Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ts and Ps to AZDuck

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
ESPN reporting Taggart to Oregon

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47 said:

So we skipped hiring the Rick equivalent and the Gilby trial and went straight to Tyrone Willingham. Nice.

It's a good thing I'm moving to Saban land in a week.

YJCRCY?
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    He's as connected to the Jack Harbaugh tree as you can get without being named John or Jim.

IMO, not a black eye for Oregon.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,003
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Mosster47 said:

So we skipped hiring the Rick equivalent and the Gilby trial and went straight to Tyrone Willingham. Nice.

Gilby = Slingblade

(Lambo >> Gilby)

But you did skip the slick rick hire.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    EwaDawg said:

Mosster47 said:

Gilby = Slingblade

(Lambo >> Gilby)

DPOTM!

Slingblade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gilby
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,034
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    AIRWOLF said:

I just looked up how each of Taggart's teams have done in terms of Defensive S&P+. That isn't a perfect metric, but it is better than many measures because it is SOS adjusted.

Here are the national rankings for Taggart's teams (last four at USF, previous three at WKU):

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

So in seven years as a HC, he has three defenses that have ranked in the top half of FBS in terms of SOS-adjusted defensive efficiency. And those three really were just barely in the top half.

That's not very impressive.

so, maybe brady hoke lives?!?!?!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

As I've said, Oregon writers were throwing out crazy names of sitting power 5 coaches like Gary Patterson and James Franklin. They even had people convinced Chip was coming back.

Those poor Oregon fans took it hook line and sinker and expected a big hire. They have not been through the hiring process like we have 50,102,393 times since 1994. This is their first true coaching search in like 30 years or something.

Poor Ducks never knew that coaching searches usually end in dissapointment.

They did the same shit when they fired Ernie. Do you guys remember the Tom Izzo talk? They then settled on Altman, which turned out to be an amazing hire. Unfortunately, Kilkenny was in charge then, we'll see if Mullins is any good at his job. So far, he's been terrible.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    AIRWOLF said:

I just looked up how each of Taggart's teams have done in terms of Defensive S&P+. That isn't a perfect metric, but it is better than many measures because it is SOS adjusted.

Here are the national rankings for Taggart's teams (last four at USF, previous three at WKU):

2016 #100
    2015 #46
    2014 #96
    2013 #59
    2012 #51
    2011 #88
    2010 #100

So in seven years as a HC, he has three defenses that have ranked in the top half of FBS in terms of SOS-adjusted defensive efficiency. And those three really were just barely in the top half.

That's not very impressive.

This is my problem with Taggart in a nutshell. Helfrich had good offenses, even during this past year's dumpster fire of a season. It was the defense (or lack thereof) that killed us.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,003
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2016
    dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

Mosster47 said:

Gilby = Slingblade

(Lambo >> Gilby)

DPOTM!

Slingblade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gilby

Sling is closer to Gilby than he is to Lambright. Lambo never had a losing record (certainly not two years after (playing for) a natty).

Lambo never lost to 0regon while getting 70 fucking points scored on him.

Sling had resources that Willingham and Gilby would have killed for but had no fucking clue how to use them.

You can say UW bottomed out under Ty but Gilby put them there. In the same manner - Sling put 0regon where they are now.

Sling is much closer to Gilby than he is to Lambo. To say otherwise is simply dncFS.

Slingblade > Gilby - MAYBE. (A tiny bit) . Different era. Different circumstances. Both were successful OC's that lost their team and caused irreparable damage.

BTW - Its now cool to DOOG. Oh, sorry, you are still dnc.