Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Global Warming *snicker

Options
doogie
doogie Member Posts: 15,072
Global average temperatures over land have plummeted by more than 1C since the middle of this year – their biggest and steepest fall on record.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3974846/Stunning-new-data-indicates-El-Nino-drove-record-highs-global-temperatures-suggesting-rise-not-man-emissions.html#ixzz4RVJcZfev
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comments

• greenblood
    greenblood Member Posts: 14,304
    Options
    It's actually called climate change, and it can also cause a decrease in temperature. Everybody knows that.
  • UWhuskytskeet
    UWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    Options
    So six months of cooling that coincides with the end of a natural warming period somehow negates decades of empirical evidence? I can't tell if this is blatant anti-intellectualism or just science illiteracy. Abundance?
  • doogie
    Options
    What is this empirical evidence you allude to? Mann's hockey stick?
  • UWhuskytskeet
    Options
    Knock yourself out.

Simply put, the atmosphere hasn't had this much CO2 for hundreds of thousands of years. CO2 is a greenhouse gas. The world consumes 96 million barrels of oil a day, most of which is burned off as CO2.

I don't get how not fucking with the environment has suddenly become politicized. I can at least understand not agreeing with how regulations are applied, but to deny basic scientific facts is just bizarre.
  • Fenderbender123
    Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,902 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2016
    Options
    NASA is your source?
  • Southerndawg
    Southerndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,248 Founders Club
    Options

Knock yourself out.

Simply put, the atmosphere hasn't had this much CO2 for hundreds of thousands of years. CO2 is a greenhouse gas. The world consumes 96 million barrels of oil a day, most of which is burned off as CO2.

I don't get how not fucking with the environment has suddenly become politicized. I can at least understand not agreeing with how regulations are applied, but to deny basic scientific facts is just bizarre.

Technically, oil is not "burned off" as CO2. It's relationship to oil is that of a product of combustion. Carbon is released from hydrocarbon based fuels as they are oxidized (with atmospheric oxygen) during combustion resulting in several compounds, among them, H20, NOx, CO and CO2. CO is highly toxic and NOx reacts with ultraviolet radiation to form smog. Vehicles use catalytic converters to, among other things, bond additional O with CO compounds to form relatively harmless CO2, and break up NOx into harmless O2 and N. Some pretty evil things taking place there, to be sure.

C02 is a trace gas, making up roughly 0.0085% and 0.0325% of the atmosphere depending on the time of day and latitude the measurement is taken. It is a greenhouse gas, but it is weak and far less prevalent than the far more dangerous di-hydrogen oxygen vapor that also forms as a product of combustion. Perhaps you should focus on banning those terrible effluents.
  • doogie
    Options

NASA is your source?

NASA's ever-changing historical numbers?

To be fair to NASA, one of their foremost goals since 2009 has been reaching out to the Muslim world.
    and NASA never had to play a RANKED Washington State
  • greenblood
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'll argue that atomic bomb testing has caused more climate disruption than any fossil fuel consumption. Now that we've stop doing that, I really don't give shit about anything else climate related anymore.
  • dhdawg
    dhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Options

Knock yourself out.

NASA is a corrupt organization pushing an agenda. Not in any way like all those climate change denying politicians who couldn't care less about helping the fossil fuels industry after it gave them millions of dollars to get them elected
  • doogie
    Options
    What is the agenda Obama's NASA is pushing, in your opinion?
  • greenblood
    edited November 2016
    Options

Maybe some of you should stop driving cars and using electricity to help this situation out since you care so deeply?

But wait...

What about back east where electricity is powered 80% by nuclear and coal power plants?
  • GrundleStiltzkin
    GrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482 Standard Supporter
    Options
    I can only hope our country comes to its senses and invests in clean wood chip power.
  • greenblood
    edited November 2016
    Options

I can only hope our country comes to its senses and invests in clean wood chip power.

Water...

Fuck off California
  • Alexis
    Alexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,028 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    Hurts Trump, IMO
  • UWhuskytskeet
    Options

Maybe some of you should stop driving cars and using electricity to help this situation out since you care so deeply?

But wait...

What about back east where electricity is powered 80% by nuclear and coal power plants?
    What's wrong with nuclear?
  • greenblood
    Options

But wait...

What's wrong with nuclear?