Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ts and Ps to AZDuck

2»

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    once you've gone blick...
  • Options
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    wowwwwwwwww

about as small timey as you can get

sub .500 at both stops with horrific defenses
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

wowwwwwwwww

about as small timey as you can get

sub .500 at both stops with horrific defenses

The Beavers stole their coach away from Wisconsin after he won the division.

The Ducks got nowhere near that.

This was a simple case of Accountant vs. Athletic Director.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    @AZDuck Your 100%-correct-on-everything-inside-source (including the exact day Helfrich was fired) sure shit the bed on his Chip Kelly prediction.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

Mosster47 said:

So we skipped hiring the Rick equivalent and the Gilby trial and went straight to Tyrone Willingham. Nice.

It's a good thing I'm moving to Saban land in a week.

Gilby = Slingblade

(Lambo >> Gilby)

But you did skip the slick rick hire.

DPOTM!

Slingblade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gilby

Sling is closer to Gilby than he is to Lambright. Lambo never had a losing record (certainly not two years after (playing for) a natty).

Lambo never lost to 0regon while getting 70 fucking points scored on him.

Sling had resources that Willingham and Gilby would have killed for but had no fucking clue how to use them.

You can say UW bottomed out under Ty but Gilby put them there. In the same manner - Sling put 0regon where they are now.

Sling is much closer to Gilby than he is to Lambo. To say otherwise is simply dncFS.

Slingblade > Gilby - MAYBE. (A tiny bit) . Different era. Different circumstances. Both were successful OC's that lost their team and caused irreparable damage.

BTW - Its now cool to DOOG. Oh, sorry, you are still dnc.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

I just looked up how each of Taggart's teams have done in terms of Defensive S&P+. That isn't a perfect metric, but it is better than many measures because it is SOS adjusted.

Here are the national rankings for Taggart's teams (last four at USF, previous three at WKU):

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

So in seven years as a HC, he has three defenses that have ranked in the top half of FBS in terms of SOS-adjusted defensive efficiency. And those three really were just barely in the top half.

That's not very impressive.

so, maybe brady hoke lives?!?!?!

Useless stat of the day.

When has Oregon ever had a dominating Defense????
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

I just looked up how each of Taggart's teams have done in terms of Defensive S&P+. That isn't a perfect metric, but it is better than many measures because it is SOS adjusted.

Here are the national rankings for Taggart's teams (last four at USF, previous three at WKU):

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

So in seven years as a HC, he has three defenses that have ranked in the top half of FBS in terms of SOS-adjusted defensive efficiency. And those three really were just barely in the top half.

Useless stat of the day.

• Options
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

Useless stat of the day.

Kenny Wheaton ain't quacking through that door.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,816
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

Useless stat of the day.

They had a good enough defense under Chip.

Part of that is my perception because they did really well against the best play caller in America. But they also held Cam Newton and Auburn in check good enough to win but they didn't
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

Useless stat of the day.

The 2010 group rotated 25 guys and all of them were either picked up by the NFL or on an All-Conference team before they left. They weren't dominant I suppose but they more than did their job in every game, including the one they lost.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

Useless stat of the day.

Umm... No... WSU did but not Oregon.

21-7 bitch!!!!!
  • Options
    Blackie said:

Chin'd for finding him in grellow
  • Options

salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

Useless stat of the day.

Part of that is my perception because they did really well against the best play caller in America. But they also held Cam Newton and Auburn in check good enough to win but they didn't
    Good enough
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

Useless stat of the day.

The 2010 group rotated 25 guys and all of them were either picked up by the NFL or on an All-Conference team before they left. They weren't dominant I suppose but they more than did their job in every game, including the one they lost.

You mean like the Ohio State game?
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

Useless stat of the day.

Good enough
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

Useless stat of the day.

No, by 2014 the defense was shit. The day Azz left the defense left with him.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

Useless stat of the day.

Good enough
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

AIRWOLF said:

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

Useless stat of the day.

The day Azz left the defense left with him.

This.