Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

major victory for @swaye

Options

Comments

• PurpleThrobber
    PurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,433
    edited December 2016
    Options
    dhdawg said:
    Whatever.

This whole protest is beyond FS. The risk of trucking or moving oil by railroad is exponentially higher than pipelines. There are 1500 miles of pristine wilderness between North Dakota and Pacific ports where a truck mishap or derailment could happen.

I can buy the whole ancient hunting/burial ground - so jog the route a bit and keep building the motherfucker.

• greenblood
    greenblood Member Posts: 14,304
    Options
    Swaye said:

Those lazy fucks don't give a shit about that pipeline. They just wanted to be bought off. They give reds a bad name.

I guess they aren't getting paid. Sucks for them
  • dhdawg
    dhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Options

dhdawg said:
    Whatever.

This whole protest is beyond FS. The risk of trucking or moving oil by railroad is exponentially higher than pipelines. There are 1500 miles of pristine wilderness between North Dakota and Pacific ports where a truck mishap or derailment could happen.

I can buy the whole ancient hunting/burial ground - so jog the route a bit and keep building the motherfucker.

That's exactly what they are doing. Rerouting it with a pending eis
  • Mosster47
    Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Options
    Swaye said:

Those lazy fucks don't give a shit about that pipeline. They just wanted to be bought off. They give reds a bad name.

Is there anyone giving them a good name?

Asking for a fren...
  • PurpleThrobber
    Options
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:
    Whatever.

That's exactly what they are doing. Rerouting it with a pending eis
    Don't harsh my rant. I know that.

• 2001400ex
    2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    I'm glad for the Tribe out there. Really it's more about having a win against big oil. I was impressed how the Tribes united and all the big names that provided support.

#win4sovereignty
  • greenblood
    Options
    2001400ex said:

I'm glad for the Tribe out there. Really it's more about having a win against big oil. I was impressed how the Tribes united and all the big names that provided support.

#win4sovereignty

Yeah I see where that can be the case. They could have rerouted it before but wasted a lot of time and money trying to wait them out.
  • 2001400ex
    Options

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

Yeah I see where that can be the case. They could have rerouted it before but wasted a lot of time and money trying to wait them out.
    This was about so much more than just a pipeline under a river through a reservation.
  • PurpleThrobber
    edited December 2016
    Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

This was about so much more than just a pipeline under a river through a reservation.
    You're right. With a democratic administration - -and as soon as a new administration rolled into town, that shit got solved fast.

Mad Dog don't play game that game.
  • 2001400ex
    Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

You're right. With a democratic administration - -and as soon as a new administration rolled into town, that shit got solved fast.

Not about Democrat or Republican either. Although it'll be interesting to see how Tribal sovereignty will be different under Trump. Tribes have moved a long ways the last 10-15 years with a lot of case law and intergovernmental agreements.
  • dhdawg
    edited December 2016
    Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

trump isn't gonna reroute the pipeline back. that's just dumb and unnecessary. and if he does, it'll be a lot easier to oppose it compared to obama when half of the left goes to sleep defending him no matter what
  • PurpleReign
    PurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    Options
    They got conquered.. Losers lose.
  • Swaye
    Swaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,147 Founders Club
    Options
    Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

Is there anyone giving them a good name?

Asking for a fren...
    Other than me, not really.
  • greenblood
    Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

The river runs through the reservation, but the pipeline itself was being built on private property. Let's be clear on that.
  • 2001400ex
    Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

The river runs through the reservation, but the pipeline itself was being built on private property. Let's be clear on that.
    I hear it was through an old Indian burial ground. As all projects are.

Nah, yes it was technically on land that is not currently standing rock Sioux tribes.

Paul Ryan tweet: "this is big-government decision-making at its worst. I will look forward to putting this anti-energy presidency behind us."

First of all, three fucking hyphenated words in a tweet? Seriously. What happened to "government for the people by the people"?
  • GrundleStiltzkin
    GrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482 Standard Supporter
    Options
    I like the 7th Cavalry in this one.
  • dhdawg
    Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

Nah, yes it was technically on land that is not currently standing rock Sioux tribes.

Paul Ryan tweet: "this is big-government decision-making at its worst. I will look forward to putting this anti-energy presidency behind us."

First of all, three fucking hyphenated words in a tweet? Seriously. What happened to "government for the people by the people"?
    if the pipeline put his district's water in jeopardy he'd have a different opinion
  • greenblood
    Options
    dhdawg said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

if the pipeline put his district's water in jeopardy he'd have a different opinion
    That's the thing. If the government is going to ban this then, they might as well ban all pipeline builds underneath rivers. Because every major river in the United States passes through one reservation or another. I obviously don't approve of this idea, but it kind of looks like this is the precedent that is being set.
  • 2001400ex
    Options
    dhdawg said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#win4sovereignty

I'm hearing his district likes their water to be flammable right from the kitchen sink.