. I can only imagine the screaming if Hillary announced people in her cabinet with ties to Goldman Sachs and Exxon.
    What bank and energy company do you think she would have installed?
  • 2001400ex
    Options
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

What bank and energy company do you think she would have installed?
    Huh?
  • doogie
    Options
    America doesn't run without bankers and lowest cost/highest efficiency energy.

Even you know that (right?)
  • Mosster47
    Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Options
    If they would stop paying out to people who don't deserve it and didn't earn it this wouldn't be a problem.

W tried to stop it from operating like a Ponzi Scheme, but he had a terrible idea for the vehicle and the fund would have almost vanished within a year of it's implementation when the economy crashed.

If they just had a fund that wasn't touched and only payed out benefits to those who contributed and based it on how long they paid in it would work fine. Like a 40 quarters = 50%, 120 quarters = 100% and prorate everything in between. Zero chance politicians would leave a pot of money that big alone though.
  • 2001400ex
    Options
    doogie said:

Trump ran on a campaign of bringing in outsiders and people who would reject big business and big politicians. He blasted Hillary for talking about someone with ties to Goldman Sachs in her cabinet. Then.... He surrounds himself with big business and the president of Goldman Sachs.

Are you really that oblivious or just stupid?
  • Fenderbender123
    Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,902 Standard Supporter
    Options
    Just a small step in the right direction of eliminating SS altogether.
  • UWhuskytskeet
    UWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    Options

Agreed. If you can't work as a 95 year old widowed grandmother, you should just kill yourself.
  • doogie
    Options
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Trump ran on a campaign of bringing in outsiders and people who would reject big business and big politicians. He blasted Hillary for talking about someone with ties to Goldman Sachs in her cabinet. Then.... He surrounds himself with big business and the president of Goldman Sachs.

just ahead of you.

you should stop worrying about how you believe others who don't think like you should worry about stuff that doesn't matter.
  • Fenderbender123
    Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,902 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2016
    Options

Agreed. If you can't work as a 95 year old widowed grandmother, you should just kill yourself.

I have no problem with people providing financial assistance to a 95 year old widowed grandmother. I also have no problem with people planning for and saving up their own retirement so that they don't become old and poor. Just don't force people to do it. The use of force isn't the only solution.
  • 2001400ex
    Options
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

just ahead of you.

you should stop worrying about how you believe others who don't think like you should worry about stuff that doesn't matter.
    Oh it doesn't matter when Trump walks back on his campaign. But Obama is a liar cause he didn't implement all his campaign promises.

Shut the fuck up you partisan tool.
  • RaceBannon
    RaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,657 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    Thanks to government health care you don't have to worry about living to an old age
  • doogie
    Options
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

just ahead of you.

Oh it doesn't matter when Trump walks back on his campaign. But Obama is a liar cause he didn't implement all his campaign promises.

Shut the fuck up you partisan tool.
    What matters is that you lost.

It also matters that you don't understand why and continue to fight what you don't understand. But do what ya gotta do, man.
  • 2001400ex
    Options

Thanks to government health care you don't have to worry about living to an old age

I hope government health care takes you out soon.