Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A few football thoughts.

2»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Ringer said:

On paper, the Huskies should win this one. Speaking as a Buffs fan, the worst disparity between the teams is in the WA kick and punt return talent vs. the CO kick and punt teams. That being said, these Buffs have some talent, a ton of heart, lots of experience, great coaching, and sort of a "team of destiny" vibe. This will be a great game.

WA has a shitty kicker and punter. If Buffs are worse, we win by 50.
  • Options
    RingerRinger Member Posts: 16
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Dugdawg said:

CU is going to come out and try to be TUFF. If you watched CU/FUCLA game with the 75 personal foul penalties you know what I mean. I'm sure they will all be wearing their "Toughest Team Wins" tees.

UCLA was the only team this season that got the Buffs off of their game. Buffs had like 4 penalties for saying things, which was bizarre and is not their style. Still beat FUCLA , but that was one ugly win. They'll take it, though.
  • Options
    BabushkaBabushka Member Posts: 211
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    priapism said:

Cu does gamble a bit on defense, I would like to see 4-5 screen plays on 3rd and long to Gaskin.

Also I'd like to see 3-4 funny trick plays - they will all work on cu, as cu does over-pursue.

The over/under is 5.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Ringer said:

Dugdawg said:

CU is going to come out and try to be TUFF. If you watched CU/FUCLA game with the 75 personal foul penalties you know what I mean. I'm sure they will all be wearing their "Toughest Team Wins" tees.

UCLA was the only team this season that got the Buffs off of their game. Buffs had like 4 penalties for saying things, which was bizarre and is not their style. Still beat FUCLA , but that was one ugly win. They'll take it, though.
    It was a strange game to be sure ...

The more I think about it though, I just don't see how Sefo moves the ball on UW's defense ... that's the crux of this game. The Colorado defense will be have their moments ... but I'd be shocked if UW wasn't able to put up 24+ offensively.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The key to this game will be the linebacking play. Expect Washington to force Colorado to run between the tackles. Wooching and the Potatos will favor contain over pass rush. When Colorados is on offense think a more physical but a step slower Arizona. If our boys can force three and outs we have a better chance to win the game. Say 28-17?
  • Options
    Stinky_HankeyStinky_Hankey Member Posts: 82
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

The key to this game will be the linebacking play. Expect Washington to force Colorado to run between the tackles. Wooching and the Potatos will favor contain over pass rush. When Colorados is on offense think a more physical but a step slower Arizona. If our boys can force three and outs we have a better chance to win the game. Say 28-17?

If this game hinges on anything involving WooChing... Doomed.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Ringer said:

On paper, the Huskies should win this one. Speaking as a Buffs fan, the worst disparity between the teams is in the WA kick and punt return talent vs. the CO kick and punt teams. That being said, these Buffs have some talent, a ton of heart, lots of experience, great coaching, and sort of a "team of destiny" vibe. This will be a great game.

buoog?

I guess that's a thing.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

Ringer said:

buoog?

I guess that's a thing.

Boof timer
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Hopefully they packed up a whole pallet of 40lb boxes of Rape for both the offensive and defensive line to open on the Buffs.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Passion said:

Bottom line (at least my read) is that 1) Jonathan Smith must stay committed to the run to keep colorado honest (please God), 2) Washington must have designed plays for its 3rd and 4th WRs (simply relying on Ross and Pettis is not enough), and 3) our OL must do a better job of blocking than they did against usc because colorado will bring heat.

I yield the floor.

Good morning. Hungover? Me too.

Ok, let's go back and review.

1) Jonathan Smith FINALLY committed to the run after some stupid play calls in the first half. It's like he gets anxiety when he hasn't called a pass play for while.

2) Fail. In the first half there were too many long fade patterns which exposed Jake's inaccuracy. Even though the long stuff to Ross and Pettis wouldn't work because of colorado's good CBs and Jake was off, Babushka clearly spent little time designing plays for Fuller, Baccellia, Chico and the TEs.

3) OL was awesome, particularly on running plays. A few breakdowns when colorado brought heat on passing plays, but these were exceptions. There is a reason the announcers gave the O-line the MVP award. They deserved it.