Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wedington Sells Couch

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So he decomits same weekend as Fozzy visits and others?

Ain't that sumpin.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,192
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

He believes education is the greatest currency.

He is:

Unless he ends up majoring in something like computer science, engineering, etc.,
    Upvoted because I love this gif
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Unless this is some stanford bullshit thing, either he's a flake or UW went cold in him. Why the hell would he decommit from a rising team that made the playoffs?

Will be interesting to see if the same thing happens to Sirmon in the next year
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Passion said:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Unless this is some stanford bullshit thing, either he's a flake or UW went cold in him. Why the hell would he decommit from a rising team that made the playoffs?

Will give you credit for sticking to your guns ...

But you are insane if you think Pete is going to back away from this commit
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2016
    Tequilla said:

Don't take this as a WDWHA ...

But the reality is that we're not in a position where we are struggling to get 4-star caliber kids anymore. 3-5 years ago this would have hurt a ton. Now, we'll move on to someone that has bought in and wants to be here.

In a normal sized class I may agree with you. This is a weak year for rb out west (allegedly) so if we get Carr that's great. I think that is a pipe dream looking at his offer list though. Besides Coleman and gaskin I am not excited about anyone else really at that position currently in the program. I hope Coleman doesn't go pro but it sure seems like it not be worth staying for him given his situation.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Passion said:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

At this point if Pete signs him then I have full faith that he knows what he's doing. I'm going off what I've seen in two games. I did not like what I saw of his mental makeup.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Passion said:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

At this point if Pete signs him then I have full faith that he knows what he's doing. I'm going off what I've seen in two games. I did not like what I saw of his mental makeup.
    Because 16-17 year old kids are finished products
  • Options
    @AtomicDawg

I was thinking more that we would get a strong player regardless of position ...

Perhaps this keeps Ahmed at RB ... perhaps without Weddington selling the couch Ahmed gets moved to DB
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Passion said:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Because 16-17 year old kids are finished products
    By this logic you can hitch your wagon to the star of any physically talented 16-17 year player then.

Which of course doesn't make any sense.

Remember the whole OKG thing?

• Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

@AtomicDawg

I was thinking more that we would get a strong player regardless of position ...

Perhaps this keeps Ahmed at RB ... perhaps without Weddington selling the couch Ahmed gets moved to DB

Ahmed was always a RB and straight up there isn't another RB in this entire class I would rather have
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    Passion said:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Honestly it feels like we cooled on him. Especially if there is any truth to some of the guys who are being talking about visiting in the near future. I mean how many guys have de-committed from Coach Pete? Isn't Ahmed basically just a better version of him anyway?
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996

Passion said:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Heard Sirmon is kind of a punk, is this true?
  • Options
    This is all bs. We wanted him. He pulled the rug out from under us. He is a good player. We will be okay but this is not a wdwha. Ahmed can play rb hopefully but I seemed to think he may end up more like a Charlie mcthatcher and less of an every down back. @Tequilla is right we can replace him with another quality player, just probably not a running back. Hopefully pleasant turns out to be something. McGrew could be good but I don't think he will be an every down back either.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

But the reality is that we're not in a position where we are struggling to get 4-star caliber kids anymore. 3-5 years ago this would have hurt a ton. Now, we'll move on to someone that has bought in and wants to be here.

In a normal sized class I may agree with you. This is a weak year for rb out west (allegedly) so if we get Carr that's great. I think that is a pipe dream looking at his offer list though. Besides Coleman and gaskin I am not excited about anyone else really at that position currently in the program. I hope Coleman doesn't go pro but it sure seems like it not be worth staying for him given his situation.
    Coleman is not going pro. HAHA
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Salvon will play defense
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

Coleman is not going pro. HAHA
    I hope not. I don't think he knows the answer to that yet. A big performance down the stretch can influence that. Would that not depend on where he is projected? He will have his degree.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I'm wondering if Pete flexed some nuts here and made an example out of Weddington for other recruits. As I said earlier, Petersen offered Weddington way before everyone else. Weddington waits around until December and then starts having sleepovers with Shaw. Pete is very clear with guys who commit that he expects them to honor the commitment and DB/RB are not positions of need. Pete may have called up Weddington and said, "Hey, you agreed to certain things when you committed and you're not following through with those. We're gonna look elsewhere."

From what I gather, this is basically the case.

Also, Pete unfollowed him on Twitter.