Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Say G'Day common core

Options
doogie
doogie Member Posts: 15,072
edited December 2016 in Tug Tavern
Trump put out an official announcement today

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/01/noted-catholic-educator-time-trump-roll-back-common-core/

Notre Dame law professor and noted Catholic educator Gerard Bradley says it’s time for Donald Trump to focus on eliminating the Common Core standards by lighting a fire under the grassroots movement that drew attention to the federal reform some years ago.

Comments

• dhdawg
    dhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Options
    “contrary to tradition and academic studies on reading and human formation
    Make creationism great again!
    Why don't we go all the way and teach everyone that the earth is 4000 years old while we're at it
  • doogie
    Options
    HuskyJW said:

dhdawg said:

HuskyJW said:

I helped out at my kids school last year....went to the 4th Grade classroom to "help" with fractions.

Holy hell I didn't know what I was looking at.....my old school way of taking the denominator multiplying it by the whole number than adding the numerator came out fine everytime.

Some wanky graph they had this poor girl doing....I couldn't ever get the answer. I still feel bad for confusing the poor thing even worse

Pics of the girl?
    Black.

Maybe Race's daughter?
    in PUBLIC school? um no.
  • Southerndawg
    Southerndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,248 Founders Club
    Options
    HuskyJW said:

I helped out at my kids school last year....went to the 4th Grade classroom to "help" with fractions.

Holy hell I didn't know what I was looking at.....my old school way of taking the denominator multiplying it by the whole number than adding the numerator came out fine everytime.

Some wanky graph they had this poor girl doing....I couldn't ever get the answer. I still feel bad for confusing the poor thing even worse

https://youtu.be/g2QGiGqz-xs

• Fire_Marshall_Bill
    Fire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,021 Founders Club
    Options
    Common Core is stupid. Trump got that one right.
  • Mosster47
    Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Options

No it isn't. It took me about thirty second to realize what Common Core was after looking at it.

It's preparation for going to the Metric System which we should have changed to over 25 years ago. The people that invented the retarded system we still measure with think it's retarded.

Secondly it's to get kids used to binary math structure which is absolutely necessary for coding. Computers run everything and will be even more in control in the future. It's probably a sound idea to get the masses used to how they work.

We have to import most of our mathmeticians from places that aren't retarded about math. Let's keep our kids in the stone age. You don't have to pay stupid people much.
  • UWhuskytskeet
    UWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    Options
    I really don't get the controversy with common core. I used the same techniques throughout elementary school, it just didn't have a name.

Fucking old men yelling at clouds.
  • Fenderbender123
    Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,902 Standard Supporter
    Options
    What gets me about common core is that I am able to think exactly the way common core math is supposed to get people to think, but I get totally lost in the way it tries to teach it because the instructions are horribly written.
  • Mosster47
    Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Options

I get totally lost in the way it tries to teach it because the instructions are horribly written.

This is true. Common Core isn't stupid, it's just very hard to understand if you aren't told what things mean.

Getting rid of it is a bad idea. Revamping it would be a tremendous idea.
  • PurpleThrobber
    PurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,433
    Options
    Mosster47 said:

No it isn't. It took me about thirty second to realize what Common Core was after looking at it.

It's preparation for going to the Metric System which we should have changed to over 25 years ago. The people that invented the retarded system we still measure with think it's retarded.
    They're dead. And have been dead for the better part of two centuries.
  • TurdBomber
    TurdBomber Member Posts: 19,784
    Options
    Fuck Common Core and all fucking federal mandates from the Dept of Education from that cesspool of corruption known as DC.
  • UWhuskytskeet
    UWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    Options

Fuck Common Core and all fucking federal mandates from the Dept of Education from that cesspool of corruption known as DC.

We need someone that will fight Big Math.
  • RaceBannon
    RaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,657 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    When I was in grade school and we know how long ago that was, the word on the street was that America would go metric and we better fucking get ready.

Right
  • doogie
    Options

When I was in grade school and we know how long ago that was, the word on the street was that America would go metric and we better fucking get ready.

Right

In my school, they would have us dive under our desks and cover our heads when we practiced nuclear bomb drills
  • Sledog
    Sledog Member Posts: 31,719
    Options
    dhdawg said:

“contrary to tradition and academic studies on reading and human formation
    Make creationism great again!
    Why don't we go all the way and teach everyone that the earth is 4000 years old while we're at it

Yes the quark epoch from nowhere theory is always a good one too. Something from nothing is a standard occurrence.
  • RoadTrip
    RoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,411 Founders Club
    Options

It's the Dept. of ReEducation