Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Global Warming *snicker

Options
2»

Comments

• Kaepsknee
    Kaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    Options

Knock yourself out.

Simply put, the atmosphere hasn't had this much CO2 for hundreds of thousands of years. CO2 is a greenhouse gas. The world consumes 96 million barrels of oil a day, most of which is burned off as CO2.

I don't get how not fucking with the environment has suddenly become politicized. I can at least understand not agreeing with how regulations are applied, but to deny basic scientific facts is just bizarre.

We need some common sense woodchip laws.
  • Kaepsknee
    Kaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    Options

Maybe some of you should stop driving cars and using electricity to help this situation out since you care so deeply?

But wait...

What about back east where electricity is powered 80% by nuclear and coal power plants?
    What's wrong with nuclear?
    Nothing. Nothing at all.

Those people in Chernobyl and Sendai were just pussies.
  • Southerndawg
    Southerndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,248 Founders Club
    Options

I can only hope our country comes to its senses and invests in clean wood chip power.

• Sledog
    Sledog Member Posts: 31,719
    edited December 2016
    Options

In California we have solved climate change by paying for our grocery bags. The poor clerk was crestfallen when my wife told her that the store got 40% and the State the rest.

"I thought the environment got the money?"

Don't forget Governor MoonBeam jus mandted that cows fart 40% less. I don't want to be the guy shoving catalytic converters up the cattle's butts!

Sounds like a job for some watermelon people like @UWhuskytskeet.
  • Mosster47
    Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Options

Knock yourself out.

Simply put, the atmosphere hasn't had this much CO2 for hundreds of thousands of years. CO2 is a greenhouse gas. The world consumes 96 million barrels of oil a day, most of which is burned off as CO2.

I don't get how not fucking with the environment has suddenly become politicized. I can at least understand not agreeing with how regulations are applied, but to deny basic scientific facts is just bizarre.

Technically, oil is not "burned off" as CO2. It's relationship to oil is that of a product of combustion. Carbon is released from hydrocarbon based fuels as they are oxidized (with atmospheric oxygen) during combustion resulting in several compounds, among them, H20, NOx, CO and CO2. CO is highly toxic and NOx reacts with ultraviolet radiation to form smog. Vehicles use catalytic converters to, among other things, bond additional O with CO compounds to form relatively harmless CO2, and break up NOx into harmless O2 and N. Some pretty evil things taking place there, to be sure.

C02 is a trace gas, making up roughly 0.0085% and 0.0325% of the atmosphere depending on the time of day and latitude the measurement is taken. It is a greenhouse gas, but it is weak and far less prevalent than the far more dangerous di-hydrogen oxygen vapor that also forms as a product of combustion. Perhaps you should focus on banning those terrible effluents.
    Whoa, check out the big brain on Brad!
  • Southerndawg
    Southerndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,248 Founders Club
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mosster47 said:

Knock yourself out.

Technically, oil is not "burned off" as CO2. It's relationship to oil is that of a product of combustion. Carbon is released from hydrocarbon based fuels as they are oxidized (with atmospheric oxygen) during combustion resulting in several compounds, among them, H20, NOx, CO and CO2. CO is highly toxic and NOx reacts with ultraviolet radiation to form smog. Vehicles use catalytic converters to, among other things, bond additional O with CO compounds to form relatively harmless CO2, and break up NOx into harmless O2 and N. Some pretty evil things taking place there, to be sure.

C02 is a trace gas, making up roughly 0.0085% and 0.0325% of the atmosphere depending on the time of day and latitude the measurement is taken. It is a greenhouse gas, but it is weak and far less prevalent than the far more dangerous di-hydrogen oxygen vapor that also forms as a product of combustion. Perhaps you should focus on banning those terrible effluents.
    Whoa, check out the big brain on Brad!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrm-rPSCIBw

Touché, great movie reference. Still, obligatory Fuck You